KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Shazam vs. Homelander

Shazam vs. Homelander
Started by: deft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deft

Shazam vs. Homelander

Shazam (DCEU) vs. Homelander (The Boys)

Who wins?

Old Post May 25th, 2022 03:15 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm leaning towards Shazam.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 26th, 2022 01:59 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Shazam has greater feats from what I recall, but I googled "Homelander's greatest feats" to see if I've forgptton some of the highter one, I got this hit:

"Able to put a dickhole in a human head and destroy a desk by throwing it with one arm"

I'm sure it's from the comic, but laughing

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 26th, 2022 06:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Shazam has greater feats from what I recall, but I googled "Homelander's greatest feats" to see if I've forgptton some of the highter one, I got this hit:

"Able to put a dickhole in a human head and destroy a desk by throwing it with one arm"

I'm sure it's from the comic, but laughing
That's really random lmfao.

Why were those mentioned specifically?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 27th, 2022 05:35 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

There was a list of feats that came up, that one was just WTF why.

Old Post May 27th, 2022 05:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah he ****s the president's skull in the comic.

Shazam's feats of strength and durability aren't particularly above Homelander's but he is substantially faster so he should win handily.

Old Post May 28th, 2022 06:25 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I'm trying to remember what shazam's actual strength Feats are he caught a car or a bus or something

Old Post May 30th, 2022 11:53 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
I'm trying to remember what shazam's actual strength Feats are he caught a car or a bus or something
He caught a falling bus without too much trouble and should scale to Pedro, who handled a ferris wheel.

Old Post May 31st, 2022 02:55 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

He casually finger flicked a steel garbage can with such a force that it got crush on a wall 50-60ft away. The feat too multiple tons of strength to do. But the kicker is that he only used a tiny fraction of his strength to do the feat.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 31st, 2022 12:38 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by h1a8
He casually finger flicked a steel garbage can with such a force that it got crush on a wall 50-60ft away. The feat too multiple tons of strength to do. But the kicker is that he only used a tiny fraction of his strength to do the feat.

I have no memory of this extraordinary feat. Do you have a clip?

Old Post May 31st, 2022 05:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by NemeBro
He caught a falling bus without too much trouble and should scale to Pedro, who handled a ferris wheel.

Weren't they individually weaker as the family due to Shazam's power being split among six heroes instead of focused on just one?

Or am I thinking of the comics maybe.

Old Post May 31st, 2022 06:15 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The Power Sharing didn't weaken Billy, it was just his siblings got 1 primary power and the rest of their abilities were at a normal level comparatively speaking. Nobody was as fast as the sister, and nobody was as atrong as Pedro for instance. And I believe Freddy got the lightning.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 12:24 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Freddy got flight, his asian stepbro got the lightning.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 01:57 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I have no memory of this extraordinary feat. Do you have a clip?

About twelve seconds in.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 02:00 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by KingD19
The Power Sharing didn't weaken Billy, it was just his siblings got 1 primary power and the rest of their abilities were at a normal level comparatively speaking. Nobody was as fast as the sister, and nobody was as atrong as Pedro for instance. And I believe Freddy got the lightning.

Okay, cool thumb up

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 02:01 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

It might not seem like much, but Shazam has also thrown a football into space. I can't even calculate how much force it takes to propel a football past the atmosphere and beyond orbit.

Also if I recall, Stormfront's plasma/electrical bolts left noticeable damage on Homelander even if it was mostly cosmetic. I'm sure sustained lightning from Billy will mess him up as it's actual lightning he can shoot from his hands and summon from the sky as well.

Last edited by KingD19 on Jun 2nd, 2022 at 09:50 AM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2022 09:46 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Considering the ball wasn't propelled by a rocket (or other sustained force), it'd need to be traveling at least fast enough to break Earth's escape velocity, which is 11.2 km (6.96 miles) per second.

Pretty sure that's how that would work.

edit: Might want to ask someone like Astner, I know he's Swedish and they're an awfully difficult race to deal with, but he seems to know his sciencer stuff pretty well

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 3rd, 2022 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 06:28 PM
NemeBro

Yeah that's the minimum speed the ball would be traveling, so about mach 32.6.

Also falls well below his actual speed given his and Darla's feats.

Granted, a football traveling at escape velocity only has a force of about 5.25 tons so bluntly Homelander could likely replicate it, though that's not accounting for things like drag because no one wants to do that much ****ing work.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 01:53 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Robtard
Considering the ball wasn't propelled by a rocket (or other sustained force), it'd need to be traveling at least fast enough to break Earth's escape velocity, which is 11.2 km (6.96 miles) per second.

Pretty sure that's how that would work.

edit: Might want to ask someone like Astner, I know he's Swedish and they're an awfully difficult race to deal with, but he seems to know his sciencer stuff pretty well

In reality it's impossible to do such things. The football would be destroyed long before it leaves the atmosphere.

Assuming a sufficiently durable football then it would take at minimum millions of tons of force, mostly to defeat drag forces.
Remember the force of drag is proportional to the square of speed.
So a football moving at 11.2km/s would experience a drag force so strong that it's speed will reduce to 0 almost instantly.
In other words, the moment you release the ball at 11.2km/s it stops dead in its tracks a fraction of a second later.

You have to throw the ball with relativistic speeds (which complicates matters). I did a general calculation using differential equations many years ago.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 02:22 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Shut up h1

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 04:24 PM