KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Roger Waters Nazi Costume

Roger Waters Nazi Costume
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Roger Waters Nazi Costume

Roger Waters, at it again with the Nazi stuff. I am sure he is trolling on this issue or being ironic, or engaged in satire, drive by humour etc. He has done this sort of thing sooooooo many times before.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ndroidApp_Other

Old Post May 27th, 2023 05:50 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Displaying symbols of Nazi rule, including the swastika or SS insignia, is illegal in Germany, with exemptions for educational purposes and in artistic contexts.

seems like the authorities in germany are just being dumbcunts. is it deliberate? I'm suspicious of whoever finds reason to take offense to a fictitious disparagement of fascism.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 27th, 2023 04:52 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Displaying symbols of Nazi rule, including the swastika or SS insignia, is illegal in Germany, with exemptions for educational purposes and in artistic contexts.

seems like the authorities in germany are just being dumbcunts. is it deliberate? I'm suspicious of whoever finds reason to take offense to a fictitious disparagement of fascism.
Problem with Waters much as I loved his music, as he has been doing this for years. My school of thought is it has always been ironic shock humour and Starship Troopers style satire. The wall certainly wasn't fascist.

Old Post May 27th, 2023 04:56 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: Roger Waters Nazi Costume

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Roger Waters, at it again with the Nazi stuff. I am sure he is trolling on this issue or being ironic, or engaged in satire, drive by humour etc. He has done this sort of thing sooooooo many times before.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...ndroidApp_Other

Yeah, it's an old act. Doubtful anyone who knows his acts suddenly took offense, what probably happened is either someone stumbled onto him, or someone decided to forward his act to anti-hate groups because they thought it would be funny..

After 30 years or however long, I doubt he'll get shut down now. Dave Chappelle set the precedent, same basic sphere.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 29th, 2023 12:20 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Always loved me some Pink Floyd.

Old Post May 29th, 2023 01:30 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

there's nothing shocking about him cosplaying "pink" from a film he wrote 40 years ago as part of his show. was he supposed to censor his show for the germany nights of his tour? unless there's some important detail that i missed, i disagree that the intention was shock/troll.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on May 29th, 2023 at 02:16 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2023 02:13 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

there's nothing shocking about him cosplaying "pink" from a film he wrote 40 years ago as part of his show. was he supposed to censor his show for the germany nights of his tour? unless there's some important detail that i missed, i disagree that the intention was shock/troll.
by trolling, I mean using that kind of imagery against fascism. That sort of thing always confuses some people like Starship Troopers. It was a poorly constructed post from me, no doubt.

Old Post May 29th, 2023 02:40 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

ah, i get what you mean. side note: wondering if germany banned mel brooks

Old Post May 29th, 2023 03:28 PM
cdtm

by trolling, I mean using that kind of imagery against fascism. That sort of thing always confuses some people like Starship Troopers. It was a poorly constructed post from me, no doubt.

How do you mean about Starship Troopers? Am planning on reading the book after I get through The Culture.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 29th, 2023 03:53 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
How do you mean about Starship Troopers? Am planning on reading the book after I get through The Culture.
I loved the Hitler Rap. Spike Millighan is another who did some great Hitler humour. I think we laugh at our Monsters take them less scary tbh.

Old Post May 29th, 2023 03:56 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Problem with Waters much as I loved his music, as he has been doing this for years. My school of thought is it has always been ironic shock humour and Starship Troopers style satire. The wall certainly wasn't fascist.

Which is fine as it's both entertainment and he's obviously not promoting Nazism in a positive light.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 29th, 2023 11:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 4th, 2023 08:14 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

obviously a political hit job with no bearing in reality. Roger waters and Ukrainians have something in common now. They’re being attacked by fascists while being labeled fascists, for the offense of being anti-fascist. sickening

Old Post Jul 4th, 2023 01:17 PM
cdtm

Who's the fascists Bash.

quote:
Washington: The U.S. State Department on Tuesday weighed in on a controversy over a performance by Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters, denouncing the show in Berlin as "deeply offensive to Jewish people" and accusing Waters of having a record of using antisemitic tropes

Can't really lay this as the feet of Fox News or Republicans while absolving the left, they don't run the State Department.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2023 01:37 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

ignore list? oh that’s right, I have one. Thx

Old Post Jul 4th, 2023 02:04 PM
cdtm

And apparently the article itself is on Bash's ignore list. Had he read it he wouldn't be trying to blame the "facists" when Biden's Democrat controlled State Department denounced Waters.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2023 02:10 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

click [here]? Nah, but thanks for all the reminders

Old Post Jul 4th, 2023 02:15 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

obviously a political hit job with no bearing in reality. Roger waters and Ukrainians have something in common now. They’re being attacked by fascists while being labeled fascists, for the offense of being anti-fascist. sickening
Agree 100%

Old Post Jul 4th, 2023 02:33 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/pin...ople-us-4100158

"accusing Waters of having a record of using antisemitic tropes." -snip

I'm unaware of this. Not saying it's not true, as I've not seen every performance, but it seems very much not something Pink Floyd would do. I think more likely people are overreacting and knee-jerking.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 5th, 2023 03:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

they give no examples. may as well go after sacha baron cohen. lots and lots of antisemitic tropes in borat, if obtuseness is preferred, which is obviously preferred here

Old Post Jul 5th, 2023 11:59 PM