KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Temptation Island

Temptation Island
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Little clogs with corks on....

Old Post Jan 17th, 2001 09:47 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Bruce and Jaan van Hoolstock!!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2001 09:58 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I saw part of the show last night...it was pretty good.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Jan 19th, 2001 04:58 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

1st one was on tonight. Haven't wayched it yet though. Videod it, too busy sleeping.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2001 06:56 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

We'll wait for the "RC Report". smile

Old Post Jan 19th, 2001 07:29 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

OK, well seeing as you asked....

Actually, for the opener I thought it was quite good. The dynamics of the 4 couples relationships and the way they viewed each others tastes was very interesting.

However, you could see that in the main they had resigned themselves to 2 weeks of no consequences, even though, in the cold light of day there undoubtable will be.

I do think that, even with this strong start, the series was already on a downward slide to shockumentary even in the last 10 minutes of an otherwise enjoyable hours TV.

I don't think that the couples are as strong as they think they are and I'll be interested to see which couple it was who cheated on the qualifying for the show. Please don't tell me, I want to be surprise.

It is an interesting concept though, separated from your partner to spend two weeks of allegedly inconsequential abandonment. Of course there will be consequences, but looking at them talking away from their partners you get the impression that they thing there wil not.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2001 05:49 PM
Ratcat

Temptation Island (My horiblwe Secret)

OK, so here's the thing, I am afraid I have to admiot that I think this show is GREAT.

These 4 couples are on such an emotional roller coatser, it's unbelieveable. I don't go much on the "dates" and stuff but the bonfire ritual and hearing them talk about how the feal for their partners is real emotive stuff.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2001 12:55 PM
queeq
Chaos

Re: Temptation Island (My horiblwe Secret)

Looks like RC will start a Temptation Island fan club. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 21st, 2001 06:50 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Re: Temptation Island (My horrible Secret)

Nah, just enjoying my morbid curiosity.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2001 08:07 PM
queeq
Chaos

That's what I said. laughing out loud

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 21st, 2001 10:05 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Hmmmm...So are you saying you wouldnt' watch it queeqer?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2001 09:52 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Come on queeq, you know you want to admit it...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2001 05:33 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Sith never come out of the closet. They like it in there with their skeletons. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2001 07:39 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well, apparently there's plenty of infidelity going on in part 3. But it's all *** for tat so I'm not sure what I'll make of that.

Makes you wonder still how commited anyone is to their partner, especially if these all went in eyes open and saying they wouldn't be unfaithful, 3 days later and their at it like rabbits....

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2001 10:16 PM
queeq
Chaos

*counting the bones of the skeleton, uses a skull as a hand puppet*

Skull: queeq is a good boy, he would neeeeeeeeever watch such trash.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 03:34 PM
Dim
Creativity

Don't believe that for one second laughing out loud

DANG IT! I missed it again!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 06:51 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Skull: No really, Master queeq is the sweetest and most innocent person I have ever met. And I have been around for a lot longer than all of you.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 06:57 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

I have been faithful to Tommy for 11 years (in April) I guess cause my ex husband was terrifically unfaithful under my nose and thats a very important issue with me. Hmmm....well now you all know...at least I have more room in my closet now. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 11:55 PM
finti

*finti comes coughing out of the closet, his girlfriend just sprayed it with mot balls*

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 12:38 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Skull: Master queeq is also the most faithful and honest and fair and sweet and intelligent and bright and and and most everything person I or my ancestors have ever seen.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 01:35 AM