KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Krakoa vs Annihilation Wave

Krakoa vs Annihilation Wave
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Rogue probably knows. Captain America used to test her on her knowledge of extinction level events (including the Annihilation Wave, specifically) when they were both Avengers.

If that's true then between Sunfire and TP then I don't see how the bugs stand a chance. But, that still leaves Thanos and TnA.

Old Post May 24th, 2022 11:17 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I mean....the entirety of the AWave could be sent to fight Thanos, Tenebrous and Aegis.

Assuming those three manage to kill the millions of bugs.....then the entirety of Krakoa would be focusing on them.

Between the reality warpers like Proteus and Legion, not to mention the black hole guys like the two Xorns, plus all that TP firepower..... mutants win this.

Old Post May 24th, 2022 11:38 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Sup phuckers and thots.

I don’t think the match is straight forward. To take out the Annihilation Wave by force requires someone with enough power to replicate what Galactus did at the end of Annihlation. Is there anyone that powerful in Krakoa now? Legit question, Ive only read bits off this X-Men. Most of the powerhouse mutants are gimped.

And even then, they would have to contend with T&A, Galactus Gun, Thanos, and Annihilus himself... who was fairly powerful with comic handcuffs and dildo. If at full power any of the top 4 mutants can solo the A-Wave.

As they stand right now…don’t know.

Also with all the heavy hitting telepaths, there is a really strong possibility that someone like Cassandra Nova to mind-phuck footers. More so since that army operates under a hivemind, you know how Cassie loves to use the back door, just ask Chuck.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 01:16 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Classic NES
If that's true then between Sunfire and TP then I don't see how the bugs stand a chance. But, that still leaves Thanos and TnA.

It depends. If it's the cell that recently faced the X-Men then sure they'd win. If it's the wave from the Annihilation series then no they lose. Plus I'm not sure if they could control that many minds... Annihilus overcame Thanos mind control so maybe he could fight out the muties my biggi takeaway is the sheer numbers the AWave had plus ships and ground troops.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 01:39 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Sin I AM
It depends. If it's the cell that recently faced the X-Men then sure they'd win. If it's the wave from the Annihilation series then no they lose. Plus I'm not sure if they could control that many minds... Annihilus overcame Thanos mind control so maybe he could fight out the muties my biggi takeaway is the sheer numbers the AWave had plus ships and ground troops.

But no-one is talking about mind-controlling all the bugs. Just one person - the guy who holds the CCR, as you yourself pointed out. In this case, it's Annihilus.

Annihlus fought off Thanos' telepathy? When? Even ignoring that, Prof X+Cerebro+Jean+Emma+Sinister+Cable+Cuckoos+Quentin
Quire+Mentallo+Mastermind+Apocalypse+cassandra Nova, all being amped simultaneously by Cortez+Hope+Synch, would annihilate Thanos, to the poitn of extreme overkill.

I mean, even Shadow King is part of Krakoa now, plus Madelyne Pryor and Selene.
(please log in to view the image)

And taking over the head of an empire is precisely Cassandra's MO:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

She never mind-controlled the entire Shi-Ar (that's like, a million worlds). Just Lilandra, and everyone else followed on her word.

All that mental power, focussed on Annihilus? He'd be fried, assuming they don't just take control of him. That's again, ignoring other tactics they can utilise.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on May 25th, 2022 at 08:44 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2022 08:40 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

But no-one is talking about mind-controlling all the bugs. Just one person - the guy who holds the CCR, as you yourself pointed out. In this case, it's Annihilus.

Annihlus fought off Thanos' telepathy? When? Even ignoring that, Prof X+Cerebro+Jean+Emma+Sinister+Cable+Cuckoos+Quentin
Quire+Mentallo+Mastermind+Apocalypse+cassandra Nova, all being amped simultaneously by Cortez+Hope+Synch, would annihilate Thanos, to the poitn of extreme overkill.

I mean, even Shadow King is part of Krakoa now, plus Madelyne Pryor and Selene.

And Exodus is there too I guess, but yes that lot would be overkill.

Taking over key figures in the wave would probably be a viable strategy.

Take T&A out of it and this could actually be a pretty interesting battle.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 01:43 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Tenebrous and Aegis did nothing of note. They punched and blasted, but that was it. What are their TP resistance feats? Transmutation durability? If Colossus did a fastball special with Logan (then amped by Magneto), would he go through them like nothing? What happens if he headshots them?

Hell, what if Proteus clicks his fingers would they turn into daisies? They have zero feats, really. Eden could send them to the Crunch.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 01:47 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Tenebrous and Aegis did nothing of note.

They took down Galactus.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 03:43 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And? Galactus is a jobber.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 03:56 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yes, they did- through punches and blasts. Cool , sure, but do they have any other powers?

For example, what happens if Shadowcat phases them?

Old Post May 26th, 2022 04:03 PM
Smurph
------

A thread like this is so open that it invites poster creativity without the confines of a comic book narrative.

Give Darksaint enough prep time and he’ll have Spot take out the Annihilation Wave.

Old Post May 26th, 2022 04:19 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Yes, they did- through punches and blasts. Cool , sure, but do they have any other powers?

For example, what happens if Shadowcat phases them?

What about implied power Aka power-scaling? For example Mistress Love doesn't have feats but because she's part of the cosmic hierarchy it's implied that she's powerful. Technically, wolverine has more feats than her but you wouldn't argue that logan could beat her?

Old Post May 26th, 2022 04:22 PM
DarkSaint85

Both of you are right. Power scaling should be taken into account.

Also, Spot would phuck them up thumb up

Old Post May 26th, 2022 04:48 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

What about implied power Aka power-scaling? For example Mistress Love doesn't have feats but because she's part of the cosmic hierarchy it's implied that she's powerful. Technically, wolverine has more feats than her but you wouldn't argue that logan could beat her?
This is a very good question actually -- how far does the power transference go? We do this with general direct comparison of abilities abilities [i.e. if somebody has a good fistfight with a very serious Namor who doesn't tend to hold back, we can assume they're in the same ballpark of strength/durability], but in terms of 'stature'? I'm not sure. T&A obviously have [as far as shown abilities] nigh-parity with Galactus [i.e. pew pew blasts and some slugfesting], but I don't think it's fair to assume they have all of the other abilities [and versatility] of Galactus, nor is it provable. So this thread can't be a two pseudo nigh-Galactus(es) in the Annihilation Wave.

But with somebody like Mistress Love, or a hypothetical abstract that is featless and is only presented as "part" of a large conglomerate of beings of [varying] powers? I don't know -- I'd tend to, unless shown otherwise [i.e. direct comparison, feats or a fight] either not use them, or give them very little credit.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on May 27th, 2022 at 08:57 PM

Old Post May 27th, 2022 08:54 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I'm probably wrong about this but I'll forward it anyway. But, don't cosmics and abstracts of a comparable level often share a similar powerset?

Old Post May 28th, 2022 12:01 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

laughing out loud

Well, pretty much. As they're meant to have almost limitless power.

Old Post May 28th, 2022 12:06 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I'm probably wrong about this but I'll forward it anyway. But, don't cosmics and abstracts of a comparable level often share a similar powerset?
Sure. It places them somewhere below Iceman.

https://imgur.com/hkdAZkm

https://imgur.com/NhhxuQU

Old Post May 28th, 2022 12:31 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by Smurph
Sure. It places them somewhere below Iceman.

https://imgur.com/hkdAZkm

https://imgur.com/NhhxuQU

laughing out loud

Old Post May 28th, 2022 01:14 AM