KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Freddy Vs. Jason

Freddy Vs. Jason
Started by: Senor_Pessoba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeNiro

o yeah that would be cool i mean pinhead just looks so evil also i mean freddy and jason just dont compare

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 05:58 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

quote:
Originally posted by h0ck3yh0rr0r
i got idea tag team match Freddy/Pinhead vs Jason/Mike Myers...nice battle

now that would be kick ass i bet that after pinhead and freddy won pinhead would turn on freddy and bring him down to hell or turn him into one of his cybortes or however u spell em or give him more powers from hell to make him even more powerful but yeah good idea i would luv to see that movie

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 06:05 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

whos pinhead?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 06:35 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

you ever see hellraiser? in short some dude with pins in his head that have powers of hell, believe me it takes a good while to explain pinhead and his origin so just stick witht the guy with pins in his head

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 07:39 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

someone asked if they were gonna make another hellraiser movie, well after there last 3 faliures ending with hellseeker. the studios pretty much closed the book on pinhead untill a script writer convinced clive barker the creater of pin head and the original hellraiser movie to co-op on a script, and if this goes through expect to see some freaky shit cuz barker is the most twisted horror writer however he might not go through with it because hes working on a t.v show along with another movie .so time will tell if therell be another hellraiser movie,

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 07:49 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

if they are going to make new pinhead it better be good...

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 08:00 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

well i watched friday the 13th part III the other day and the speacila effects just sucked and then i watched the previews for freddy vs jason and i bet they spent more money on the preview then friday partIII did in the whole movie, so what i am getting at is if they made a new hellraiser movie it should be really bad ass cause the speacils effects no a days just will make that movie really ****ed up and i just hope that they have a good story plot to hellraiser though if they decieded to make a new one caus the sepcile effects r in the bag fo sho.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 08:34 PM
esd82285

Something many people miss... when watching '80s slashers (like Nightmare and Friday), it doesn't take much (if any) special effects to be an extremely awesome movie. Yeah, effects do kick major ass, but it's definitely not needed to scare the piss out of someone. I'm almost 18 and I can probably tell the Nightmare 1 story scene by scene... but I still can't watch it in its entirety and get a good night's sleep too. Then again, Jason X... the worst of all Friday movies (in my opinion). That movie is loaded with effect, which negatively enhance the movie. Which (kind of) proves my point. Nightmare 1 (few effects) is way better (in all possible ways) than Jason X (many effects). People's anticipation for Freddy vs. Jason will probably be diminished once seeing the movie because they'll notice that it's not going to be the same Freddy and Jason that they knew from the mid-80s to mid-90s. They are new characters created by Director Ronny Yu in his own image. He came to America with this opportunity from Austrailia. He's only ever seen the first film of each franchise and is basing the upcoming movie on that. This, of course, does not in any way mean that I'm doubting the outcome of Freddy vs. Jason... I just simply feel that Robert Shaye (CEO of New Line Cinema) could've found a better director for the movie.......... LIKE WES CRAVEN... any thoughts?

Last edited by esd82285 on Aug 13th, 2003 at 08:20 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 08:17 AM
esd82285 is currently offline Click here to Send esd82285 a Private Message Find more posts by esd82285 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
esd82285

SPOILER:

To answer lonewolf from long ago in the post... Freddy indeed does get to Jason. The entire reason that Jason kills is for revenge of his mother's death. He obviously loved his mother dearly, that's why he'd result to death of other's to avenge her's. Freddy, on the other hand, is a shapeshifter. In the movie, Freddy turns into Pamela (Jason's mother) and tells him to kill on Elm Street. Just for clarification purposes: Freddy lives in the Dream world; Jason lives in the Real world. But Freddy can be taken OUT of the Dream world through physical contact upon the victim waking up. Once Jason kills on Elm Street, this creates nightmares for the children of Elm Street-- which gives Freddy an opening. Once Jason discovers that it was actually Freddy, and not his mother... he obviously gets upset. Since people are having nightmares again, Freddy can be taken out into the Real world (where Jason is). Once he's taken out, he can come into real physical contact with Jason. Resulting into a battle to the death.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 08:30 AM
esd82285 is currently offline Click here to Send esd82285 a Private Message Find more posts by esd82285 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

effects shouldnt be used to tell the story just aid it, which is the exact opposite of most all movies today. even when the special effects look real theres not a person in the world who can tell there fake, instead of using better effects in a slasher flick why not use better acting, i mean i know thats apart of the appeal for those movies but still. And the last two hellraiser movies were made within 4 years of each other the last one was just released about half a year ago and it was straigh to video, but if they get clive barker back on the horror wagon theyll get a movie budget bigger than j-lo's ass which would hopefully be used well, i dont think the first two pinhead need CGI the puppetry and special effect makeup was just fine

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 12:32 PM
jinXed by JaNx

i diddnt think freddy had any powers ounce he was taken out of the dream world

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 12:37 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

He doesn't..........

