KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Freddy Vs. Jason

Freddy Vs. Jason
Started by: Senor_Pessoba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Warning ..This is a repost for fizzle since I guess the last page is the only page to him..

This was my first post in this thread so look and read before you post..........

I disagree with most of the comments contained within this forum. Although most of you might think Freddy is lame I believe he is the king of horror. Not only is he scary, but he's funny in a morbid kind of way. Unlike Jason and Micheal he actually talks, which I believe makes the movie more interesting.

Another thing that makes him cooler is that when you have nightmares of Freddy its even scarier because thats how he kills you, that is, he kills you in your dreams.

Jason is so lame. Someone can run from him for about 20 minutes straight while he slowly pursues them. Yet, 3 miles down the road he has managed to bypass them completely and get ahead, totally ridiculous, what does he have a motorized hidden in the woods or something? The only thing that makes Jason at least semi-decent is that he has the horror look down, he is a fierce killer and he has a nice machettee.

As for Micheal Myers, he is he saddest "horror king" I have ever seen. He reminds me of Jason taken down a few notches with a less interesting storyline, not to mention he wears a lame mask. His movies, in my opinion, are more suspense then horror.

As far as Freddy Vs. Jason, I think the movie is going to be great. I have been waiting forever for it. Hopefully it will far surpass Nightmare On Elm Street 1,3, and 4, which I believe to be the greatest of the NOES. I have even viewed the trailer and some of the interviews with Robert Englund. With all this information I can not believe there are still those out there with doubt in their minds. Disheartening is what it is.

For all those with negative thought I recommend you view the movie when it is released before you make such outrageous comments. Oh finally, in rebuttal to the comment about how over time the effect of the classics fade, I think any TRUE horror buff would be loyal to the classics no matter how many years its been.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 10:44 PM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fizzle
Jason4ever

I didnt say ALL.... i said SOME... why dont you read it right before you reply

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 11:01 PM
fizzle is currently offline Click here to Send fizzle a Private Message Find more posts by fizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fizzle
Jason4ever

no expression oops... sorry kruegerkid... i didnt mean to sound bitchy there....

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 11:05 PM
fizzle is currently offline Click here to Send fizzle a Private Message Find more posts by fizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

well micheal myers was a few years before jason. so basically jason is a rip off of micheal. i think as far as horror villians go, it is in this order

1. leatherface (no surprise there)
2. Zombies
3. jason
4. freddy
5. chucky
6. micheal

and i agree with krueger kid, if you are a fan then good movies dont age. they just stay great.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 12:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

I like you list backfire it just seems to be missing Pinhead, but its hard to place him in there. I would put him in before chucky myself. My darkhorse would be that guy from Phantasm when I was young he freaked me out.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 07:51 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

ah yes, the tall man. pinhead... he's kinda a mixed bag, i dont recall in the other hellraiser movies, but he's not a villian in the first one, he's more like a demon that brings justice to evil people... tahts why i didnt list him.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 09:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Cool ..it's my list!!....

My list is as follows...

1.Freddy(I'm sure you all saw that coming)wink
2.Jason
3.Zombies
4.Trolls-From the movie "Troll"
5.The toys from the movie "Demonic Toys"
6.Old Man from Poltergiest
7.Pinhead
8.Leatherface
9.Chucky
10.Cryptkeeper from "Tales From The Crypt," when I was younger I used to get freaked out when he did that evil laugh and popped out of his coffin.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Last edited by kruegerKid on Jul 4th, 2003 at 07:43 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 07:40 PM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

Cryptkeeper ALWAYS freaked me out... even to this day.

Hi, I'm TedO by the way :P

ANYWAYS... I'm looking forward to this movie simply because these are my two favourite movie characters of all time. I'm a horror movie fan, but obviously not as much as the two big battlers on here (The Kid and the Forum Master).

Here's my question... how will they play it out? Will it be Freddy trying to kill Jason all the itme, but Jason just keeps coming back? Because that is how I see the movie playing out. What do you all think?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 07:59 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

cryptkeeper was so loveable. and as far as jason vs freddy, the story is that freddy takes over jasons mind with some kinda magic, and controls him and what not. jason realizes whats going on and get mad and wants to kill freddy, and freddy wants to kill jason for not following orders.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 08:30 PM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

You don't mean control him, as in the very crappy Nightmare 2 type of control, do you? Because that was just the worlds biggest disapointment. I would rather sit through Jason X then watch NOE2.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 08:35 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire349
ah yes, the tall man. pinhead... he's kinda a mixed bag, i dont recall in the other hellraiser movies, but he's not a villian in the first one, he's more like a demon that brings justice to evil people... tahts why i didnt list him.

Yeah good point I guess hes not your typical horror bad gyuy and yeah Tall man he's freaky.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 09:33 PM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Warning ..To Tedo...

quote:
Originally posted by TedO
You don't mean control him, as in the very crappy Nightmare 2 type of control, do you? Because that was just the worlds biggest disapointment. I would rather sit through Jason X then watch NOE2.

Welcome....I hear you on that NOES 2, it was a big disappointment, but not as bad as NOES 5, well than again it is kind of hard to surpass the first NOES. I'm not sure if I would go as far as watching Jason X again though, that movie was horrible, it was more comical than anything.

I'd like to comment on your question although it wasn't directed at me. This is the latest from New Line Cinema's website....

"It has been almost 10 years since one of the scariest horror characters of all time, Freddy Krueger, invaded the dreams of a generation to exact his deadly form of revenge and murder. Now, Freddy has entered into the dreams of another master of evil – the unstoppable Jason Voorhees -- plunging cinema’s two greatest titans of terror into a battle to end all battles."

So I believe Backfire has the basis of the story down, I don't know for sure about the whole control thing though, however you never know because NLC's low down of the movie is kind of vague. I think the original script was pretty cool. For all of you who are curious what it was about it said that something happened on Elm St. so the people there got moved to Crystal Lake. Obviously Freddy followed them there and this caused a big thing because that was Jason's territory, so the battle began. I kind of liked this story but I'm sure whatever they changed it to will be great too, come on now, how could it not be, it's Freddy vs Jason.
rolling on floor laughing

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 11:28 PM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

Well, if Jason is being controlled, it would be VERY cool if they did a mind search like they did in Freddy's Dead for him... going through his past, only Freddy would be the one going through, and he'd interact with Jasons memories, altering them so he would kill who he wanted him to. Too bad the age old art of 3-D is out, because that would be cool to see it again... or am I alone on this one?

Either way, if Freddy is controlling Jason, then I really hope it's done better than NOE2.

And yeah, Double K, it is hard to top the first one... but that's because it caught so many people off gaurd, like the first Matrix movie. Then it was mostly repition with different ways of killing. But that's what I love about Freddy, he's inovative instead of the usual hack/slash ways most killers are.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 12:03 AM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Laugh ..To Tedo..

Well said my friend, he has an original feel to him thats why I love him. Not only is he a demented killer but he is witty about it, constanty making smart remarks and trying to scare his victims. Oh and it's not really that the first one caught us off guard, I just think they rushed the sequel. I say this because NOES 3 and 4 were great, matter of fact NOES 4 brought in the most money in the theaters.
huh

It's hard to believe his character was thought up by Wes when he read a newspaper article talking about how people that had been having nightmares, died mysteriously in there sleep. Just think, had that not been published, or had Wes not read that, we might not have never been introduced to Freddy.
blink

Also you're not alone on the 3-D that would be cool especially in the theaters. There's only one bad thing about it though, when it comes out on DVD and you lose or just plain 'ol don't have the 3-D glasses the picture would suck. People who have the movie Freddy's Dead without the glasses know what I mean.
yes

Anyways until my next post..... shifty

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Last edited by kruegerKid on Jul 5th, 2003 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 12:56 AM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

That's the wonderful magic of DVD, KK. I bought the NOE box set, which comes with it's own 3-D glasses... BUT Freddys Dead has two settings... one to watch WITH 3-D and one to watch without 3-D, so if you lose the glasses then you don't have to watch a crappy picture.

Hooray for technology.

And yeah, they did rush the second one out, but one of the main things I hated about it is that they had Freddy kill people who weren't asleep. He used a sleeping person to kill people who were awake. It ruined everything. Now, when I think of the series, 99% of the time I omit that movie.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 01:00 AM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Smile ..To Tedo...

I hear you Tedo, Along with 2 I also omit NOES 5-Dream Child, I hated that one even more. Almost the same concept, Freddy could kill people when she was awake if her baby was sleeping. Also don't worry, I know the box set comes with the glasses because I bought it when it first came out, the joys of working at Walmart in the electronics department. Just never checked to see if I could turn the 3-D stuff off because I never had too.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 01:06 AM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

I didn't think 5 was as bad as 2, simply because it was more of a continuing story part of the NOE, where if you look at the series, they all flow together in a way, with the exception of 2. Yes, 5 is my second least liked of the series, but like I said, it flowed with things... even though the whole killing while people are awake thing just sucked.

I wish I could have got the box set when it came out... Walmart here didn't carry it.. almost nobody did. I had to drive half an hour into the next town, only to find out they were sold out so I had to drive another 45 min across the town to another store and get it there. But, in the long run, it was worth it. And yeah, I think the option is when you simply play the movie, or just change the angle, to turn 3D on and off.

Last edited by TedO on Jul 5th, 2003 at 01:13 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 01:10 AM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Warning ..To Tedo..

I never said I liked 2 more, the only good thing about 2 was that the body count was the highest, remember the party when "Freddy" attacked all the kids? That was alright. The thing that sucked, besides the whole awake killing thing, was that they never explained how Freddy got in the kid. However despite all this, just so you know, I thought 2 flowed.

See the boy moved in her house right after Nancy moved out which was after her mom got killed. The only reason she wasn't in this one was because she stopped dreaming after she started taking those experimental pills, which you later find out in NOES 3. I get disappointed because people can't see it as a continuation just because none of the characters from the previous NOES were in it, which all the other NOES' do.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 01:25 AM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

I know what you mean when you say it "flowed"... but the way I mean is you could have put parts 3/4/5 into one long movie and it would have still made lots of sense. I don't know how quite to say it, but 2 just always seemed out of place.

He got in to the kid just because he was weak is as far as I was able to figure it out. I guess after killing all the other kids he got more powerful and was able to enter peoples bodies who were in that house... that's why nobody else would live there. That's how I had taken it. Or something along that lines.

And yeah, that party scene was awesome. Mainly just for the one shot where the fire is going and he's wavin his arms around... a pure Freddy pose.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 01:29 AM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

I totally get what you're saying, that's how I feel. The way you said it though was like you thought it didnt fit at all.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 01:43 AM