KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 60% of Polish women suffer violence from partners.

60% of Polish women suffer violence from partners.
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

60% of Polish women suffer violence from partners.

https://notesfrompoland.com/2020/08...-leaked-report/

Disturbingly, more than half the polish men in relationships probably beat up or even rape their partners...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 03:39 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

sad A study commissioned – but still not published – by the government has found that over half of Poles (57%) say they have experienced some form of domestic violence in their lives. Among women, the figure is 63%.

The researchers also report a “concerning” acceptance of violence among a significant minority of the public. This includes over 10% of men who believe there is no such thing as rape within marriage. sad

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 03:58 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

I'm a quarter Polish. I hope this isn't genetic.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 04:37 AM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FalconPaunch!
I'm a quarter Polish. I hope this isn't genetic.
laughing out loud No, you're safe. The bit suggesting 60% of kids get abused also, is worrying.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 04:47 AM
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Poland recently had an election. Maybe the new government will solve this problem?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 04:50 AM
FalconPaunch! is currently offline Click here to Send FalconPaunch! a Private Message Find more posts by FalconPaunch! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well they moved more towards the middle.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 05:36 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's worth pointing out the figure in the UK for this stuff is about 7% from all sources.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 05:38 AM
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

1% of domestic abuse is too many, imo.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 05:44 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
It's worth pointing out the figure in the UK for this stuff is about 7% from all sources.
22%

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...endingmarch2022

"The year ending March 2022 CSEW showed that an estimated 10.4 million adults aged 16 years and over had experienced domestic abuse since the age of 16 years. This equates to a prevalence rate of approximately 22 in 100 adults (Figure 4)."

And that's not sorted by gender. The stats show something like 7% of women in the UK experienced domestic violence in 2022 alone.

Hardly a comparator for a stat about what women in Poland experienced at some point in their adult lives.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 06:00 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smurph
22%

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...endingmarch2022

"The year ending March 2022 CSEW showed that an estimated 10.4 million adults aged 16 years and over had experienced domestic abuse since the age of 16 years. This equates to a prevalence rate of approximately 22 in 100 adults (Figure 4)."

And that's not sorted by gender. The stats show something like 7% of women in the UK experienced domestic violence in 2022 alone.

Hardly a comparator for a stat about what women in Poland experienced at some point in their adult lives.
Agreed you are comparing apples and oranges with that stat. It's 20% for people in a lifetime in the UK, or 1 in 5 overall, substantiantially less. Do you know Canada's out of interest? No troll, just comparative.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 07:09 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

1 in 4 women 1 in 6 men for the uk

https://lwa.org.uk/understanding-ab...r%
20year

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 07:38 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interestingly Canada is 44% of women post 15 in a lifetime... very high... did not expect that tbh

https://women-gender-equality.canad...r-violence.html

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 07:42 AM
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Works out to bout 22% that.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 07:43 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The US is less than Canada... I wonder if it's the long cold snowy nights... and in Alaska and Scotland it's as high.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 07:44 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Works out to bout 22% that.
yeah we are very low. Weird when you think how violent our culture is.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 07:47 AM
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
yeah we are very low. Weird when you think how violent our culture is.
I wouldn't say so. Most people in the UK just fight with their fists, not knives or guns or chainsaws.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 07:55 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't say so. Most people in the UK just fight with their fists, not knives or guns or chainsaws.
Scotland's knife crime was once the highest in the Western world.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 07:58 AM
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Yes... That's true... Wasn't all of Scotland.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 08:10 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes... That's true... Wasn't all of Scotland.
Nah Glasgow and Dundee. We also had a full on civil war going on in Northern Ireland.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 08:58 AM
FalconPaunch!
Show me your moves

Yeah. Blame the Irish.

...Biden's Irish! laughing

Old Post Oct 20th, 2023 10:23 AM