KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Superman

Superman
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Superman

quote:
We have a very good gaming business with 11 different studios [...] It may be in the next couple of years that.. people spend more time [...] hanging out in the Superman world and universe.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/9135...boss/index.html

If the time for a Superman redemption arc in the gaming world is finally coming soon, I might actually have to put my money where my mouth is.

Old Post May 5th, 2023 06:05 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They need to work out how to make Superman fun, Since he's so OP.

Old Post May 6th, 2023 05:03 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

People always use a past game like Superman 64 (jokingly or not) as to why a game for him wouldn't work, but 64 was mostly WB's fault as to why it sucked, in how they mismanaged over the studio that did it, but this project seems to be handled carefully. I mean 11 studios?

I remember an awesome looking cancelled game by Factor 5 where you saw Superman fighting Doomsday through destructible buildings. The Superman Returns game had alright flight mechanics though, even if it was mid overall.

People like to forget Batman's game history pre-Arkham wasn't much better. Superman has a great rogue gallery to pull from also to his credit.

As for him being "OP" or "overpowered", while he's usually as strong as he needs to be for the story, for a modern game just have an upgrade system or something. I think you could get away with a moral choice system for a game of his too. Superman isn't Superman simply because of his powers, he's Superman because of his character, which also makes him harder to write for than others admittedly.

The problem for the longest time was just people not giving the idea of a modern game for him much thought, until recently perhaps.

Old Post May 6th, 2023 12:39 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I guess they could use the old trope for the game where he loses his ability from the powers of a red sun, That would be where the upgrade system comes in

Old Post May 7th, 2023 03:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote