KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » GASP! First movie bullet-time error?????

GASP! First movie bullet-time error?????
Started by: DarkMage31

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkMage31
Post Master

GASP! First movie bullet-time error?????

I am not sure if you would qualify this as a mistake or not, but I just realized something interesting about the bullet-time scene in the first movie when Neo leans all the way back to dodge the Agent's bullets.

Do we agree that it takes far less than a second for the Agent's bullet to reach Neo? The Agent only fired about seven bullets in that scene, meaning it might have taken, what, a half a second for all the bullets to cross over Neo? That sounds right. So, if this is true, all Neo essentially did is fall on his back after waving his arms around after a fashion. All the W. Bros did was beef his fall up by making it all slo-mo and cool. Do you agree? We can all do that! Fall on our backs the instant seven consecutive bullets are fired at us, dodging all of them! After, Trinity comes up all amazed asking how he fell on his back, moving like an Agent! Do you at all agree?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 11:17 PM
DarkMage31 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkMage31 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkMage31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkMage31
Post Master

Ooooooo! There is another error! Before this scene when the camera swoops around Neo, there are guns and other stuff scattered on the ground. When it goes into slo-mo, you can't see any of that stuff anymore because the environment is done by computers! See what you think! Also, I found out how they did that on the Matrix site, www.thematrix.com

See what you think!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 11:20 PM
DarkMage31 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkMage31 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkMage31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

yeh in that scene trinity disapeares to! lol and then appears. and points the gun to the side of the guys head yet the bullet is seen in the cops forhead! lol
this movie as alot of mistakes man!smile

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 11:42 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkMage31
Post Master

What do you say about the bullet time thing? Do you agree that it is just a fall-on-back thing glorified into a bullet-dodge extraveganza?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2003 11:54 PM
nopy

i dont care if it has errors in it , it still looked and looks excellent.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 12:05 AM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkMage31
Post Master

Agree.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 12:11 AM
princess leia
trinity ;)

i think that it wasnt a mistake. cos we saw that the agent moved in the few seconds in a number of different directions, so maybe we only saw one o f the ways that neo moved.

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 01:14 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bonesxte

i thought that it was well orchestrated...and no normal person can fall on their back before a bullet hits them, let alone see the bullets flying by...life is full of mistakes...it's no fun to dwell on them, only to learn from them and move on.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 04:49 AM
bonesxte is currently offline Click here to Send bonesxte a Private Message Find more posts by bonesxte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

luv ur avatar smile

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 08:51 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

a normal persons are falling on their back too. but after the bullet hit them:-(

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 10:23 AM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

i love that scene.

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 10:27 AM
Excalibur

im too. but the best is trinity:
"DODGE TIHS" Bamm!!!!!
great isnt it?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 10:40 AM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

ya. he does move is arms a bit to dodge them. hey it was is 1st time. i think it looks cool.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 02:56 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Well Neo Dodged the first bullet, Then he fell down.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 03:32 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Oh I thought you were going to say, Bullet time was in in Blade 1.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 03:56 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

Yeah its true. The first time i saw bullet time was in Blade 1 when Decon Frost Dodged the bullets

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 04:10 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

that means you saw blade1 before the matrix! what a crime! stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 04:18 PM
Metroplex

no actually blade came out before matrix right? I remeber renting it when Matrix first came out in theaters.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 04:57 PM
Kes
Philie

No. The Matrix came out 1st. The bullet-time was created for the Matrix.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 05:08 PM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
No. The Matrix came out 1st. The bullet-time was created for the Matrix.

No wait. Blade came out 1st but bullet time was created for the Matrix.
Can't remember which seen from Blade you are talking about but its not bullet time.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2003 05:34 PM