KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » See what you think

See what you think
Started by: chica16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nickjs21

but i think the most significant argument supporting this theory is that the w. bros DON'T put stuff like that (a 19 month span in the date) by accident.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:43 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Indeed!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 05:55 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

Just so you know.........Enter the Matrix follows the exact same timeline.........although released in 2003, the hacking computer in the game has the date of '99..................

The Matrix
Reloaded/Enter the Matrix
Revolutions
Phone call at end of Matrix

then ofcourse we will have spin off movies...........movies about the Matrix but not starring the current characters...........

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:02 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

one thing that kind of supports this theory is the fact that Neo says "where we go from here, is a choice i leave to you". reloaded was, for a big part, about just that: choice. thus, it makes sense that reloaded took place *before* that phonecall.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2003 09:37 PM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Ah, no. The last scene of M1 is not the last scene of the trilogy. Let’s see if we can put the timing in place.
First scene ever: Some calls and a trace-program: 1998.
Neo meets Trinity, neo goes to work, is scared of heights, interrogated by A. Smith, and freed. After he’s freed some time passes, as his body recovers. We don’t know how much, but we’re in 1999. Morpheus tells neo that he THINKS he’s in 1999.
M2 takes place in 1999. I haven’t found any exact dates, but as someone pointed out the hacking program in EtM is 1999. Obviously the Matrix MUST be reloaded before December 31st 1999 – and it’s already running late, since the Merovingian kidnapped The Keymaker.
All we know is that 6 months passed between the time Neo became the One, and the beginning of M2.
I don’t think the W brothers PLANNED three movies. They may have had ideas for three from the beginning, but we ARE watching sequels. Let’s face it. And the final scene in M1 was supposed to bring conclusion to the movie. Neo has attained the prophesied status and he’ll set mankind free from slavery.
So perhaps we just have to put said phone-call in to a timeline SOMEWHERE during the six months that have passed, and voila. No problem. I am willing to BET M3 does not end that way.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 02:41 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
Originally posted by nickjs21
well, it's a confusing film. gone are the days when we could enjoy watching bullet-filled punch-packing action movies without having to brush up on volatire and kierkgard beforehand.

And Carl Young, and Taoism, and Neitzche, and...

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 06:29 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote