KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder.Woman vs Juggernaut

Wonder.Woman vs Juggernaut
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

Wonder.Woman vs Juggernaut

Diana get her standard gear against Cain, will it help her win?

https://images.app.goo.gl/ayDYeRP3mJ9ijzst8

Old Post May 19th, 2022 06:46 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Random debris kills her.

Old Post May 19th, 2022 07:26 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
light889

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Random debris kills her.

Let's not fall into sexism category. Debris have the same potential to kill him too.

Old Post May 19th, 2022 09:55 AM
light889 is currently offline Click here to Send light889 a Private Message Find more posts by light889 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Diana wins easily

Old Post May 19th, 2022 11:45 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

When I read that comic I couldn’t help but to disagree with the way that it went down. How could the writer know that the lasso would have any effect upon Cain? How could she so easily defeat Cain in a physical confrontation? If we are talking about Cain at full power without additional amplification, I can’t see Diana winning. On the other hand, Cain would be hard pressed to hit her while she actively used her speed.

BFR is her only option IMO. Without this option, he likely wins eventually. I’d be interested in reading other opinions that differ from mine.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 04:04 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Stoic
When I read that comic I couldn’t help but to disagree with the way that it went down. How could the writer know that the lasso would have any effect upon Cain? How could she so easily defeat Cain in a physical confrontation? If we are talking about Cain at full power without additional amplification, I can’t see Diana winning. On the other hand, Cain would be hard pressed to hit her while she actively used her speed.

BFR is her only option IMO. Without this option, he likely wins eventually. I’d be interested in reading other opinions that differ from mine.

She took on and beat Phantom Stranger in Heaven

Old Post May 20th, 2022 04:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
She took on and beat Phantom Stranger in Heaven

The problem with this line of thought is that the Phantom Stranger has his weaknesses, while Cain has his. These are two different characters. What works against one does not necessarily have to work on the other. If we were to adopt this train of thought across all mediums, there are examples that would used to undermine them.

For example; Would we place the Cheetah on the Phantom Stranger’s level because she has given Diana as much resistance as the Phantom Stranger has? This is just one example. There are other examples of Diana having trouble with far less than the Phantom Stranger. What happens if her lasso had no effect on Cain? You could very well be correct, but as I stated in my first post on the subject, I did not agree with the way that their confrontation went down.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 04:22 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

What stops her from just using the lasso to incapacitate him?

Even if you accept that she couldn’t just physically beat him AND accept that the lasso’s powers won’t work to magically subdue him (neither of which I necessarily agree with, given how many low showings Juggs has), she’s just plainly stronger, faster and more skilled than him by… magnitudes. Why doesn’t she just tie him up.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 04:48 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Phantom Stranger is Abstract level and Diana isn't. We don't use showings like that as an average. She still win this though

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 20th, 2022 05:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Phantom Stranger is Abstract level and Diana isn't. We don't use showings like that as an average. She still win this though

Yes but Stoic was using Cain at his HIGHEST levels.

So......we use Diana at hers.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 05:47 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Yes but Stoic was using Cain at his HIGHEST levels.

So......we use Diana at hers.

Highest normal levels.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 05:56 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Smurph

Even if you accept that she couldn’t just physically beat him AND accept that the lasso’s powers won’t work to magically subdue him (neither of which I necessarily agree with, given how many low showings Juggs has), she’s just plainly stronger, faster and more skilled than him by… magnitudes. Why doesn’t she just tie him up.

Have you ever seen Cain have his head torn off? I’ve seen him suffer injuries that would kill most characters however, and he healed from them very fast due to his magical nature.

In terms of strength, we know that he is more than just strength. Even though being far weaker than the Hulk, his durability made up for the strength gap.

There is actual -roof that he is much weaker than the Hulk as well. If we were to take Cain being trapped beneath an ancient temple at face value, we see the strength gap. I am not saying that he would win here. What I said is that I did not agree with the way it went down in that comic.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 06:15 PM
DarkSaint85

Highest normal levels.

