KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why is it always about African-American?

Why is it always about African-American?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why is it always about African-American?

Hispanic/Black relations, Asian/Black relations, Joe Biden meeting with some 50 Black Civil Rights activists and ranting about how they need to start working with Hispanics.

All the advertising now has blacks in it, but seldom do you see any other minority.

Why? Is "diversity" code for Black? Do we only care about a group we think will riot?

Or is it a money thing? A lot of Marketing publications claim African-Americans outstanding other groups by 4 to 1, they are seen as more lucrative then any other demographic because of their spending habits.

But even that answer doesn't satisfy, because the world is full of sincere people. Like you people, every single one of you reading this hates racists and supports BLM for the highest moral reasons, and you would be the first to condemn greed, insincerity, or corruption. Therefore I have to believe there is a good reason I'm missing that isn't based off opportunism, ambition, or avarice.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2023 11:06 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Re: Why is it always about African-American?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Hispanic/Black relations, Asian/Black relations, Joe Biden meeting with some 50 Black Civil Rights activists and ranting about how they need to start working with Hispanics.

All the advertising now has blacks in it, but seldom do you see any other minority.

Why? Is "diversity" code for Black? Do we only care about a group we think will riot?

Or is it a money thing? A lot of Marketing publications claim African-Americans outstanding other groups by 4 to 1, they are seen as more lucrative then any other demographic because of their spending habits.

But even that answer doesn't satisfy, because the world is full of sincere people. Like you people, every single one of you reading this hates racists and supports BLM for the highest moral reasons, and you would be the first to condemn greed, insincerity, or corruption. Therefore I have to believe there is a good reason I'm missing that isn't based off opportunism, ambition, or avarice.

Your premise is completely false, and that makes the rest of your line of questioning not make sense. All advertising now has blacks in it, but not other minorities? That's your claim? That's completely untrue.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2023 03:45 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just when you begin to think bunani is a lost cause something happens to give one hope;

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/n...-of-violence-ag

quote:
Tunisia: President’s racist speech incites a wave of violence against Black Africans

You are a shining beacon of light in a dreary world. Or is that not brightness but the featureless whitewashing?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2023 05:25 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

The reality is white European people are more privileged and black Asian native Americans deserve more privilege. So be respectful.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2023 01:43 PM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

It's all for face, I am sure they realize Biden needs more votes.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2023 06:05 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

I'm not American so I can't vote for Biden but I can't see a better candidate for US president.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2023 06:11 AM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

America is one giant prison clique fest. Everyone belongs to one gang in the yard. It's not about race although it might seem superficial on the surface, it is about survival.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2023 06:15 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rudester
America is one giant prison clique fest. Everyone belongs to one gang in the yard. It's not about race although it might seem superficial on the surface, it is about survival.

Seems that way. History was always like that though, but you also had your great philosophers who took on different cliques, and great leaders who got human rights for citizens when no one else in the court wanted it for them.

I keep wondering where our modern Socrates or Caesar Augustus.

Really, I'd just be happy seeing some sign Corporate America hasn't taken over our lives completely. You'd think Chomaky would have a larger co-hort of educated elites fighting the power, but instead it looks like the elites all knuckled under.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2023 12:45 PM