KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » World Cup 2022

World Cup 2022
Started by: walshy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaden_3.0

YOO

ESS

AYY

YOO

ESS

AYY

YOO

ESS

AYY

YOO

ESS

AYY

Old Post Nov 25th, 2022 06:17 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ thumb up

quote: (post)
Originally posted by walshy
That was a sick goal, contender for goal of the tournament already.

Wales v Iran tomorrow as well as England v USA

Hoping for 2-0 Wales win and I guess an England win against US just so Wales has better chance of getting through groups rather than having to rely on getting points out of the last match

Sorry, welshy!

Goddamn, the US vs England game was INTENSE!

Pretty pround of the US team. They kicked ass and held their own against England!

(please log in to view the image)

It was a bit frustrating getting like 10 corners in a row and not being able to get a damn head on any of them. Ugh..

Old Post Nov 25th, 2022 09:15 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://twitter.com/bfyyz/status/15...90SsqmjFbfmuLoA

“For Iran it’s probably their biggest win since Iron Sheikh beat Bob Backlund at WrestleMania!” 🤣

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 09:49 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

☹️

Wales now need to beat England and hope USA v Iran is a draw. Honestly we haven't played well at all, Ramsey and bale been virtually non existent. We were lucky we even got a point against US.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2022 10:22 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Argentina beat Mexico and Messi finally scored. The other Argentina goal was really nice too. Tomorrow has Germany v Spain and Germany can't afford to lose

Old Post Nov 27th, 2022 12:07 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by walshy
Argentina beat Mexico and Messi finally scored. The other Argentina goal was really nice too. Tomorrow has Germany v Spain and Germany can't afford to lose

It was largely an ugly game, at least the first half. Lots of fouls and faking.

Since my wife is Brazilian I was hoping Argentine would fall, but yeah, Messi is too good. Their goals were nice, I'll admit.

Mbappe on France put on a really nice show, too. France is looking quite formidable again..

And yeah, go Germany!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2022 12:45 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh yeah, and...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2022 12:48 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Arg played like they there were not aware this was a win or leave match for the first half. That second goal was a really nice one.

Mbape is great to watch, he's going to shoot up to super stardom as Messi and Ronaldo fade quickly with age over the next few years.

For tomorrow, I predict:

Spa > Ger

Cro > Can, thought I what my goofy northern neighbors to win

Jap > Cos

Bel > Mor

I think the US can beat Iran. Eng vs Wales, I think Eng as Wales hasn't impressed me, sorry.

"Saudi Arabian players will be handsomely rewarded for their World Cup group stage victory over Argentina, with each set to receive a Rolls Royce. -snip

Did the king take the cars away after Poland beat them?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 27th, 2022 at 12:54 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2022 12:51 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Arg played like they there were not aware this was a win or leave match for the first half. That second goal was a really nice one.

Mbape is great to watch, he's going to shoot up to super stardom as Messi and Ronaldo fade quickly with age over the next few years.

For tomorrow, I predict:

Spa > Ger

Cro > Can, thought I what my goofy northern neighbors to win

Jap > Cos

Bel > Mor

I think the US can beat Iran. Eng vs Wales, I think Eng as Wales hasn't impressed me, sorry.

"Saudi Arabian players will be handsomely rewarded for their World Cup group stage victory over Argentina, with each set to receive a Rolls Royce. -snip

Did the king take the cars away after Poland beat them?
Nah, Saudi's and Arabs in general never take back gifts.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2022 06:34 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Good to know thumb up

Thus far I was wrong, wrong and right.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2022 06:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

BRASIL wins! Happy Dance

So nervous for team USA tomorrow... confused

Old Post Nov 28th, 2022 11:45 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Yesterday had some good matches. I'm a bit gutted there's no more 10am kick offs and football on all day but today is huge, not even gonna try predict anything or say anything about Wales v England

As long as we actually put in a decent performance I'll be happy

Good luck to US

Old Post Nov 29th, 2022 10:36 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I think USA can beat Iran.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2022 05:06 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Never knew KCM had a Sports forum.

The USA won with a display of high end talent. Wales I guess decided to give up early against England.

Not sure how team USA will fair against the Netherlands.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2022 10:42 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

USA won!

Was hoping Wales would have won or tied at least, even though England was going to push through regardless. Wanted them to not leave like that.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2022 10:42 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Happy Dance Happy Dance

Hope Pulisic is okay, though. Damn. Made it a little bitter sweet.

Is it true that he went into the hospital?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2022 02:26 AM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

From the reaction I've seen to Wales going out locally, friends, the news etc, there's like two schools of thought. Some people say we should just be happy we got to the world cup being one of the smallest nations there (except Qatar), and the other disappointed that we didn't really show up or do our best, we did better in qualifying.

I feel like I'm more the latter right now but yeah it is good we got to the world cup after so long I just hope we can do it each time now, especially as they're expanding the next world cup to 48 teams. Sadly I think Bale, Ramsey and Allen are past their best maybe time for them to focus on their club careers and let the younger players come through and we can focus on building for the future. Ampadu, Neco Williams and Brennan Johnson looked really good in spells.

The manager Page got it wrong the first two games, we only had two good halves of football the 2nd half against US and first half defensively good against England but overall not good enough.

Guess I'll support US now or Brazil if they start doing better. Hopefully pulisic isn't injured.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2022 01:31 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Well Saudi Arabia and Mexico took each other out: Mexico won but they came up just short 1 goal difference of knocking Poland out.

Hopefully by the power of hype and anime that Spain and Japan somehow both advance tomorrow.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2022 09:36 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

Wow that Mexico free kick goal was amazing!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2022 11:33 PM
Jaden_3.0

Why is Messi always such a useless fcking unt at world cups? This is why he will never be the G.O.A.T

Old Post Dec 1st, 2022 12:05 AM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote