KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Revolutions Plot???

Revolutions Plot???
Started by: chica16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chica16
chica

Smile Revolutions Plot???

I heard that in revolutions you find out that the whole "matrix" isnt really real, and that Neo is the only one in this "matrix". everone he's ever met, in the program and in zion are all seperate programs and everything he's seen only exists in a beta test program where he is the guinea pig (explains how he stops the squid at the end of reloaded). If anyone else knows about this plot, let me know, im so curious.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 11:37 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

See now...........this was the very thing I thought as I left the theatre the first time after wathing the movie...........that the real world was also a program, everybody was a program, and Neo was actually in a simulation built by the machines to find out if a matrix could actually work.............

but since reading many people's posts here I don't know.........

Some say that Smith uploaded into bane.......Neo left part of himself in the Mainframe thus taking part of the mainframe with him .......at the end of Reloaded the flash that killed the sentinals was actually the emp of the approaching ship............which ofcourse knocked Neo out as he has a part of a computer program running in his head (which also explains why Neo says "I can feel them" right before all this happens)......since Bane was the only survivor of his ship we could also reason that he had been knocked out by an emp blast because he has a computer program in his brain (Smith).....

I hope number 2 is correct as it would really be a better ending to the story...........but number one is possible aswell.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2003 11:44 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

yeah i hope its the 2nd as well i dont think what i heard would be as good a story

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 12:18 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

From the web about The Matrix revolutions

Joel Silver says: "Reloaded and Revolutions could be one film. But I htink they work best as two sittings. It's quite a lot to absorb. Revolutions is all-out war between the humans and the machines and will, by all accounts, blow your f*****g minds. We have a 14 minute, $40 million battle sequence that is the most complicated sequence ever put on film.

John Gaeta, stunt director: "Reloaded, no problem; even though it was incredibly difficult, there was a lot of buffer time built in. Revolutions, on the other hand is aggressive because it's quite grand. Revolutions is much more epic. More creature based and much more about machines and bio-mechanical places. It's an awesome catagory to work in as a lot of us are big fans of Alien. It's a completely different train to anything we've done before.

Dan Cracchiolo, Production executive: "You know Revolutions is the real thing, right? Revolutions is the pay off. Reloaded is just a tease...." And the man himself, Neo -

Keanu Reeves: "The first is about birth. The second about life. The third about death. I don't know though. Maybe it should be called The Matrix Resurrection."

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 01:24 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I must say though to be honest.........senerio number one is not only more logical, but has been more illuded to so far..........especially by the architect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neo - Why am I here?

The Architect - Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neo: There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows.

The Architect - Precisely. As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly's systemic, creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Architect - The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix, which coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Architect - It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the one. While the others experienced this in a very general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-a-vis, love.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Architect - Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic, and reason.

The architect speaks as though Neo himself is a code........the code that resulted as the anamoly of the architect's mathmatical equations............not as if Neo is simply the digital projection of Thomas Anderson....................................he mention's the function of the one.........the function just so happens to serve the machines, to enter the mainframe and rebuild Zion, which means the machines win the war and everything starts over again........................here's the kicker, the best evidence:

"It is interesting reading your reactions. Your five predecessors were by design based on a similar predication, a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the one"

He basically says that Neo's five predecessors were designed NOTE DESIGNED to have a profound attatchment to humans, which ofcourse facilitates the function of the one as his function is to enter the mainframe and he does so because he wants to save the humans he is so fond of.

All this points in the direction that Neo is indeed a program designed by the machines with a specific purpose..................and if a program exists in the "real world" that means the "real world" is also a program, nothing we've seen so far is real.

Ofcourse there is supporting evidence of this throughout both movies so far................there is also evidence to support the latter theory, but not nearly as good or nearly as much.

Also note that nobody knew that there were 5 anamolies before Neo......why would they have not known...........if "the one" was human then surely he would tell the people he freed then led to rebuild Zion that he was not the first anamoly...................he would also not pass on the prophecy once he realized that by entering the mainframe the humans would have to start all over again..............he would want the future generations and the future "one" to break the cycle as he failed to do so.

This is my working theory right now.......not definite, just something I've been kicking around:

Neo is a program designed by the Matrix for a specific function.........he is part of a larger program that includes Zion and keeping the humans at square one so they can never win the war.

The function of Zion: A place for humans to live and believe to be real.........believing the rest of the human race is enslaved, they want to stop the machines. There just so happens to be a prophecy that a man born into the Matrix will do just that, the one. This leads them to find "the one" so he can free the humans.

Ofcourse this prophecy is false.........by entering the mainframe "the one" is actually ensuring the slavery of the human race.....taking the humans back to square one so they cannot win the war, they stay enslaved.

The one is designed by the machines to want to help the humans free all mankind................he helps them and enters the mainframe.......this indeed puts the humans back at square one so they must start all over again. This happens five times. It is a perfect cycle....the humans can never free themselves, every time they get to end of the race, they are automatically thrust back to the beginning...........perfect untill Neo comes along.

Neo is different for some reason............perhaps the program was created too perfectly by the machines............this program not only has a deep affection for mankind but he also learns to love. His love is what ultimately breaks the cycle........he opts to save Trinity instead of entering the mainframe. Now the cycle is broken and anything is fair game.............the machines have no clue what is going to happen next.

Where it goes from here, I have no clue..........it could go so many different directions I'm not even going to speculate.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 01:48 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

man that's a lot of big words... lol

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 05:34 AM
Caliden

ok any1 who has played enter the matrix game and watched the fmv between niobe and the oracle(new appearance) the oracle tells her that since Neo has touched the source (his encounter with the architect) he is stuck between both the real world and the matrix which is why he was able destroy the sentinels @ the end of ReLoaded

"I am the Alpha, of your Omega" - Agent Smith- enter the matrix

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 09:58 AM
Caliden is currently offline Click here to Send Caliden a Private Message Find more posts by Caliden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moosh

Looks like Agent Smith is becoming a massive problem in Revolutions - in the trailer we can see a street full of Smith clones and Neo fighting the original (?) in the rain. The Oracle's speech makes it seem like she is still on Neo's side, even though we have learnt that the prophecy was a lie. This could mean that Agent Smith has infected everyone connected to the Matrix and is trying to crash it, but Neo can stop him (the Oracle says "you are all that stands in his way") hence the duel in the rain. Perhaps if Neo defeats the original, all the clones will all revert back to normal people.

So basically: Agent Smith has completely taken over and the machines are on Neo's side to help defeat Smith.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 02:02 PM
Moosh is currently offline Click here to Send Moosh a Private Message Find more posts by Moosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

At first i thought that the real world was just another shell of the matrix but after reading stuff here i've changed my mind. Also, it is the sort of thing the wakatoski bros would do. Make you believe one thing and then do the complete opossite. Anyway there should be one hell of a fight going on between Neo and Smith. That should make the movie worth seeing on its own.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 03:22 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

We all know Neo is going to kill everything and somehow, the story will show that they will end up in the real world and somehow, everyone will live.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 04:51 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GWilloB

I've heard that this is correct in some ways...Has anyone touched on the Alice in Wonderland references?...I have heard many technical explanations for what everyone perceives (or wants?) to be the ending on this site---but----If what I've heard is correct it has everything to do w/ the Alice & Wonderland references & would quite graciously tie into the one of the stories from the Animatrix...Also you'd have to think that the bros/W wouldn't be so stupid to completely tell you what it was all about?...But rather to leave you thinking & contemplating after the movies are finished

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 10:33 AM
GWilloB is currently offline Click here to Send GWilloB a Private Message Find more posts by GWilloB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i'm so confused on what may happen in revolutions i've heard so many different things i don't know what to believe...

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2003 02:28 AM