KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Order of the Phoenix - OFFICIAL THREAD - ~*~SPOILERS~*~

Did you like Harry being constantly angry in Book 5?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, of course. 24 60.00%
No, I didnt. 16 40.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Order of the Phoenix - OFFICIAL THREAD - ~*~SPOILERS~*~
Started by: Catch 22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (55): « First ... « 51 52 [53] 54 55 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tassie

You could be right-- there could actually be a reason for JK not stating exactly what House Sirius was in..

And if we didn't have proof of James being in Gryff, you'd think he & Lily was in Slytherin.. "It's a wonder he didn't try to get Lily& James on his side earlier.. probably knew they were too close to Dumbledore.." .. or something like that embarrasment bad memory..

But i'll still look for evidence.. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 07:41 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Hm... At thew moment I'm re-reading the GoF soon I will be able to speak more on this, but I think the maradeurs were all in Gryffindor , cause " they were together all the time", how else could have they escaped during the night, turn to anigmatus to make company to Lupin if they were in foru diferent common rooms, they would have been spotted and thrown in Azkaban or even worst expelled

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:11 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

lol, thrown in azkaban for sneaking out of dorms?
You forget the marauders map, maybe they each had one. i mean, they NEED that map to make sure they can get lupin to the shack, they wouldnt have only one

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:31 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lady_Eowyn3
ACTING IS LIFE

JK said in an interview all 4 marauders were in Gryffindor

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:40 PM
Lady_Eowyn3 is currently offline Click here to Send Lady_Eowyn3 a Private Message Find more posts by Lady_Eowyn3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

I don't think they had 4 maps, they had only one and I guess they all sneaked under Jame's invisibility cloak !

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:45 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Well thats stupid. what if it was taken- it WAS taken, they must have used something....

Im Back happy

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 08:49 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lianslo
chasing the music

I think they were all in Gryffindor...just makes more sense. And there was definately only one map.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 12:05 AM
Lianslo is currently offline Click here to Send Lianslo a Private Message Find more posts by Lianslo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Listen u smart prat (sauron), suppose they had more maps? Where would the maps be? Do u think that some one in possession of such thing would just leave it, then if someone else had a map they would have spoted Wormtail, since PS. Remmber how Lupin suspected the official version of sirius being a death eater? When harry told him who he saw on the MAP!

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 12:58 AM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

So there is only ONE MAP!

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 12:59 AM
Auror Chk

when i think about how bad this book was to me....then i think how this book was BRILLIANT!! ahehe big grin i get really bored when i read books but when i was reading it some of the characters like Harry sort of annoyed me thats why i said 'bad' and Umbridge she p'd me off too but when it comes down to it i still couldnt put it down...so i loved this book....as well as all the HP Books....i just hope book 6 has this same feeling!!! smile

Old Post Jul 20th, 2004 02:24 AM
Auror Chk is currently offline Click here to Send Auror Chk a Private Message Find more posts by Auror Chk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Re: Order of the pheonix spoilers!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by maddog12
***SPOILER ALERT***

The book begins with Harry and his cousin Dudley being attacked by 2 dementors in their neighborhood. Harry conjures a patronous, and chases them off. After returning home, Harry receives a letter via owl saying he is immediately expelled from Hogwarts, and must face a committee at the Ministry of Magic for illegally using magic. Then, he receives several other letters, one from Dumbledore, informing him to not leave the house, he isn't expelled, and all will be sorted out. After a couple of days, several wizards (Lupin, Moody, Tonks, & others) show up and take Harry away for protection. They travel by broom to the headquarters of the "Order of the Phoenix." Essentially, they are the "Old Crowd" Dumbledore referred to in book 4. The headquarters is located in London, at Sirius Black's home. Black's home is hidden to everyone by great magic. Harry waits here for his hearing, and learns about Black's ancestry. Apparently, all the wizards in his family were dark wizards, who hated Muggles, and his cousin is the dark witch who tortured the Longbottoms into hysteria. Harry also learns that Sirius is related to the Malfoys. Most pure-blooded wizard families are related says Black. Here, Harry reunites with Hermione & Ron, who tell him the Percy has sided with Cornelius Fudge, and has dis-owned his family.

Well, Mr. Weasley takes Harry to his hearing. It's in the same room they had the trials for all the Dark Wizards Harry saw in the pensieve. Cornelius Fudge, head of the Ministry of Magic, is still denying the reports that He Who Has Not Been Named has returned, wants to discredit Harry, & dismiss him from the wizarding world. As Harry tries to defend himself, Dumbledore appears and saves the day. Harry is not expelled, and can return to Hogwarts.

Back at the Black Mansion, Harry continues to dream of a dark corridor, and his scar hurts. You find out the Order of Phoenix is the group that formed to battle Voldemort long ago, and Harry's parents, along with the Weasley's, the Longbottoms, and several others were members. Many of the wizards were killed. Not much is told about their currents plans, or what is happening, and this is very frustrating as a reader. Right before heading back to school, the new prefects are named. It's Hermione & ...... RON! Much to Harry's displeasure.

Everyone returns to school. There is a new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. She is a witch who works with Fudge at the ministry of Magic. I can't remember her name, (there are so many new characters) so I will refer to her as the Inquisitor. Well, her and Harry become enemies right away, and he spends most of the first two weeks in detention. The Inquisitor will not allow any practical learning of Defense Against the Dark Arts, they will only read Ministry approved material, and forbids anyone to say the Dark Lord has returned. Harry continues to speak up about what happened, even with McGonagal, Hermione, & Ron telling him otherwise, and Harry keeps getting in trouble. Their is also a new Care of Magical Creatures Professor, because Hagrid is mysteriously absent. Also in the first week, Gryffindor gets a new Quidditch Keeper, Ron.

Harry continues to struggle in Snape's class, the Inquisitor's class, and he continues to dream about the corridor, while his scar keeps hurting, and he hears the maniacal laugh of the dark lord in his head. As things go on, the Inquisitor is named, "The Grand Inquisitor" by the Ministry, and begins to evaluate the teaching at Hogwarts. (It seems many believe Dumbledore is trying to create an army to overthrow Fudge as the head of the Ministry.) Many rules are created by the Inquisitor, aggravating Harry & company.

One night, Harry dreams again, this time from the point of view of a snake. He see's himself sliding along the floor, and attacking someone. He is woken up by Ron, and Harry tells him his father's been attacked. They are rushed to Dumbledore's office, where he takes them via port key to Black's home. In one moment, Harry is tempted to attack even Dumbledore.

We find out that Mr. Weasley was protecting something in the corridor Harry dreams about, and was brutally attacked by a snake. He survives, and while at the Wizard Hospital, they run into Neville, who is there visiting his parents, who were driven crazy by Sirius' cousin.

Hagrid returns, he's in bad shape. He went to sway the giants to join the Order, but they wouldn't. He returns as their professor. Harry continues to have dreams, and worry he's under the control of the Dark Lord. Dumbledore has Snape begin teaching Harry how to defend himself from mind control.

Several dark wizards escape from Azkaban. So, Harry & many others form a group with Harry teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts. This is illegal under the Inquisitor's orders They get caught, and Harry is brought before Dumbledore & Fudge. Dumbledore says he ordered the students to learn these arts, and Fudge tries to arrest Dumbledore, who flattens them all & escapes. The Inquisitor becomes Headmistress, and the school becomes like a prison, with no one being able to do much of anything.

Harry has another dream that Sirius is being tortured by Voldemort, and decides to go to the Ministry where he see's it happening (this is a long involved segment, and I will let you read it, because it's very good). Harry's class decides to go with him. They go to the ministry, and it is mysteriously empty. They proceed to the corridor, where they keep going deeper and deeper into the Ministry. They make it to the place where Harry saw Sirius being tortured, and no one is there. Ron suddenly saws, "Harry, look at this." On a shelf, is a glass container labeled, "Harry & Voldemort." Puzzled, Harry takes it from the shelf, and hears someone tell him, "Give it to me Potter." He turns around, and they are surrounded by Death Eaters (Voldemort's followers). Lucious Malfoy continues to demand "the prophecy" from Harry. Harry realizes they won't hurt him because they need the container. There is a great pursuit, with many of the students doing well because of Harry's teaching. Harry is running, and get's trapped in a room with several Death Eaters, when it's looking it's worst, Sirius, Lupin, Moody, & Tonks burst in, and the Order starts dueling the Death Eaters. As Harry tries to escape the room with the container, it gets smashed, and he hears words being spoken. He see's Sirius dueling his cousin, and in a flash of light, Sirius is killed. Harry is devastated, and chases her out of the room. In the main hall, he attacks her, and they have a great duel, until Voldemort appears. He is about to kill Harry when Dumbledore arrives, and begins fighting both Voldemort & the Dark Witch. Dumbledore defeats them both. Voldemort and the dark witch escape. Harry & Dumbledore are then met by Fudge and many others, who finally realize that Voldemort has returned.

Dumbledore takes Harry to his office and tries to console him on the loss of Sirius. Harry is very angry, and won't listen to him. This is a very moving part in the book. Dumbledore tells Harry, "It is time Harry, that I told you everything." 15 years ago, Dumbledore was looking for a teacher of Divination. He was interviewing Trelawney in a pub in Hogsmeade. Trelawney went into a spell like trance and prophesized that "Voldemort will meet his equal, he will be born in the last of July by parents who have defeated him 3 fold. He will mark the chosen one as his equal, and neither can live while the other does." This is overheard, and gets back to Voldemort, that is why he tries to kill Harry, thinking Harry is the chose one, thus marking him his equal. Harry asks, "Does this mean that one of us has to kill the other?" And Dumbledore replies, "Yes." Dumbledore tells Harry that he has wanted to tell him this since he first came to Hogwarts, but thought he couldn't handle it. He tells Harry he was wrong, and will never forgive himself.

Harry returns to school, with Dumbledore back as headmaster, and everything essentially back to order. As the school year ends, he returns to Privet Drive for the summer

^^
Guys, I give you.. the JK Rowling of our forum no expression

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:47 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

Long Live JK !
welcome

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 07:29 PM
orient_celts
Dune House Atreides

I was worried because his temper was already just bubbling near the surface but I felt that with everything that happened to him, it was undestandable. It humanized Harry. Hang in there. no expression

<a href="http://moonlight-united.com">moonlight-united.com</a>

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 03:12 AM
orient_celts is currently offline Click here to Send orient_celts a Private Message Find more posts by orient_celts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

One word: NOT

Happy Dance He's here, he's queer...! Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 03:30 AM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

It showed he was human. In some books the main character deals with all these diffrent things and doesn't get as mad as he really should. But Harry is a teenager, and as a teenager, we get mad at stupid things anyway. So when you give us something we should be mad about. . . . were gonna blow up. So really Harry was just being a teen with a problem

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 03:37 AM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Londonboy7
Dance DODODUDODODO

One Word: Hormones

quote:

I'm suing you for being a London Boy. And London Boys are sexeh. [/B]

Protected by the Dynomite Cult
KMC GANG MEMBER

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 02:47 PM
Londonboy7 is currently offline Click here to Send Londonboy7 a Private Message Find more posts by Londonboy7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orlandoOYEA
Since When?

Finally the child showed a weak point. A HA- hes human smile

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Jul 29th, 2004 03:46 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

you aint kinding bout umbridge being a nasty woman shes a rit e bit.ch

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 02:54 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alethea
nevilles gurl

i find it good the harry finally blew up he had to get all that off his chest anyway...and hes a typical teenager he needs to blow off some steem sumtime....anyone being under that much pressure will crack no matter whator else they'd go crazy What the f**k? blink

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 03:13 AM
alethea is currently offline Click here to Send alethea a Private Message Find more posts by alethea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angelsflame265
la la la lalaaaa

quote:
Originally posted by Lily Evans
Thank you angel, are you conetted to ff.net? That way you could know when I update. And your grandparents names were Lily and James? How cool!!! I two kittys named Lily and James..only cause I named them that after Harrys parnets. Oh guess What? I won Harry Potter screnning passes and I get to see the movie this sunday!!! I am so happy. But for all you ppl who have to wait you only have 14 more days until June forth. And I bought a ticket for that day too! I am so Happy.

yep i'm on fanfiction smile my name on there is angelsflame265 like here smile

Offical Country Music Lover of Ravenclaw

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 05:16 AM
angelsflame265 is currently offline Click here to Send angelsflame265 a Private Message Find more posts by angelsflame265 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote