KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Ahsoka (2023)

Ahsoka (2023)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Psychotron
The point of the new trilogy was to erase Luke and replace him with a woman. Rey is the one who defeated Sidious. Rey is the one who will rebuild the Jedi Order.

Which is why im only interested in Pre-ST era stuff.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2023 04:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Luke is a straight white male. He's obviously a coward incompetent who needs to move out of the for a woman to do it right.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2023 06:18 PM
Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So apparently Lars Mikkelsen will be playing Thrawn in this.

He's the guy who voiced Thrawn in Rebels(which, imo, was absolutely perfect), and he's also a solid actor... So that's a bit of good news. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 10th, 2023 at 12:23 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2023 12:19 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

That is definitely good news. Lars is perfect for that role.

I just wonder what role Thrawn is actually going to play?

Old Post Apr 10th, 2023 02:26 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Galan007
So apparently Lars Mikkelsen will be playing Thrawn in this.

He's the guy who voiced Thrawn in Rebels(which, imo, was absolutely perfect), and he's also a solid actor... So that's a bit of good news. thumb up

Mikkelsen is an excellent casting choice there. Well, anywhere, really. The guy is so well rounded as an actor.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 10th, 2023 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Eli Vanto
That is definitely good news. Lars is perfect for that role.

I just wonder what role Thrawn is actually going to play?
I'm hoping Filoni actually uses some of the supplementary plot-points that were established in Zahn's canon Thrawn trilogy.

What I want is: after the culmination of Rebels, Thrawn/Ezra were transported into the Unknown Regions, where Thrawn told Ezra about the Grysk species and the threat they pose to the entire galaxy. Ezra then formed a loose alliance with Thrawn, and they've been trying to hold off the Grysk all this time. Thrawn has now come back to the post-RotJ galaxy(taking advantage of the political chaos during this era) in search of new allies and resources to help further combat the Grysk threat... So he's not strictly a "villain", per se, and is not trying to reform the Empire or w/e. Once Ahsoka(and co.) realize this, they'll also [loosely] ally themselves with Thrawn, and aid he and Ezra in this cause. The Grysk are a BIG deal in Zahn's works.

...But what I'll likely get is: whatever the f*ck Filoni decides to do, regardless of previously established canon/supplementary material. I'm trying to stay optimistic, though. /shrug

Originally posted by Robtard
Mikkelsen is an excellent casting choice there. Well, anywhere, really. The guy is so well rounded as an actor.
Lars is gold in pretty much every project he's attached to. So him being part of this series at least gives me some semblance of hope that it won't be complete dogshit.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2023 06:27 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ It will take serious balls for them Not to make Thrawn the big bad in this.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2023 08:18 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Wondering if he'll end up being the misunderstood anti-hero at first and then maybe the villain at the end.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2023 03:52 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I like Rebels. And thought Thrawn was a fitting and cool advesary for them. So dont mind at all.

Although not sure how Rebels it will feel with Ahsoka around able to beat anyone.

I thought Rebels was good. But Kanan was pretty much the only character worth a damn in the show. Replacing the OT heroes with them and Ahsoka is a huge downgrade. It's also continue the trend of Luke being less and less important...

I'm hoping Filoni actually uses some of the supplementary plot-points that were established in Zahn's canon Thrawn trilogy.

Don't kid yourself. No chance of this happening. Filoni doesn't give a rat's ass about continuity.

IMO Thrawn has always been best as a villain. Never been a fan of Zahn retroactively trying to whitewash him.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2023 04:16 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
Wondering if he'll end up being the misunderstood anti-hero at first and then maybe the villain at the end.

Would make more sense the other way around.

Originally posted by ares834
I thought Rebels was good. But Kanan was pretty much the only character worth a damn in the show. Replacing the OT heroes with them and Ahsoka is a huge downgrade.

Yeah wont be the same without Kanan.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 11th, 2023 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Apr 11th, 2023 06:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Cool, thanks thumb up

Never read the EU, just read up on some of it.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2023 07:41 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

True, but the fact that Thrawn is completely absent from the Shadow Council(as of the recent ep. of Mando) also suggests that he isn't out there trying to rebuild the Empire and rule the galaxy... Or at least that he has different motives than the true Imperial loyalists we saw in the episode.

But yeah, who knows? /shrug

Originally posted by ares834
Don't kid yourself. No chance of this happening. Filoni doesn't give a rat's ass about continuity.
Wish I could say you're wrong. sad

Old Post Apr 14th, 2023 12:45 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Zahn created Thrawn. So I'd like to think that Filoni would give Zahn the same type of respect he gives to Lucas and actually follow the groundwork that has been laid out.

But I doubt he will, which is sad.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2023 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Originally posted by playa1258
Luke is a straight white male. He's obviously a coward incompetent who needs to move out of the for a woman to do it right.
Sequel trilogy is not canon to me, it's just a bad fanfiction. Tbh I hope sooner or later they're gonna retcon the movies

Old Post Apr 15th, 2023 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Trailer #2:

Old Post Jul 12th, 2023 11:15 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Ahsoka: "If we don't stop Thrawn everything will have been for nothing"

And yet 20 years later we're still back to square 1. The sequels really ruined everything

Old Post Jul 12th, 2023 07:12 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

Why does finding Thrawn equal the key to ultimate power?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2023 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He probably holds the final key to the 'puzzle' they are clearly searching for.

I've seen some rumors that they're trying to locate a gateway to TWBW, but we'll have to wait and see.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2023 08:33 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Sequel trilogy is not canon to me, it's just a bad fanfiction. Tbh I hope sooner or later they're gonna retcon the movies

First they need to officially cancel Rian Johnson's untitled new trilogy.

Otherwise, far more damage will be done.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2023 10:24 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Trailer #2:

Still looks pretty good.

But previews can be deceiving, I was hyped for Boba Fett and aside from a few good parts, that ended up taking a massive smelly dump on my chest.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2023 04:17 PM