KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry and Count Nefaria

Superman vs. Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry and Count Nefaria
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

He did hold 2 Universes apart.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 24th, 2022 09:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Add Thing to team two, he's more relevant to the fight than Count Nefaria

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 24th, 2022 09:17 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9

What were his hands bracing? You can’t just add the weight of additional stars that would have collided as well, to the weight that was shown to have been wrestled against by Hyperion. Do you see what I’m saying?

We saw him pressed between two planets, not the sum of two entire universes held apart in either hand bro.

Old Post May 24th, 2022 09:22 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Well if it was only 2 planets then I would agree that Superman is stronger.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 24th, 2022 09:59 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

It's a bit of an iffy feat because the Incursions relied on the collision of two Alternate Earths, if one of the Earths were destroyed before the collision then both universes would survive.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

- New Avengers (2013) #2

And technically Hyperion only held the "worlds apart." Given the circumstances, you could interpret this to mean either the planets or the universes.

- Avengers (2013) #4

That said, he did survive the Incursion, so it's a good durability feat if nothing else.

Old Post May 24th, 2022 10:25 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Astner
It's a bit of an iffy feat because the Incursions relied on the collision of two Alternate Earths, if one of the Earths were destroyed before the collision then both universes would survive.

- New Avengers (2013) #2

And technically Hyperion only held the "worlds apart." Given the circumstances, you could interpret this to mean either the planets or the universes.

- Avengers (2013) #4

That said, he did survive the Incursion, so it's a good durability feat if nothing else.

thumb up

Old Post May 24th, 2022 10:32 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Correction. Maybe he didn't survive? I forgot about this, but it was mentioned that he was "ressurected," but it's only mentioned in passing.

(please log in to view the image)

- Avengers (2013) #4

Old Post May 24th, 2022 10:35 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

It was briefly, but Hyperion did hold two universes apart. That places him FAR above superman. Sentry as everyone should know is FAR above superman. Gladiator being stronger than Hulk and Hyperion COMBINED is FAR above superman. Count nefaria beat a team superior to the one that beat Superman into unconsciousness. He is FAR above superman who is nowhere near as strong as characters like CM and WW combined. This is a massacre.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 06:47 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by JBL
It was briefly, but Hyperion did hold two universes apart. That places him FAR above superman. Sentry as everyone should know is FAR above superman. Gladiator being stronger than Hulk and Hyperion COMBINED is FAR above superman. Count nefaria beat a team superior to the one that beat Superman into unconsciousness. He is FAR above superman who is nowhere near as strong as characters like CM and WW combined. This is a massacre.

Depends entirely on which version of Superman that you’re arguing against. If we are using Superman on his own without a team, taking on near impossible odds, and coming out on top? Then no for the vast majority of these guys. Name two times that Gladiator has overcome forces that have threatened to overtake him.

Superman can absolutely defeat the vast majority of these guys within the first minute of conflict. He’d actually make Count Nefaria look like a snail vs a scolopendra and that’s being generous. I’m going based upon their actual true top speeds.

Hyperion did not hold apart more than that which was shown; when seen holding two planets apart. What are his battle feats?

Superman defeated Rogol Zaar who folded Solar Man. Solar Man was a Hyperion level character. I’m betting that Rogol Zaar would beat the mess out of both Gladiator and Hyperion.

Count Nefaria is by far the slowest due to have been stated to not be able to travel at light speed he wouldn’t even be able to see Superman much less react to earth shaking punches.

In terms of Martial Arts skill, Superman take a dump all over these guys. If we were to reduce this group to the level of an Olympic level athlete, and put them in the ring with Batman, how do you think that it would turn out?

Sentry at full capacity would be his biggest challenge. The others are all singularly weaker, inferior fighters, squishier, slower, and less powerful.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 07:27 AM
JBL
Wrestling God

Wow. Gladiator is stronger, faster and a far better fighter than superman. Sentry beat molecule man, someone who would destroy superman times 50. Gladiator stalemated Supreme, someone who would murder superman as image pretty much stated. Again, Count nefaria beat a team superior to the team that beat the tar out of superman. Hyperion did hold two universes apart.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 08:20 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Superman’s durability is the real deal. Gladiator’s is an illusion of sorts. When it comes down to who would be burned away first, it would be Gladiator that would be the first to die. This shows exactly which one of these characters are stronger.