She wasn't amped when she did it to Phantom Stranger. So was at normal levels.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 06:28 PM
Smurph
------

Have you ever seen Cain have his head torn off? I’ve seen him suffer injuries that would kill most characters however, and he healed from them very fast due to his magical nature.

In terms of strength, we know that he is more than just strength. Even though being far weaker than the Hulk, his durability made up for the strength gap.

There is actual -roof that he is much weaker than the Hulk as well. If we were to take Cain being trapped beneath an ancient temple at face value, we see the strength gap. I am not saying that he would win here. What I said is that I did not agree with the way it went down in that comic.
What? You said

“If we are talking about Cain at full power without additional amplification, I can’t see Diana winning.”

“BFR is her only option IMO. Without this option, he likely wins eventually.”

So I said:

Old Post May 20th, 2022 06:39 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

What? You said

“If we are talking about Cain at full power without additional amplification, I can’t see Diana winning.”

“BFR is her only option IMO. Without this option, he likely wins eventually.”

So I said:

In a straight slugfest, is what I meant. At full capacity for both, what would make you think that Diana would be able to hurt Cain after seeing him smile while no selling being bashed in the face by Mjolnir?

You see where I’m going with this?

With BFR she absolutely wins.

We have no idea whether or not the lasso would actually work on Cain. This is why I had problems with the way that their fight went. For all we know, he may be immune to the effects due to his magical nature of being unstoppable.

I believe that she would lose a slugfest. He never tires, and was literally created to be unbeatable in a slugfest.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 07:22 PM
Stoic
Avenger

She wasn't amped when she did it to Phantom Stranger. So was at normal levels.

What would work on him, may not work on Cain though. Two entirely different characters.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 07:24 PM
Booya_69

Cain is physically superior, but it's a bad match up due his weakness to magic. Diana has plenty options to end this fight.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 07:30 PM
Booya_69 is currently offline Click here to Send Booya_69 a Private Message Find more posts by Booya_69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
light889

I don't understand something that Stoic said. If we ask how did the writer know the lasso could affect cain. How do we know it can't? That thing has been able to affect a lot of powerful characters. Also how do we know she can't hurt him physically? He is a powerhouse of course, but isn't she supposed to be a heavy hitter too? Then i wouldn't say she is not capable of damaging him. And if both are written to the best of their capabilities, then her speed, skills and unbreakable gear would be an even bigger issue for him than raw strength alone.

But i don't think we can claim WW to be Phantom Stranger level. She is not on that level consistently.

Also Cheetah isn't an equal to WW in strength. We can see in their battles(most of them) where Diana holds back against her since they had a friendship. Cheetah mostly gives Diana some level of trouble because of her super speed and the magic claws and fangs, strength wise she is not on par with WW. Similar to how Flash doesn't need much besides his amazing speed level to be a threat to most characters.

Last edited by light889 on May 20th, 2022 at 07:36 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2022 07:34 PM
light889 is currently offline Click here to Send light889 a Private Message Find more posts by light889 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What would work on him, may not work on Cain though. Two entirely different characters.

That's as stupid as saying that Cain's fists won't work on her. Who Cain's fists have worked on, are different characters from Diana.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 07:52 PM
Stoic
Avenger

That's as stupid as saying that Cain's fists won't work on her. Who Cain's fists have worked on, are different characters from Diana.

They aren’t the same character. Using this as undeniable proof is at best an assumption. Cain does not have the same power set as the Phantom Stranger.

That’s like saying that since the Molecule Man did incredibly well against the Beyonder that we should forget that he was taken down by less than Herald level characters.

The idea that Wonder Woman wins easily because of the win that she had over the Phantom Stranger is just as bad as stating that because Nekron has the power to affect multiple universes makes him greater than an Infinity Gauntlet user because it can only affect it’s native universe.

Old Post May 20th, 2022 09:41 PM