So Freddy portrays Pamela Voorhies to trick Jason much like he portrayed Nancy's Dad in NOES 3 to trick Nancy..............who plays Pamela Voorhies? Is Betsy Palmer still alive? If so she has to be like 75 years old............

my speculation:

There will be a winner.........most likely Jason.......only because any moron in a hockey mask can play Jason so they can keep making movies whereas only Robert Englund can play Freddy and he's already stated that unless this movie did huge numbers and they offered him an assload of money to do another, he's done with the character for good.

I think it will end up with Jason winning......ofcourse Freddy can't be killed he can only be beaten............this leaves the option open for another NOES movie (for god's sake just one more without Jason please) to be made with Robert Englund before he hangs up the hat and glove for good.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2003 06:26 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

quote:
Originally posted by TedO
And yeah, that party scene was awesome. Mainly just for the one shot where the fire is going and he's wavin his arms around... a pure Freddy pose.

Yeah and when he said "You are all my children" that kicked A$$
Party scene made the movie!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 12:09 AM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VenomVA

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
At the beginning of part 6.........Tommy Jarvis is at Jason's grave......and it is struck by lightning. The lightning brings Jason back to life. He is now a zombie

Little correction there Evil Dead....Tommy sticks a long metal pole into Jason's body and the lightning strikes that and that brings Jason back to life. Other than that what you said is all on point my man smile

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 12:36 AM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

is that when it is raing and u see jason get out of this grave and it is all muddy and shit cause u dont think i have ever seen that jason before. but i can tell u one thing i hope they do make another freddy movie in the near future if ever

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 01:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx

yeah that was jason six with the psychic chik that was the only jason i liked, all freddys aside from new nightmare are good

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 06:55 AM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Actually is Friday the 13th part 7 :The New Blood that features "that psychic chick"...........It is one of my favorites also

Friday the 13th - Pamela Voorhies kills to avenge her son's death

Friday the 13th 2 - Jason is now the killer (wearing a burlap sack on his head to hide his face)

Friday the 13th 3 - Jason gets his hockey mask!

Friday the 13th : The Final Chapter - Tommy Jarvis hacks Jason to bits at the end

Friday the 13th part V: A New Beginning - Jason is not in this movie........copycat killer

Friday the 13th part VI: Jason Lives - Jason is resurrected by accident...Tommy Jarvis is tries in vain to warn the sherrif

Friday the 13 part VII: The New Blood - The "psychic chick".......

Friday the 13th part VIII: Jason Takes Manhatten - School trip to NY, Jason hitches a ride

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday - Jason dies.....his spirit leaps from person to person as he attempts to reclaim a female Voorhies body.

Jason X - Jason is found frozen in the future........goes on killing spree aboard space ship.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 12:29 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vision-of-Death

What doe Wes & Sean think ??

Has ANYBODY stopped to ask : What exactly does Wes Craven & Sean S. Cunningham think about this FvJ thing ?

Now we get Ronny Yu to re-do two of the best horror caracters created in the history of cinematography ! Remember : He was the fella that messed up Child's Play with "The Bride of Chuky" !

Anyone else want to comment on this ?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 12:41 PM
Vision-of-Death is currently offline Click here to Send Vision-of-Death a Private Message Find more posts by Vision-of-Death Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i dot think they care what wes thinks but they had to have gotten some kind of conscent from wes i mean he holds rights to it, any way i think wes would do anything for some more money have you seen his last couple movies? there awful, besides even if they dont have to have any kind of permission from them i dont think movie studios care much, i htink wes tried ending the freddy series with a new nightmare so it wouldnt go on

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 01:39 PM
DeNiro

i didnt like the new nightmare at all either i mean they made freddy look to fake they didnt give him that orignal burnt kinda wet look. they showed like perfect veins in his head snd shit like that not to mention the kid that played in that movie was gett annoying but it was alright to sit and watch if their is nuttin else on but deffintly not one of my favorties

Old Post Aug 14th, 2003 04:36 PM