KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » The Hobbit

The Hobbit
Started by: Senor_Pessoba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor_Pessoba
Lulu's Man

The Hobbit

If Peter Jackson desides to make a live action film based on The Hobbit would you want to see Ian Holm as Bilbo again, or would you want to see somebody younger do it...if so who do you think would be a good Bilbo?

I would like to see Ian Holm play Bilbo still...he doesnt look that bad in the beginning on Fellowship..and he is a great actor, but depending on how long it would take to do this he might get too old...and of course there is no way they would get somebody to replace Ian McKellen..he is Gandalf!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2003 09:16 PM
Senor_Pessoba is currently offline Click here to Send Senor_Pessoba a Private Message Find more posts by Senor_Pessoba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I thought I had read or heard somewhere that PJ was not going to do the Hobbit I could be wrong though.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 08:44 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

i heard that he isnt even going to think about it till Kong is done. McKellen is trying to get him to do a TV minisiries of the hobbit, that would be kind of cool.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 02:41 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Actually Peter Jackson stated specifically in an interview that he has not once said that he isn't going to do the Hobbit. He said it would be cool if someone else did it so he could just watch smile But he then said that it wouldnt be the same if I didn't do it, it wouldn't feel right.

He then goes on to say that: He has no plans as of right now, but as soon as someone comes forward he will give it his highest consideration.

If Sir McKellen convinces him to do the series it would be sooooo cool. A Year Long series...now that would be a series to beat 24.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 04:20 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor_Pessoba
Lulu's Man

yeah..thats would be nice

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 08:48 PM
Senor_Pessoba is currently offline Click here to Send Senor_Pessoba a Private Message Find more posts by Senor_Pessoba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
me,myself and I

Yeh, I read somewhere that maybe a hobbit movie is going to be made, after TTT is released. That would be cool.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 08:32 AM
me,myself and I is currently offline Click here to Send me,myself and I a Private Message Find more posts by me,myself and I Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilySatine
KMCs Hobbitess

I think a mini series would be more exciting then a movie. Because then there's something to look forward too every time it's on! smile

The Poking Goddess Has Returned..again..*hiss*

Living in the shadow of someone else's dream.
Trying to find a hand to hold but every touch felt cold to me.
Living in a nightmare..a never-ending sleep.
But now that I am wide awake..my chains are finally free.
Don't feel sorry for me.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 01:48 PM
LilySatine is currently offline Click here to Send LilySatine a Private Message Find more posts by LilySatine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor_Pessoba
Lulu's Man

Exactly!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 08:57 PM
undomiel
evenstar

I think either one would be cool smile

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 09:19 PM
undomiel is currently offline Click here to Send undomiel a Private Message Find more posts by undomiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote