KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Nevemind Vh1, THESE are the top 10 albums

Nevemind Vh1, THESE are the top 10 albums
Started by: IGOTMYBEAT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gundark
Mayhem

Yeah, finti, I'd pay good money to see a guy play sax and sing at the same time too. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 27th, 2001 07:36 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I can't really see him doing a solo album for a while. He has said that he doesn't want to tour on his own as he likes being in a band and playing with other musicians. I think Noel will just work with other people like he has been doing ie. Chemical Brothers,Lemonheads,Paul McCartney, Paul Weller, Stereophonics, but stay with Oasis.

I downloaded a lot of Oasis B-Sides and "lost songs" from napster and they are better than most bands albums. If you want I'll give you a list of good stuff to download.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2001 10:55 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Thanks KJ, but I have tons of their songs off Napster. I got all kinds of acustic stuff and rare songs that aren't even b-sides, but I'd like that list to see if there are any I don't have.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jan 30th, 2001 09:42 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

You probably have these:
Let's All Make Beleive
Stand By Me(acoustic)
Life In Vain
Cloudburst
My Sister Lover
Help(Acoustic)
To Be Someone (The Jam Cover)
Carnation
My Generation
I Got The Fever
Take Me Away
Sad Song
Boneheads Bank Holiday
Round Are Way (live)
Cun On Feel The Noize (Maine Road Live)
It's Better People
Fade Away (warchild version)
I'm Only Sleeping (cover with the Stereophonics)
Getting Older
It's A Crime
Angel Child
Daytripper(cover with Paul Weller)

By the way, that quote you have, when did he say that?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2001 08:29 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

OK enough oasis for now!!!!!! sad

Old Post Jan 30th, 2001 09:19 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Okay...you said you're a rocker too, finti...besides what I listed I also like some Ozzy and some AC/DC and Metallica too. I think Dokken's "Paris is Burning" is an really cool tune that never gets any airplay. How about some of your favs ? smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2001 11:26 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

First to finti, this is a Discussion forum and we can talk about whatever we like. Anyhoo, to KJ, I already have all of those, but thanks anyways. I really like the Daytripper cover with Paul Weller and the To be someone cover as well. And I am not real sure when Noel said that, I found it on the offical Oasis website.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Jan 30th, 2001 11:34 PM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well this tread was called top 10 albums, so if you just want to discuss oasis, start an oasis tread!!!! smile

To Gundark, my alltime favourite band is by far Deep Purple. I also like what the various Purple members did after their Purple period, for me the Purple saga ended with "Come taste the band" 1975. Out of Purple you got Rainbow, Whitesnake, Tommy Bolin, Glen Huges, Ian Gillan Band.

As for Dokken they fall into my catogory of "perm band" together with Motley Crew, Bon Jovi, Europe, Rat etc. They are more interrested in their looks than their music.

Other bands I like is Blues Traveler,Marillion, Police, Led Zeppelin, U2 (until Rattle and Hum),David Bowie(old stuff), NEIL YOUNG(almost forgott about him). There are so many bands and artist I like and just as many as I dont like.(read modern music and brit bands, at least most of them)

Old Post Jan 31st, 2001 02:27 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IGETMYBEATepII

I'm still looking for someone that's got the songs on the lost tape that were auctioned off in 98.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 04:42 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Cool picks, finti...The Police are my number one all time fav ! smile

I like your phrase "perm bands". Over here we call them "hair bands". I like Led Zep too..Rush and old Van Halen. I have U2's Rattle & Hum and War. I also have some in-between stuff like Hootie and the Blowfish, Huey Lewis and the News, Marc Cohen and Dire Straits. A little bit of everything. smile

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 07:16 AM
finti

"Loose talking, the clasroom to hurt the try and try"
My favourite police song is the first version of dont stand so close to me, and I do like the old Van Halen too. Forgott to mention Lindsey Buckingham both as a solo artist and in Fleetwood Mac.(mirage is cool album) Some Styx(Babe).
At the moment Im really in to Tommy Bolin (again) former Zephyr, James Gang, Deep Purple and Tommy Bolin Band.
Rock and roll forever

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 04:21 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

What do you think of Page/Plant 's "No Quarter" CD...(if you heard it) I thought the new version of Kashmir was excellent.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 07:47 PM
finti

I got it for christmas a couple of years ago, but i felt it was a big dissapointment. Zepplins "house of the holy" is my favourite, and Plants "Principal of moments".

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 09:00 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Plants "Fate of Nations" was good too...do you have that ?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 09:28 PM
finti

No, but my friend does its ok.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2001 10:22 PM
KJ
Sausages

IGMB - I've read reveiws for that tape but I've been searching for the songs as well.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2001 12:51 AM
finti

Well Gundark I totally forgott an album, I kind off knew that would happen. An all time high JEFF BUCKLEY and his GRACE what a brilliant album, if you don`t have it run out and buy it. It`s so cool.smile smile rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 6th, 2001 10:17 PM
JediOasis
Better Man

KJ and IGMB II, I have some of those songs on my Napster account, username holmeshall, so if you want a few check it out. There are really good, but would you expect any less?

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 6th, 2001 10:29 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Thanks finti...I'll check it out. smile

Old Post Feb 7th, 2001 09:46 PM
KJ
Sausages

Jedioasis how can I find you on napster? I've added you to my hotlist but what else do I have to do.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2001 12:57 AM