KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » The new Superman movie

The new Superman movie
Started by: Senor_Pessoba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor_Pessoba
Lulu's Man

The new Superman movie

According to The Hollywood Reporter, director McG (Charlie's Angels) is once again interested in directing Warner Brothers' upcoming Superman film. The director was initially attached to the production, but was replaced by Brett Ratner last fall.

Since Ratner's departure in March, however, McG is rumored to be considering a return to the project. According to the trade paper, he told an British interviewer he was "this close" to signing on and already has "three choices for the role." McG is expected to make a final decision on the project in about two weeks, the trade paper reported.

uhh..dont know about this.....Charlies Angels?? uhhh...

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 09:36 PM
Senor_Pessoba is currently offline Click here to Send Senor_Pessoba a Private Message Find more posts by Senor_Pessoba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmy986

who thinks it would be cool to do a movie that follows the doomsday part of the comic. i think it would have a lot of potential. they could do the entire story with superman killing doomsday and dying in the process.the world without a superman where all the other superheroes try and make up for the loss and help metropolis.the reign of the supermen with the people trying to say they are the real superman and then finally superman returning to life along with doomsday and finishing him off.it could stick exactly to the story in the comic.it would be awesome if they could pull it off.it could be a trilogy or something.set it up just like the trade paperbacks.superman could even kill the cyborg and send doomsday to that parallel universe that finally stopped him from regenerating on earth.what do you all think?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 02:46 AM
jimmy986 is currently offline Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

A few years ago I read a rough draft of a kevin smith script for a new superman movie. It was not considered, but it did follow the same storyline you are refering to Jimmy986. I just wish they would get there stuff together and make this movie before I'm a Senior Citizen.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 05:35 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Augeybana
Augeygeta

I think they shouldn't make this movie superman not cool at all against many other superheros.Leave it a classic I say.Christopher Reeves is the best superman.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 07:11 PM
Augeybana is currently offline Click here to Send Augeybana a Private Message Find more posts by Augeybana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

I saw the show"An evening with Kevin Smith" this show was too hilarius. Kevin Smith also mentioned that he did write a Superman Script and handed it in to Warner Brothers, he also got into a fight with Tim Burton because of his involvement with the script. In that script, Smith mentionned that Superman dies. Nicholas Cage was suppose to be the Superman. Well they let that script go. Too bad since i think Kev SMith is really good.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2003 10:35 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
usapatriot

new superman movie

I have lived and breathed superman my whole life. To be a good Superman you have to know everything about him, including how Clark Kent acts and Superman himself. Actors now just portray a character not the man. Look at Christopher Reeve, he was the best Superman, but was not as successful in his other movies. Look at Dean Cain, not a good Superman, did not Change character from Clark to Kel-El, and when he was Superman his display of using his powers was crappy. You can't use your powers like it takes effort, Superman know how to use his powers he doesn't have to exploit it. However there is a problem of me being Superman. Not physical, I am 6'3" 185lbs, muscular, athletic, Dark hair, but dark eyes; however, we now have contacts. The problem is that I am unknown. I act in school and that is it. And I am only 17yrs. old.
Now for the new movie I think it should be about superman dealing with a threat that even he couldn't handle. Then he startes to form the Jusice league. Then there could be a sequel about him leading the justice league.

Last edited by usapatriot on Jun 28th, 2003 at 04:48 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 04:40 PM
usapatriot is currently offline Click here to Send usapatriot a Private Message Find more posts by usapatriot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

it's about time they made a superman movie w/ modern technology lol

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2003 05:09 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasferre

Smile the new superman movie

quote:
Originally posted by jimmy986
who thinks it would be cool to do a movie that follows the doomsday part of the comic. i think it would have a lot of potential. they could do the entire story with superman killing doomsday and dying in the process.the world without a superman where all the other superheroes try and make up for the loss and help metropolis.the reign of the supermen with the people trying to say they are the real superman and then finally superman returning to life along with doomsday and finishing him off.it could stick exactly to the story in the comic.it would be awesome if they could pull it off.it could be a trilogy or something.set it up just like the trade paperbacks.superman could even kill the cyborg and send doomsday to that parallel universe that finally stopped him from regenerating on earth.what do you all think?

i think it would be great if they would make the movie with doomsday i think doomsday would be computer aninamated

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 07:19 PM
jasferre is currently offline Click here to Send jasferre a Private Message Find more posts by jasferre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasferre

i wonder when it will be finished i can't wait to see the movie it's going to be great!!!!!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 07:21 PM
jasferre is currently offline Click here to Send jasferre a Private Message Find more posts by jasferre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggyzaz

Have they even started filming yet?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 06:31 PM
Ziggyzaz is currently offline Click here to Send Ziggyzaz a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggyzaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anubis The God

This Anubis.

The Doomsday thing is an awesome idea but it should be a trilogy. First one could be the build up with Luthor. Second with Brainiac just building up to Doomsdays release (Imagine the cliffhanger ending). Third obviously the battle.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 09:55 PM
Anubis The God is currently offline Click here to Send Anubis The God a Private Message Find more posts by Anubis The God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

another SUPERMAN MOVIE? the fourth one was not a hit so i am not sure if the fifth one will click, its beena long time and i dont think n e 1 now likes the superman thing, IT IS 2 CHILDISH! only for very specific ages, no one will be interested. they shouldn't make it. i was a huge superman fan when i was 6, i used 2 wear his costume all the time. IMAGINE. NO SUPERMAN PLEASE, UNLESS IT HAS THE POTENTIAL OF BEING A HIT MOVIE

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 03:04 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I would LOVE a superman movie following the Doomsday line!! I love seeing SuperBoy and the others bickering over who was Superman. And then Kal-el shows up and is all, "Wrong. I'm Superman!"

hehehe, that would be soo cool!!!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 11:30 PM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nV myMovieskill

OK, I gotten absolutely final word on the star and director. Really. I swear. There's no way they're changing this. Brendan Fraser as Supe and M. Night Shyamalan as the director. That should tie you over for the next five minutes. Oh and i know there will be those who deagree with my decision but check all of my post on this forum i will never ever be wrong. Listen here in New York my life is Movies... So when you hear info from me you can take it to the bank. I also stated on this forum in the batman section who WILL BE the next batman.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 03:54 PM
nV myMovieskill is currently offline Click here to Send nV myMovieskill a Private Message Find more posts by nV myMovieskill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Brendan Fraser? Youve gotta be kidding me.
Its 'The Mummy' with a cape. I sure hope he could pull it off, if its true.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 05:26 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowSorciere

Oh dear god. I don't think Frasier could pull off being Superman, but that's just my opinion erm

http://www.fanfiction.net/~demonicgambit

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 09:40 PM
ShadowSorciere is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowSorciere a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowSorciere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regex_1

I think the Doomsday storyline would make an very good plot to make a couple of movies.

[Ezekiel 25:17 among others]
Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:05 AM
regex_1 is currently offline Click here to Send regex_1 a Private Message Find more posts by regex_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KahunaPhotog

Well...

Frasier is a better pick than Cage...Kevin Smith should be the Director because he would do it justice...And the Doomsday story would have to pull a "LOTR" for it to be shot well.

The Kahuna Has Spoken

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 12:11 AM
KahunaPhotog is currently offline Click here to Send KahunaPhotog a Private Message Find more posts by KahunaPhotog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

I think Fraser looks like too much of a dumbass and doesnt have the acting chops for it. I think Josh Hartnett with longer hair would look very much like supes does in the comics, but he needs to beef up alot. Kal-el is BIG - 6'3''-225lbs!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 07:48 AM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyond Image
RE SOCK the UNITY

JUDE LAW. I STAND BY MY WORDS. JUDE LAW.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 07:25 AM
Beyond Image is currently offline Click here to Send Beyond Image a Private Message Find more posts by Beyond Image Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote