KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Nevemind Vh1, THESE are the top 10 albums

Nevemind Vh1, THESE are the top 10 albums
Started by: IGOTMYBEAT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Reemember just before Christmas they release the movie version of the soundtrack on 2 CD's. It was very different to the soundtrack edition.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2001 03:38 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yes, and it's not even the true movie edition, there are several track from the original CD on it, like Auggie's Municipal Band March. Sony conned us on that one. I like it, but it's a lie that this is ALL the music that was in the film. Because it isn't, the liars.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2001 10:23 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I never bought it. I heard so many bad reports that I decided against it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 12:58 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coreworld

Ratcat, i was sat listening to the TPM Ultimate collectors Edition for the first time and i have to say i didn't like it all that much, due to the fact that it is exactly how it sounds in the movie, so you get REALLY rough edits, where themes seemingly cut off half way through and clumsily segue in to another theme, this is due to GL's late editing of the space battle/lightsaber duel. But i have to say that after perseveering and listening to it a few times, it is now one of my favourites along with ESB.
Queeq, i was a wee bit annoyed at the fact that Sony had foisted on some of the tracks from the original album, most notably as you say Auggies Municipal and the End titles, i get a feeling that this will be enough of an excuse for them to release the Saga of Star Wars 12 disc anthology set in 2006.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 01:09 AM
Coreworld is currently offline Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well yeah, if I wanted that I could just plug my VCR into the PC and burn it staright down. Would have the dialogue to though I guess.

Well, I like the traditional idea of a soundtrack where you have 10-15 tracks as they were written rather than how they appear in ther film.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 01:48 AM
queeq
Chaos

I didn't mind it too much. I hated the cover and the lies Sony boasted with and the fact that there is still stuff missing. But I kind of enjoyed listening to it, being chronological and all. After all, I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. And you can't say all you get is crap. It's two discs, so approximately twice as much JW music as the original soundtrack release. If they ever make a REAL Anthology (I have the OT one and then they came of with the SE's, it never ends) I hope they will make JW make it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 04:34 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Actually, I hope the ASK him to make it rather than locking him in a studio with a gun at his head. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 05:29 AM
queeq
Chaos

JW didn't do this one. Actually, he hated some of the edits he had to make in the film, after GL changed the edit of the movie twice. Some of it is pretty disrupting the pace.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 02:43 PM
Ratcat

Maybe that explains why TPM score was never nominated for an Acar whilst all of the IT was.

BTW, did anyone see that JW was nominated for a record 39th time yesterday,

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 05:55 PM
queeq
Chaos

No, I only know about Hans Zimmer being nominated. What film was it for?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 08:44 PM
Ratcat

The Patriot.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 08:57 PM
queeq
Chaos

Oh right. Is it good?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 09:56 PM
finti

The film was cool the soundtrack well......I dont know im still in shock after the boring Titanic soundtrack not to mention the very very very boring film.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2001 11:51 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Will you kill me if I say I liked both the soundtrack and the movie? Not on my super top ten, but still in favourite list.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2001 02:56 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

I saw Titanic in the theather and fell asleep. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed.

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Feb 15th, 2001 03:12 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I will not kill you, but queeq titanic, leo sick

Old Post Feb 15th, 2001 03:50 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, personally I enjoyed Titanic.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2001 11:07 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

I thought Titanic was great not in the respect of the love story, but in trying to get across the horrible, tragic deaths of all those people.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2001 11:18 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

For me it was the first Titanic story that made me feel what it was like to be on board that ship and what is was sort of like to go through such a disaster. Good points scored by Cameron for me.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 03:24 AM
Ratcat

Yeah, the effects really did help you to see how terrible it must have been.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2001 04:44 AM