KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Just how much of a Star Wars nut are you!?

Just how much of a Star Wars nut are you!?
Started by: UnknownBountyHunter

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gundark
Mayhem

Re: Nuts

Thanks for the inside info finti. Kind of hard to follow a soundtrack when you don't have the pictures inside your head.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2001 01:36 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, that's because you're not used to it I guess. I collect soundtracks and have done so for over 15 years. I listen to a lot of music I have never seen the movie. One can enjoy music WITHOUT pictures, Gundy-dear. In this case I guess it's more a musical journey through the story, inspired by the book.

So, finti, what's so bad about it. Dramatic isn't necessarily bad, is it?

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 12th, 2001 04:33 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Once again corrected by my master...Sigh...(Gundark goes and sits in corner, pouts) sad

Old Post Jan 12th, 2001 09:00 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

No dramatic isnt always bad, but let me refrase myself. Very over dramatic and.... I just mean it it is, well just as bad as Brittany Spears and that is BAD!!!!!!
OOps I did it again. Barfbag anyone?, a lot of them.
Williams work rule, Shadow in the dustbin.
But then again taste is very hard to discuss.
Just my humble opinion.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2001 03:53 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, I figured as much. That's why I was reluctant to buy it. It could be so much less than JW's work. I mean, I know a lot of soundtrack composers but I never even heard of this guy. Can't even remember his name.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 13th, 2001 04:33 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Well at least the book was pretty good. smile

Ah, nuts !!! (Just to comment on topic. Hehehe laughing out loud )

Old Post Jan 13th, 2001 07:30 AM
finti

I just read the comic, and my nephews had the nintendo game.I read someplace that The shadow of the empire was a story GL very much wanted to film.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2001 01:52 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, it definately wasn't bad. That is, I only read the comic and I played and finished the game. But it all sounds very intriguing.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 13th, 2001 07:42 PM
Coreworld

What's the score?

Queeq, the score for 'Shadows' is by Joel Macneely, he was responsible for the score to the recent 'Avengers' movie, but don't hold that against him! The score itself tries to sound like a SW score and actually succeeds in two instances, one being 'Beggar's canyon chase' and the other 'Night skies',the latter of which features the 'Imperial march' and the 'Force' theme. A bold attempt, but proof positive that the only man that can score SW is John Williams.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2001 03:57 AM
Coreworld is currently offline Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Re: What's the score?

So what would you say? Should I buy it?

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 04:36 PM
finti

What about eh.... NO!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 08:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

I know how you feel about it. I want to hear CW's opinion.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 25th, 2001 09:39 PM
finti

Cool cuz i just gave it to himevil face evil face

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 12:47 AM
Coreworld

J.W Vs. J.M.

Queeq, i noticed a few posts back that you are a fellow soundtrack collector, if that is the case then it may be a bit more up your alley than Finti's, the music tends to lean towards the style in TPM, I.E. Lot's of choral arrangement's, if you have played the game 'Shadow's of the Empire', then you will have heard at least some of it playing on these levels: Swoop bike chase, the sewers and the Skyhook battle. In my own personal opinion, it rates okay, it did not do anything to disgrace the Star Wars name.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 12:58 AM
Coreworld is currently offline Click here to Send Coreworld a Private Message Find more posts by Coreworld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Re: J.W Vs. J.M.

I'll have to play those levels again then just to check them out again. I can't really remember them.

You're a soundtrack collector as well? Who are your favourite composers aside from JW?

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 01:38 AM
Coreworld

Favourite composers

My other favourites are Jerry Goldsmith,(The film may have been dodgy but Star Trek: TMP remains an excellent score.) Basil Poledouris,(Conan the Barbarian is awesome.)Vangelis(Blade Runner) and John Barry(the Bond themes). On the outer fringes is James Horner, although a lot of his scores can be repetitive. Who are your faves Queeq?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 03:58 AM
finti

Re: Favourite composers

If im not mistaken they uses the same theme for Castaway as they used in Bravehart.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 04:07 AM
queeq
Chaos

Re: Favourite composers

Goldsmith is OK, so the Poledouris' Conan (especially the first one). I love Vangelis (Blade Runner, 1492).
Horner is not outside the fringes in my book, but he is moving into that direction. I hate him being so repetitive, he did so many great and varied scores when he became famous.

I love Danny Elfman (all of it), Hans Zimmer, Maurice Jarre (although I know little of his latest work if he is still active that is), James Newton Howard, Carter Burwell and Angelo Badalamenti.

I don't know about Castaway. Did they?

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 04:19 AM
Coreworld

I always forget one.....

Ah yes! The brilliant Danny Elfman i forgot him! The original 'Batman' score features high on my album list, i'm eagerly awaiting to see what he does with the 'Spiderman' score. Hans Zimmer is also very good, i was very impressed with 'Gladiator'.
As for 'Castaway', the 'Braveheart' Theme was used over the trailers (a common practice) maybe this is what Finti meant.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 04:43 AM
queeq
Chaos

Re: I always forget one.....

Ohh right. They do that kind of things a lot.

I liked Hans Zimmer's scores for Pacific Heights and The Rock as well, but Gladiator is excellent.
My favourite Danny Elfman is Batman Returns or Edward Scissorhands. I felt Batman Returns was a lot better than Batman, more like a huge suite. The Penguin's theme is awesome.

queeq abides

Old Post Jan 26th, 2001 02:34 PM