Superman wasn’t able to do more than stalemate Omni Man. Hmmm, if Omni Man fought Gladiator and it was stated that Supreme was 4 times more powerful than Gladiator is, wouldn’t that mean that Omni Man would be 4 times more powerful than Gladiator as well?

What Superman are you arguing against? I’m arguing full capacity. Do you have any idea what Darkseid would do to Gladiator? We’ve seen the damage that the Shiar deities have done to Gladiator.

Where is your proof? Where has Gladiator taken on a greater force and come back from the brink and win?Let’s see….

Gladiator vs Anni-Hulk. Gladiator gets molested. What would he do against Brainiac? The same thing that happened when he fought Black Bolt briefly, he’d be pushed past his limited physical tolerance. Gladiator is not Superman by a long shot.

Tyrant deals with Gladiator quickly. Superman defeats Darkseid Avatars that would beat Gladiator to death. Black Dwarf pushed Gladiator pretty hard. This immediately gives you a glimpse on the difference of their power levels, and toughness. Superman’s survivability is far above any of these bargain basement clones. Sentry is an entirely different situation. He can not be killed, only driven back for a season, and that depends upon Bob’s perception on reality.

Don’t get it twisted, Superman knows every weak spot on the human anatomy, and Gladiator has a shit ton of weak spots. Gladiator and Hyperion are the fastest. Hyperion is far slower in an atmosphere though, and is roughly as fast as Count Nefaria, while planet-side. We see an example of this in Quasar.

If not for the Sentry, Superman would beat them all before they knew what was attacking them with punches capable of sapping Darkseid’s strength. Superman is on a higher level than the clones. Sentry is not a clone of Superman, he’s something else entirely.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:51 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I could not edit, but I mentioned that Superman was not able to do more than stalemate Omni Man. It was supposed read Supreme. Not Superman.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 10:53 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Stoic
Superman’s durability is the real deal. Gladiator’s is an illusion of sorts. When it comes down to who would be burned away first, it would be Gladiator that would be the first to die. This shows exactly which one of these characters are stronger.

Superman wasn’t able to do more than stalemate Omni Man. Hmmm, if Omni Man fought Gladiator and it was stated that Supreme was 4 times more powerful than Gladiator is, wouldn’t that mean that Omni Man would be 4 times more powerful than Gladiator as well?

What Superman are you arguing against? I’m arguing full capacity. Do you have any idea what Darkseid would do to Gladiator? We’ve seen the damage that the Shiar deities have done to Gladiator.

Where is your proof? Where has Gladiator taken on a greater force and come back from the brink and win?Let’s see….

Gladiator vs Anni-Hulk. Gladiator gets molested. What would he do against Brainiac? The same thing that happened when he fought Black Bolt briefly, he’d be pushed past his limited physical tolerance. Gladiator is not Superman by a long shot.

Tyrant deals with Gladiator quickly. Superman defeats Darkseid Avatars that would beat Gladiator to death. Black Dwarf pushed Gladiator pretty hard. This immediately gives you a glimpse on the difference of their power levels, and toughness. Superman’s survivability is far above any of these bargain basement clones. Sentry is an entirely different situation. He can not be killed, only driven back for a season, and that depends upon Bob’s perception on reality.

Don’t get it twisted, Superman knows every weak spot on the human anatomy, and Gladiator has a shit ton of weak spots. Gladiator and Hyperion are the fastest. Hyperion is far slower in an atmosphere though, and is roughly as fast as Count Nefaria, while planet-side. We see an example of this in Quasar.

If not for the Sentry, Superman would beat them all before they knew what was attacking them with punches capable of sapping Darkseid’s strength. Superman is on a higher level than the clones. Sentry is not a clone of Superman, he’s something else entirely.

Gladiator isn't human, though.

Although there was that one time that Wolverine used pressure points to KO Kid Gladiator, but I considered that to be such BS that I wrote a letter in to complain about it.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 25th, 2022 12:02 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
(please log in to view the image)

I know it's fan art but it's pretty good pic except sentry, looks oop

Old Post May 25th, 2022 01:06 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Astner

- New Avengers (2013) #2

- Avengers (2013) #4

Why did the Earth's crumble?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 25th, 2022 01:22 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Gladiator isn't human, though.

Although there was that one time that Wolverine used pressure points to KO Kid Gladiator, but I considered that to be such BS that I wrote a letter in to complain about it.

He isn’t human, but neither is Superman, and as I stated Gladiator has the very same nerve endings that other humanoid be ithey human, or alien of similar stature. Did he not scream when Wolverine cut him? Was he not winded when Gambit fired off an entire deck of cards to his midsection?

Besides the Sentry and Gladiator, Hyperion, and Count Nefaria would be unable to actually compete, and would be several steps behind at all times due to being too slow in an atmosphere. Superman can literally one, or two piece Gladiator due to the difference in toughness. Huh? You think that I’m kidding, but a serious Superman can hit within the range of a Starbrand wielded, simply because his body can take it, while Gladiator a character of on average is one or even two power tiers below Superman. In terms of being well rounded, there is no comparison. Gladiator was weighed and measured. For one, Superman would have defeated Anni-Hulk. Sure it would’ve been a hell of a fight, but based upon his past battles he’s simply above Gladiator.

The Phoenix Five is another example. Do you actually believe that a member of that team would be able to pulverize Superman the way that they did to Gladiator? I mean while operating at a fifth of Jean Grey’s Phoenix level.

Gladiator tore a planet apart. Superman shook half of the Phantom Zone.

Sentry is the only threat here, and Bob may use this fight as a means to get out of dodge based upon his character. Robert Reynolds has run away every time situations escalate beyond his mental tolerance levels. This will be proven the very next time you see the character.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 07:01 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Why did the Earth's crumble?

The strain that was placed upon them is the reason that they imploded. He does stop the two planets. I’m not taking that away from him, and the period that he did this was brief. He’s plenty strong, but too slow within an atmosphere. In space he’d keep up fine, but not on Earth. Superman would beat him silly unless this battle is being help in space? Count Nefaria is just too slow to compete. He’d have the strength, but what good is strength if you aren’t able to connect?

Imagine this. You ever watch the Walking Dead series on AMC? You see how slow the zombies are? In real life, you’d be able to take down 15 of them with ease because of the speed difference between you and the zombie. In Superman’s case the gap is even larger.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 07:08 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

Here we go again. Gladiator tears black holes apart with his bare hands, Collapse entire stars. Superman when it comes to black holes could not even contain a MINI black hole and need help. Superman not holding back could not even get Black Adam out the city. Gladiator removed Supreme off the planet. Gladiator contained a explosion that would have annihilated half the solar system, again superman could not contain that weak mini black hole. Speed?? What's supermans fastest recorded speed? How about light needing hours to catch up with him? Well Gladiator covered LIGHTYEARS in minutes. Durability? Let's not even get into the explosions that have knocked Superman out or he had to be saved. Strength? Ha. Easy one. When it comes to talking about their strength ON PANEL, SUPERMAN IS EVEN WITH CAPTAIN MARVEL, Black Adam, and a little above WW. Gladiator is stronger than Hulk and Hyperion COMBINED. End. Spite thread. Now for anyone that respond. I don't want to see who beat who in a comic book. Because I can revert to Spider-Man beating Firelord. I want to see people talking about the character speed. Or talking about their strength. I don't want to see feats that are exaggerated because I will let you know about it.

Last edited by JBL on May 25th, 2022 at 08:35 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2022 08:27 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by JBL
Here we go again. Gladiator tears black holes apart with his bare hands, Collapse entire stars. Superman when it comes to black holes could not even contain a MINI black hole and need help. Superman not holding back could not even get Black Adam out the city. Gladiator removed Supreme off the planet. Gladiator contained a explosion that would have annihilated half the solar system, again superman could not contain that weak mini black hole. Speed?? What's supermans fastest recorded speed? How about light needing hours to catch up with him? Well Gladiator covered LIGHTYEARS in minutes. Durability? Let's not even get into the explosions that have knocked Superman out or he had to be saved. Strength? Ha. Easy one. When it comes to talking about their strength ON PANEL, SUPERMAN IS EVEN WITH CAPTAIN MARVEL, Black Adam, and a little above WW. Gladiator is stronger than Hulk and Hyperion COMBINED. End. Spite thread. Now for anyone that respond. I don't want to see who beat who in a comic book. Because I can revert to Spider-Man beating Firelord. I want to see people talking about the character speed. Or talking about their strength. I don't want to see feats that are exaggerated because I will let you know about it.

Then why does he continue to get his ass beaten?

Old Post May 25th, 2022 08:53 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

Because that's what the writers want to happen in a Comic book. This is not a comic book. This is a battle board site.

Old Post May 25th, 2022 08:59 PM