KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » World Cup 2022

World Cup 2022
Started by: walshy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by walshy
I expected these spoilers to be much worse
Nah, that would be the worst thing about Wales, which is Newport and needs no spoilers. Pillgwenlly is up their if you want a serious kicking on a Saturday night.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 05:10 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhHq4m_Bi5g

This is wrong, but I did laugh still.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 05:20 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Arg losing to KSA was a WTF.

Ochoa's save of the penalty kick was good.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 05:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Arg losing to KSA was a WTF.

Ochoa's save of the penalty kick was good.
Yes, it was amusing laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 05:59 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

That second goal being taken away, sure. That third one though, seemed very sketchy.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 06:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

That second goal being taken away, sure. That third one though, seemed very sketchy.
I have to be careful what I say on all this laughing out loud I may go back to KSA on my retirement... We will see!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 06:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I get it, you're also English and it was against Argentina smile

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 08:02 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
[B]KSA defeated Argentina (2 - 1).

Man, did not see this coming.

That game was f#ckin' bonkers.

The Saudi guy who (probably) got concussed at the end of the game. Ouch. He got ROCKED.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 09:25 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

F**king France got scored on early and then came back to rape the poor Aussies

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 09:46 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, they're good. Create so many opportunities.

I'd rather not see them win the Cup again, but they sure earned the win with that game.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2022 11:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I get it, you're also English and it was against Argentina smile
That was 40 years ago Rob, means nothing to me at all. In a way I actually see Argentina's point, but the people who live there are a British colony, so we are in the right to protect them.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 01:27 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I was goofing, I didn't think you held a grudge

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 04:47 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Second half of Ger vs Jpn was very good, lots of action and very little f**kery.

Didn't see Japan's win coming either, though Germany gave up that second goal, the defense just said f**k it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 04:49 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Second half of Ger vs Jpn was very good, lots of action and very little f**kery.

Didn't see Japan's win coming either, though Germany gave up that second goal, the defense just said f**k it.

Another crazy game. Yeah, the 2nd half was extremely entertaining.

The way to capitalize against Japan would be on setpieces, because of the height advantage... but the Japs are super fast, which helped them score.

Both goalkeepers earned their pay, though. Really fun watch.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 10:47 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Who is your prediction to win the whole thing? France looked really good but I think Brazil could win it again. Been a while since a South American team won it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 10:57 PM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by walshy
Who is your prediction to win the whole thing? France looked really good but I think Brazil could win it again. Been a while since a South American team won it.

Yeah, France looked impressive. If they keep playing like that I think they'll probably win again.

Brazil is ranked #1, but lately they've not played great as a team. Great individual players, but it depends on how they gel. Looking forward to watching them tomorrow. My wife is Brazilian, so it's a special occasion.

I'm hoping that with all the unexpected wins already that the US can continue the trend...

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2022 11:07 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Another crazy game. Yeah, the 2nd half was extremely entertaining.

The way to capitalize against Japan would be on setpieces, because of the height advantage... but the Japs are super fast, which helped them score.

Both goalkeepers earned their pay, though. Really fun watch.

Especially the Japan goalie, four in 20 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUnWjiHxVkg&ab

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 06:14 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

URU and KOR tie vexed me, really wanted a Uruguay win.

Ghana got hyper aggressive last 20-25 mins, desperation was heavy. How the ref missed the Ghana player shoving the Portugal goalie to the ground is beyond me.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 06:16 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

That 2nd Brasil goal was the sickest I've ever seen in a World Cup.

That'll be on some highlight reels.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2022 11:23 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

That was a sick goal, contender for goal of the tournament already.

Wales v Iran tomorrow as well as England v USA

Hoping for 2-0 Wales win and I guess an England win against US just so Wales has better chance of getting through groups rather than having to rely on getting points out of the last match

Old Post Nov 25th, 2022 12:56 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote