KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » World Cup 2022

World Cup 2022
Started by: walshy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wakkawakkawakka

The power of hype and anime prevailed. Spain and Japan are both advancing.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2022 09:11 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by walshy
Wow that Mexico free kick goal was amazing!

Yeah, agree. That was a killer shot.

What's crazy is that we've seen several saved penalties. The Polish goalkeeper has had at least 2. Phenomenal. He saved one against Saudi Arabia, and I remember thinking he deserved 72 virgins.. lol

Pulisic rocks...

Attachment: pulisic .jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Dec 1st, 2022 10:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
The power of hype and anime prevailed. Spain and Japan are both advancing.

Germany has fallen in the group stage for the 2nd WC in a row. sad

I still have USA and Brasil! cool

Old Post Dec 1st, 2022 10:58 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Guess I'll support US now or Brazil if they start doing better. Hopefully pulisic isn't injured.

Awesome. 😎 🇺🇸 🇧🇷

Old Post Dec 1st, 2022 11:31 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Whelp I guess that's all for the USA and Australia. Though Australia did a lot better than I though given their opponent.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2022 11:52 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Motherfu#ker. I can't believe our defense was that bad.

The first 2 goals were the exact same play and we fell for it. And the 3rd one bothered me the most just leaving that guy wide open.

Stupid zone defense, I guess.

I also suspect that Sargent being out threw us off big time.

Go Brasil!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2022 03:09 AM
wertheimer
Restricted

Account Restricted

at this point, I think it is safe to assume that the final will be between france and brazil.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2022 10:28 PM
wertheimer is currently offline Click here to Send wertheimer a Private Message Find more posts by wertheimer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

The power of hype and anime came up just short for Japan. Though the fact that it came down to penalty kicks for Croatia shows just how much fight Japan put up against them

Then there's Brazil's utter dominance of South Korea.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2022 10:53 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Brazil looked sick AF against South Korea.

Although, I will say that the foul that won the penalty kick was total BS. But still, a 4-1 defeat is a slaughterhouse.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2022 12:57 AM
wakkawakkawakka

I guess the power of anime went to Morocco's defense and Bono.

Though speaking of a slaughterhouse...did someone from Switzerland do something to make Portugal mad?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2022 11:44 PM
walshy
Veteran. Wrestler. Hero

I was working during the Portugal v Switzerland match and my mate said Ronaldo wasn't starting, I thought he was joking but no. Sad in one way seeing the inevitable end of a career of one of the best, but good for Portugal looks like the future is bright still with the new guy getting a hat trick.

I have two days off work now but there's no football on for the first time in idk how long, typical.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2022 12:34 AM
walshy is currently offline Click here to Send walshy a Private Message Find more posts by walshy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Bounou is an amazing keeper.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 7th, 2022 11:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Harry Kane is amazing... come at me!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2022 09:08 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

USA beating Iran was historic.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Well Saudi Arabia and Mexico took each other out: Mexico won but they came up just short 1 goal difference of knocking Poland out.

Hopefully by the power of hype and anime that Spain and Japan somehow both advance tomorrow.

I am of the view that Saudi Arabia was placed in a very tough group. It might have advanced to next stage in another group.

Well, better luck next time.

Japan did well in group stage.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 8th, 2022 at 01:43 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2022 01:29 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I expected these spoilers to be much worse yeah huge upset. Argentina were favourites to win the whole thing, now who knows if they'll even get past group stage

Argentina has advanced to next stage:

(please log in to view the image)

Let's see.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2022 01:54 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Should be here
Originally posted by Robtard
Brazil knocked out, damn.

Croatia is proving to be a total beast again.

I kinda hope it ends up CRO vs MOR. The returning second place vs the underdog of underdogs

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 05:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Goddamn, I actually said to a friend, we do not want to get into a penalty shootout with that goalkeeper. He was great during the game. And the Brasil keeper hadn't been tested enough to stay sharp.

So frustrating. 😔

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 06:15 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I dunno... Go England now?

🤷‍♂️

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 06:16 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Whelp I guess Croatia's decided to beast out again. Livakovic' continues to impress.

Wonder if England can keep the pace.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 06:51 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Motherf#cker... this WC has fallen apart.

Damn Netherlands had to fall after knocking the USA out.

That was a bonkers game, though.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2022 10:17 PM