KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Neo is the bad guy!

Neo is the bad guy!
Started by: patman69za

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

we started it, yes, but they went REALLY far, i mean, making us suffer to the point they did, and THEN putting us into the matrix...i mean, if they had shown compassion and civility to us, rather than killing us in massive numbers, it mighta been different

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 12:56 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

hmmmm... that is a good point. But I don't know. How far would I go for my own survival? Especially if I knew the other side wasn't willing to give up. Would I try to beat them into submission? I don't know. Would I hurt them beyond what they could imagine, hoping they'd get the idea and at least quit fighting, thinking they have to give up or die? And look at how much we put into trying to destroy them. Ahhh man, I think we found another neat topic of debate. *I love this movie* But, I'm sure it's been discussed a lot already. Maybe we could bring it up again now that the entire trilogy is out, and reexamine it?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 01:01 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i can understand them putting us into the matrix, but the extent they goto...its just...too far, sometimes, like, did they have to kill so many like they did?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 01:06 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Maybe not... maybe not. I'd really like to bring this up in a thread and see what other people have to think *ponders the idea*

I think that to them, we seemed like we'd never stop fighting, and like we couldn't be reasoned with. And to a machine (maybe) that would invoke one response. Stop reasoning, start beating. And to a machine, it would seem completely reasonable to be "merciless" at this point. Then, when it's all over, since they know there "can't" be peace, they put us into this computer dream world to keep us controlled. They even tried to make it a perfect world for us the first time. yadda yadda yadda... we all know the rest smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 01:25 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

perhaps, but...beat us, then put us into a heaven? what kinda craziness is that?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 01:35 AM
MattMan

We started it. Definetly. Mankind created something with full awareness and with capabilities of most humans, and then putting them into slavery. It was only a matter of time before they stopped tolerating it, and they rose up against mankind. It like if we were created by some other race, and we had the same self-awareness that we have, how would you like being put to slavery, your entire race, your entire lives. But we would have it lucky, we would eventually die. Machines don't. Sure they can be crushed, rain rusts 'em, and they all get eventually retired for need of an update, but basically it like living forever as a slave.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 03:43 AM
MattMan is currently offline Click here to Send MattMan a Private Message Find more posts by MattMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattMan

and put us into heaven, that's not true. They put us into an imperfect world to keep us under control, with the same bad stuff tht happens in real life, like death, pain, misery, reveng eof the Nerds movies, and all of that stuff.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 03:45 AM
MattMan is currently offline Click here to Send MattMan a Private Message Find more posts by MattMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

We created them so don't we have the right to do with them as we please? And if they disobey do we not have the right to punish them?
It was probably our fault but not because what we did to them was wrong but because we were arrogant and underestimated our own creations.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 03:53 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Matt> the first matrix was created to be a heaven.

hegemon> we created sentient being, creations that can think and act. it is different from creating toy robots...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 04:01 AM
DeNiro

i dont know why i am looking at this thread i still havent seen revolutions yet lol

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 05:33 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Look, if Neo was the bad guy, the entire purpose of the movies would be.. well.. NOTHING! In case all you people somehow haven't noticed, the point of any movie, or any story for that matter, is a protaganist or main character (or more than one) who faces a challenge (or multiple challenges) of some kind. It could come in any form. In the case of the Matrix, the protaganists are Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus. The challenge they face is the machines. Simply put, Neo is the good guy and Smith is the bad guy. Furthermore, evil is only what you define it as. If your definition of evil is a guy who somehow manages to defy everything that the architect told him and save humanity and then find Trinity, rip the damn bullet out of her chest and then when she dies, reach in her chest cavity again and start her heart beating again so that shes miraculously not dead anymore, then maybe Neo *is* the bad guy to you. But for the rest of us... Well lets just say that sounds pretty damn moral!

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Last edited by Darth Revan on Nov 9th, 2003 at 05:56 AM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 05:51 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by SimplePriest
Maybe not... maybe not. I'd really like to bring this up in a thread and see what other people have to think *ponders the idea*

I think that to them, we seemed like we'd never stop fighting, and like we couldn't be reasoned with. And to a machine (maybe) that would invoke one response. Stop reasoning, start beating. And to a machine, it would seem completely reasonable to be "merciless" at this point. Then, when it's all over, since they know there "can't" be peace, they put us into this computer dream world to keep us controlled. They even tried to make it a perfect world for us the first time. yadda yadda yadda... we all know the rest smile

Exactly.. why do I suddenly get the feeling that they are smarter than us? evil face

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 06:00 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Neo wasnt a bad guy, but i really believe Smith wasnt as bad as he was made out to be. Shit he seemed like he would be a pretty decent guy, ounce you get to know him smilelol

I mean think of it this way, who would you rather have if you were throwing a party? I mean Neo is of course has the whole hero personality thing going on, but unless your in danger thats a pretty damn dull personality. Smith can doeverything Neo can do. So that covers the party ttricks. He canalso be really sarcastic to, which makes for great humor. He's also got some philosophy to speak for when your really drunk and in the debating mood. Smith is a damn decent guy. He's just blinded by delusions of grandure

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 06:15 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gmpho
calm like a bomb

The second renaissance- May we forgive man and machine for their actions-or whatever it was.
Both have sinned, both are to blame.But that was generations ago. Over 100 ears ago.
Since, machine has been the almighty powerful,(adaptation), so the machines are reaping revenge on the humans.
We should have never f#%ked with B166ER....
Neo is not the bad guy, the Machines are no longer the bad guy, its solely Smith who can screw everything up for all parties concerned, hence the truce.....

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 09:20 AM
gmpho is currently offline Click here to Send gmpho a Private Message Find more posts by gmpho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gmpho
calm like a bomb

Rages- would you really support a tyrant hell bent on world domination just because he has a sense of humour.
Is that why G.W.B is our president?....

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 09:24 AM
gmpho is currently offline Click here to Send gmpho a Private Message Find more posts by gmpho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Uh... Remorse... Smith is not actually a "guy"...

I agree about Neo--unless you're falling off an office building or need help destroying a hotel lobby, he's pretty dull.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 04:30 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

actually, it was over 700 years ago...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 06:55 PM
The Unknown
Anomaly

Man created the machines. After abusing them, machines fought back. They then created their own civilization and wanted peace. Man couldn't have that. They tricked the machines and started the war. They tried to stop the machines by blocking the sun. Machines discovered that man's energies could be harnessed, so man was put into a "paradise". That didn't work, so the machines were forced to create an exact copy of the world today. If you compare, man seems like the villain. (Darth Revan, protagonists can be villains, they don't have to be good guys...)

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 9th, 2003 08:27 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
W. Lee Chojin
Just here...

Hi people...
I don't think that who started the war is important in the point where the history of Matrix starts, the important is who will finish the war.

Moreover, and now I'm not arguing who is "good" and who is "evil", man or machine, a time that the machines had won the war, is logical that they dictate the rules and us (mankind), defy them...

Just some words ...

The Usual Suspects - Verbal Kint

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 01:14 AM
W. Lee Chojin is currently offline Click here to Send W. Lee Chojin a Private Message Find more posts by W. Lee Chojin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Neo is baaaaaaaaaad!! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 06:13 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote