KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs. Wonder Woman - piercing durability contest

Thor vs. Wonder Woman - piercing durability contest
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Haha I jest, I jest.

It was Paint thumb up

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:50 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

--
Old scans with letter columns of that run are easily accessible. That's why it always surprised me Rage never once bothered to post the proof.

Tracing the old interviews or online posts is a much harder task --- if the site is dead, the only hope of recovering that material would be screenshots scattered randomly over the web or Wayback Machine.

And while I don't always agree on everything concerning the "no interviews!!!" forum rule with you, we do have such rule for a reason.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:52 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

--
Old scans with letter columns of that run are easily accessible. That's why it always surprised me Rage never once bothered to post the proof.

Tracing the old interviews or online posts is a much harder task --- if the site is dead, the only hope of recovering that material would be screenshots scattered randomly over the web or Wayback Machine.

And while I don't always agree on everything concerning the "no interviews!!!" forum rule with you, we do have such rule for a reason.

Comic writers do say a lot of stuff in interviews and tweets and such that often contradicts canon information or just plain doesn't make sense.

But I think answers in letter columns are more reliable most of the time.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:59 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

They can definitely have some useful bits of info.

Like that time when Guggenheim suggested a portion of Logan's brain might have been protected by his skull when he got incarcerated by Nitro with his explosive power boosted further by MGH.

Not only it makes sense, it happened to the DOFP version of the character, as revealed in Paradise X: Heralds.

PS. Intro/recap pages starting the books can also be full of interesting facts, such as describing how exactly mutated Peter "killed" Morlun.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 10:35 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

They can definitely have some useful bits of info.

Like that time when Guggenheim suggested a portion of Logan's brain might have been protected by his skull when he got incarcerated by Nitro with his explosive power boosted further by MGH.

Not only it makes sense, it happened to the DOFP version of the character, as revealed in Paradise X: Heralds.

PS. Intro/recap pages starting the books can also be full of interesting facts, such as describing how exactly mutated Peter "killed" Morlun.

Where in Paradise X?

Old Post May 17th, 2022 11:15 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

First issue, X-51 mentions how DOFP Logan's skull protected his brain from getting vaporized by the Sentinel blast.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 11:51 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Diana tanking multiple attacks from God Scraper which could cleave reality and even kill a ghost (Deadman) is better than any piercing resistance feat from Thor.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

She also tanked Godkiller which shattered her bracers with minimal damage too.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 01:31 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by abhilegend
Diana tanking multiple attacks from God Scraper which could cleave reality and even kill a ghost (Deadman) is better than any piercing resistance feat from Thor.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

She also tanked Godkiller which shattered her bracers with minimal damage too.

Tank?

Old Post May 17th, 2022 01:46 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Even Odinforce Thor gets hurt by bullets lmao

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:01 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Where is it hurting him? And who's to say those are regular bullets

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:25 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:27 PM
DarkSaint85

Carver is right. Banner was completely powerless there, Odin wasa bout to phuck him up and none of the automatic defenses were hurting Thor.

It's as I said - defeat Banner, and Hulk is phucked. Carver is in a real quandary right now lmao.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by carver9
Where is it hurting him?

The "Agghh" and "Arggg" must be Thor was enjoying the tickle in his face stick out tongue
(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:32 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Carver is right. Banner was completely powerless there, Odin wasa bout to phuck him up and none of the automatic defenses were hurting Thor.

It's as I said - defeat Banner, and Hulk is phucked. Carver is in a real quandary right now lmao.

TBF, Banner had some defenses in his command room. But apparently these defenses are incapable of holding an old man and saving Banner from being strangled

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:35 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That's powerless Odin, too, considering Thor has 100% of the Odinforce.

Imagine a telepath like Cassandra Nova. She'd eat him.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:44 PM
Smurph
------

Those are AIM weapons right?

You could use the same scans to say Thor tanked a ton of bullets to the face. He looks hurt as in pained and annoyed but not hurt as in injured.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:50 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Yep, so I initially thought this actually is a showing for Thor's piercing resistance....But I remembered Carver insisted it is full odinforce Thor, so.........

Old Post May 18th, 2022 07:54 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Yep, so I initially thought this actually is a showing for Thor's piercing resistance....But I remembered Carver insisted it is full odinforce Thor, so.........
Fair enough, but the same point stands. Full OnlyFans Thor tanking a ton of bullets to the face isn’t somehow a low showing for NoFans Thor.

And yeah he was making argh noises but to be fair he started those noises before getting shot in the face because Hulk was gripping his neck like a vice. Holding that up as evidence of Thor’s piercing weakness seems like a pretty big stretch.

Old Post May 18th, 2022 08:03 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman - piercing durability contest

Standard Thor.

No Odinforce, no runic magic, no Power Cosmic... no amps at all.

And standard Diana, of course. Bracelets on. No amps.

Whose flesh is harder to penetrate?
Thor's flesh is harder to penetrate against piercing objects.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 19th, 2022 01:20 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
light889

Are we saying thor isn't bulletproof now? Really? Like come on people.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 04:44 PM
light889 is currently offline Click here to Send light889 a Private Message Find more posts by light889 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote