KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Freddy Vs. Jason

Freddy Vs. Jason
Started by: Senor_Pessoba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

Well sorry, didn't mean to. They all fit in, just 2 stands out more. Like it tried to be a different kind of movie from number one, staying away from the sleeping death.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 01:45 AM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
proberts14

Horror Mixups

Now, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but have you seen the last Jason movies. They are in the words of Bill Walton "Hooooorrrible" more comical than scary. The Freddy Krueger character is better in may ways. One, the fact he doesn't exist in the "real world" makes him almost unkillable. Why not chop Jason's head off? You would think after 10 movies (7 were terrible) some genius would've figured it out. Another reason he is better than Jason is the same actor (Robert Englund) knows his character and always delivers a scarier and more unique look than the last time we see him. What you have in "Freddy vs Jason" is a dying horror series (Friday the 13th) and one that still has great potential (A Nightmare on Elm St). I am looking forward to the movie. The outcome will be though not Jason winning, not Freddy winning, but both end up losing or both end up living. This happens in every other "" vs "" movies. Take Frankenstein vs Dracula, Dracula disembles Frankenstein then dies due to sunlight. Don't be dissappointed if they both are alive or dead.

P.S. As for Chucky being considered a horror character, give me a break my stuffed big bird is more freaky than him.
(remember the classics Dracula is scary not the black and white versions and werewolves are sure to draw a shriek)

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 04:23 AM
proberts14 is currently offline Click here to Send proberts14 a Private Message Find more posts by proberts14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Godshinto
GodLike ******

I just wonder who's going to win wether it be Freddy or Jason I think Freddy has an upperhand, but you know movies all villians always have the upperhand Jason might have tricks up his sleve that'll help him kill Freddy. I personaly don't cheer for the good guys anymore I just hope that the Bad Guy finds some way to make a second movie unless the first movie sucked. Oh and by the way I hae already seen the Freddy vs. Jason movie it wasn't to bad. I can tell you what happened but that would ruin the movie.

Last edited by Godshinto on Jul 5th, 2003 at 07:49 AM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 07:47 AM
Godshinto is currently offline Click here to Send Godshinto a Private Message Find more posts by Godshinto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

as i said before, i dont think either will win. it will end up being a draw. most likely they will both be killed by the humans. Because if one wins over the other then then fanboys of the loser will be up in arms and bitching about how horrible the movie was because the villian they love lost, and they wont be able to accept that. oh and by the way, as far as the latest friday the 13th movies sucking go, jason takes manhatton is my favorite of them all. the others are pretty boring. also jason X was one of the most entertaining of them all because it made fun of all the little quirks of the series (lets smoke pot and have pre-marital sex) and my favorite part, when jason seems to be awakening to the young teenage couple having sex, since sex in the friday the 13th movies always causes nothing but trouble. and how can you have seen it already?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 10:18 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

He hasn't seen it already, that's just a load of carp. Although I've managed to reserve a place in the pre-screening at hte local theater (my friend works there and they are alloweed to bring one person in with them when they test the movie... I saw LOTR - TT this way, too big grin)

And they couldn't chop Jasons head off, that would ruin the franchise stick out tongue

As far as the winner.... I was reading that if this movie does well, they plan on making it into a series, so neither is going to win, they're going to stay alive. They more than likely will be imprisoned together by the humans and left to battle for eternity. Or captured seperatley.

What I would like to see happen (if my above statement is true) is Freddy trapped in Jasons mind, who in turn is trapped one place or another.

I personally think the first Friday The 13th movie was the best. I saw it when I was about 6, and when [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Jason jumped out the lake at the end of the movie I screamed SO loud that my parents thought I had hurt myself. I didn't sleep much that night.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 01:13 PM
TedO is currently offline Click here to Send TedO a Private Message Find more posts by TedO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i thought the first couple of friday the 13th movies were pretty boring. as i said, my fav is jason takes manhatton.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 08:25 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thenightmare

you're all being unfair. You *claim* to like either/both franchise but how can u. I have always loved Freddy since i was 7, and i'm now getting into Jason after seeing the amazing Friday the 13th (#1). I've seen the trailer and to be honest i think all u ppl who are saying it'll fail and that it doesn't work to have the two characters in 1 film are wrong. I agree that if it isn't done rite it could be crap, but if it's done well..TRUE horror fans will see it again and again because the plot has the potential to be so interesting, sure, they'd need plenty of gore and some nudity but gore doesn't make a horror.. I've been waiting for the moment this collaboration happened and i think if u gonna come into this forum saying its no good then don't come, coz u're no true fan! mad

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 08:51 PM
thenightmare is currently offline Click here to Send thenightmare a Private Message Find more posts by thenightmare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

im looking forward too it, thats for sure, but from what ive seen, i dont think it will be all that great. i hope i am wrong though, cuz i have been waiting for this movie since it was announced like 10 years ago.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 08:57 PM
thenightmare

Yeh, although many ppl are sceptical, you have to agree it has soo much potential to be a dream to ppl like me who feed off of Freddy

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 09:03 PM
thenightmare is currently offline Click here to Send thenightmare a Private Message Find more posts by thenightmare Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i think it will be entertaining.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 09:05 PM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

It has the potential to be a great movie, but it needs to be done just so. A good storyline would pull it out nicely, and a good witer for Freddy's one-liners. The one-lners themself could be amajor factor... do they keep Freddy in the wise cracking character he always has been.

And I hear they are trying to make Jason a phantom-of-the-opera sympathetic character.... something about the eyes of the actor they chose. It was on Yahoo movies... could be crap, but just thought I'd pass it on.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 09:29 PM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Angry ..Grrr...

Um yea.. I think thenightmare and proberts14, need to read E.V.E.R.Y post in this thread before they come in here ranting and raving. Everything you're saying has already been said, if you agree, then say you agree, don't sit here and keep repeating the same stuff to me. Trust me I was the first one to come in here and truly defend both this movie and Freddy. If you doubt me refer to the old posts and you will see the long continued debate between Backfire and I.
yes

The point of a forum is to discuss your feelings on the topic, if someone has already said what you said then why post it again, you're just wasting space. Make your post interesting and unique, add something to the previous ones, perhaps a detail or a point that someone neglected to mention. I don't know, I just get frustrated when people only read the last page of a thread and think they know what's going on.
mad

Anyways until my next post...... wink

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Last edited by kruegerKid on Jul 5th, 2003 at 09:43 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 09:40 PM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

going back to the original post here............"who's movies have been bombing for the past 10 years"

Not one Nightmare on Elm Street or one Friday the 13th movie have ever bombed.......as a matter of fact, all have made a healthy profit.......all 10 Friday the 13th movies and all 7 Nightmare movies had small budgets by Hollywood standards.........they are horror movies, nobody ever had the expectation of any of them making hundreds of millions of dollars at the box office..........these movies are made for fans, not mass audiences........hence the small budgets......

If a movie costs $12 million to make.........and only makes a pitiful little $20 million at the box office...............that is $8 million profit my friend.......and most movies if not all of each series made more than $8 million profit, that's why the kept making them wink

A bomb would be like that travesty of a movie called "Hulk" that's out right now........they spent $150 million + to make the movie.....and another $20-$30 million on advertising..............they are still in the whole by millions of dollars, they didn't even break even!.........that is the definition of a bomb...........

They need to do a movie with Ash v/s Freddy and Jason........tearing them to pieces with his chainsaw.........now that would be a blockbuster.

by the way........there have only been 1 movie released in the past 10 years from either series, that was Jason X........Wes Craven's New Nightmare was released ten years ago in '93....but it was the early part of '93 if memory serves as it was already out on video by August....

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 06:40 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

At least we have another person with some commonsence in here Tedo...lol welcome Evil, always good to have a NOES supporter in this thread espeially when they do the smart thing and read all the posts before posting themselves. Much appreciated.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 07:19 PM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Actually........i didn't read any of the posts before posting.......this was the first thread I came into and I only read the first post in it in which the originator clearly didn't know what they were talking about...........I'm just a big horror buff......the original NOES film is my favorite of all time.......followed closely by the Original Evil Dead.........I like discussing horror with other people knowledgable on the subject.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 07:23 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Well then thats a little dissapointing, Tedo is quite knowledgable when it comes to this subject, you should read all the posts in this thread then maybe you would know what was going on. Both Tedo and I are supporters of this movie then again you wouldnt knoiw that because you read all of two posts out of like 20....apparently you know little about how a forum works.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 07:35 PM
TedO
Nightmare All His Own

Wow, this guy is making sense. That's been rare around here for the past while stick out tongue. Welcome to the horror relm, Dead.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 07:36 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

"No real history behind the mask. In Friday the 13th Part II he just wore a paper bag over his head. In Part III he is wearing the hockey mask. I may be wrong, but I don't think you even see him finding it, he is just suddenly wearing it.

I guess Jason has a low self image. He doesn't want to offend anyone with his disfigurement the few moments before he kills them. "

------------posted by Sacrifice

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remember correctly........didn't Jason wear a pillow case/bulap bag with one eye hole cut out in Friday 2? Had it tied around his neck with a piece of rope to hold it on..........

Jason picked up his Hockey Mask in part III...........he got it when he killed the fat guy with the curly hair (can't recall his name, I do remember it was a girl's name though)......it was the mask he was wearing when he jumped out to scare one of the girls with a harpoon gun..........god what was his name......as soon as I'm done posting this it will hit me.........

There is no explanation given however on why his Mask changes from film to film......theoretically it should always be the same mask (except for part 5 when Jason isn't the killer.....he isn't even in the movie)....they did use masks for the movies that look similar, but not exactly the same.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 07:40 PM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

your right it was a burlap sack. Oh and I'm glad to see you actually took the time to read some older posts now.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 07:43 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

yeah....I was just reading through looking for inaccuracies............nothing bothers me more than people talking about stuff they don't know about............that guy "Sacrifice" should have just said, "I don't know" instead of passing along false information to people......

just read your other post after my last one.........I know how forums work........I've been posting on forums (mostly ezboard) since '99 as Evil Dead...........I've been posting in the Matrix forums for the past month or so..........they're all pretty much the same really.........as long as you know your stuff on the subject before you post, it's not necissary to read all the posts.......if you stick around you will eventually get to know the people and be able to discern between them........who knows their stuff and who is full of shit...........like we've just been doing.....look forward to more of it in the future.

If Tedo is the one who originated this thread.........no disrespect.....you may have knowledge on the subject, maybe more than me.......but the original post is inaccurate as I pointed out earlier........not one of the 17 movies of either series has bombed...........that's all I was saying.....I like to correct false information, 'tis a peeve of mine. Nice to meet you guys and I look forward to many good horror movie conversations in the future with both of you.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 07:54 PM