KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » St. Patricks Day

St. Patricks Day
Started by: Gundark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

If I was Irish I would find it patronising. That's how I feel when half of Hollywood claim to be part Scottish. Even Whoopi Goldberg says she has Scottish ancestors. Scotland is about 90% white and it was even more so decades ago so how can she have Scottich anscestors?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 10:50 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well her ancestor can still be scottish, what if her great grandfather was scotish and her grand dad/mom was black?
And her name Goldberg kind off jewish, yes?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2001 11:28 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Actually Goldberg is just a stage name..her real name is Karen Johnson.. As for her ancestry..most African American people have atleast some..(and sometimes alot) of European ancestry..
Anyway..claiming European ancestry is just something Americans (along with the other colonized countries)do..The truth is that it's not every accurate..but for some reason it's needed.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2001 01:09 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

But her whole basis for saying she has Scottish anscestors is her "real" second name and the fact that she likes the country. In an interveiw she said that she visited the country and felt "a real spiritual connection" so she thinks she has links to here. I visited a strip bar a few months ago for a stag party and felt a real "spiritual connection" there. Does that mean my great grandmother was a stripper? Or even my great grandfather? No.
When she does an interveiw for German, Italian or French T.V she probably says the same thing.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2001 01:16 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

I guess its just a Hollywood thing.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2001 02:09 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote