KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Age Group ?

How old are you?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
5-9 1 1.64%
10-15 21 34.43%
16-20 22 36.07%
21-25 10 16.39%
26-30 3 4.92%
30 + 4 6.56%
Total: 61 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harry Potter Age Group ?
Started by: Wizard Lord

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
crazy_c
Very Tired

hell i bet there are grannys readin them

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 05:34 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VanHRH
[email protected]+Ginny=Harry

ill admit....i wasnt a HP fan untill like 7 months ago!(I was 17 then but i just turned 18 in Nov) i did think they where childish......that is untill one day i was babysitting my god daughter..and i came upon book 1 in some of her books and since i didnt have anything to do that entire day..i read the whole book and i thought it was awesome so...i checked out books 2-4 from my local library.....and that when i became a Fanatic....im in lovee with the whole series now.....ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY! I think i became i a freak around November when i finally get my hands on book 5...i had a real breakdown when sirus died....my mom thought something was really wrong with me...her facial expression was priceless when she found out i was crying about a character from a book.... laughing but back to the topic....HP is far all age groups..yes....however.....books 3-5 (and 6 along with 7 when they come out) relate more towards teenagers and adults.

"When u say'Sirius', are u talking about Stubby Baordman?"(Luna)
Nobody answered her.

'I'll sleep forever.....if he only loves me in my dreams.....'

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 09:58 PM
VanHRH is currently offline Click here to Send VanHRH a Private Message Find more posts by VanHRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i became a harry potter fan when i turned 19...now i'm 21. I don't think they are only for adults and i don't think they are only for kids. I think they are for all age groups. I think that as a kid you understand some parts of the plot...but just like Disney movies, you understand more of the subtle jokes and finer points as you grow older. Each time you read the books or watch the movies you notice something new, regardless of age.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2004 10:35 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

Maybe we should make a poll on this.. smile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 07:09 AM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

Warning Harry Potter Age

If you read the books I'd like you to ask, How old are you?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 07:11 AM
daeri is currently offline Click here to Send daeri a Private Message Find more posts by daeri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

I made this poll because I read this thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t7330.html

I thought it maybe was intresting to know what age group reads Harry Potter the most.. smile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 07:14 AM
Joy2dWorld
Oriental Potentate

Here's one for you -- I'm 28 yrs old.. but dont look now -- on the official Harry Potter website, a 48yr old woman was named fan of the week!

my boss, a very successful deputy executive director of a corporation, and over 40 yrs old (43 i think), is actually the one who recommended it to me!

if you read a special news feature on the BBC website dealing exactly with this subject, you will see comments/reactions from readers of all ages - most of them very heartwarming - parents reading with their kids!

The Potter books should inspire us to be "child-LIKE" NOT "child-ish" !

so dont worry.. kids wink

"You're never too old to believe in magic."

Happy Dance Slytherin rulez! Rupert Rox My Sox! Weasley Is My King! Go R/H! Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 09:33 AM
Joy2dWorld is currently offline Click here to Send Joy2dWorld a Private Message Find more posts by Joy2dWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

im becoming 15 in 4 days...
<<so at 13.1.>>

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 02:31 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

It's maybe a weird question, but I was very tired this morning.. sorry for that..

I was just curious about the ages from people that read the Harry Potter books.. smile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 03:25 PM
daeri

Maybe you can vote on this poll.. smile it's about the ages from people that read the Harry Potter books.. smile Maybe we can look what age group reads the Harry Potter books the most

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f44/t24478.html

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 03:27 PM
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

age group? somewhere between 5 and 100, i think.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 04:22 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

oww.. I'm so stupid! it is a poll.. I didn't saw it this morning... how stupid.. embarrasment embarrasment I was really tired this morning..

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:10 PM
Joy2dWorld
Oriental Potentate

hey daeri, what are you sorry for? you actually started a very interesting thread!

there's an issue here about some adults who deny that they read the Harry Potter books bcoz they think others would laugh at them thinking that the books are children's stuff.

i'm not ashamed to be reading the books at my age - its actually a heavy, deep, profound material if you analyze it carefully - a way of looking at things thru a child's eyes - like going back to the age of innocence - but it has evolved - growing along with its audience.

it is multi-layered - and can be viewed in 2 types of perspectives - the child's & the adult's - but the books are written so well & so witty that its very important messages for children DO NOT lose their significance even when viewed thru an adult's perspective!

Happy Dance Slytherin rulez! Rupert Rox My Sox! Weasley Is My King! Go R/H! Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:29 PM
Joy2dWorld is currently offline Click here to Send Joy2dWorld a Private Message Find more posts by Joy2dWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
daeri

Well, I'm 16.. and I don't know any adults who reads the books exept my Math teacher, but she reads it because her daughter reads it..

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:47 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I don't think it matters. I read LOTR when I was in year 5 or 6 - about 10 years old. Books can be for any ages. I know several young children who had no problem with the plot. Anyway, the only complicated bit is the end.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:55 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Oh yeah, and the priests who say it is satanic - they havent read it in case they are corrupted by it. The yhave no idea whats in between the covers!

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 05:56 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
squeaky
Imaginary College Student

I'm 21 years old. I love Harry Potter, i think it's an excellent read.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 07:49 PM
squeaky is currently offline Click here to Send squeaky a Private Message Find more posts by squeaky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maikahyandowen
Entropy

excellent read......... since when is there a set age for enjoying books? age matters not, only the size of your imagination.

Attachment: darth vader2.jpg
This has been downloaded 55 time(s).

Old Post Jan 9th, 2004 10:44 PM
Maikahyandowen is currently offline Click here to Send Maikahyandowen a Private Message Find more posts by Maikahyandowen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

I agree with everyone else, i didn't read them untill i was 14 and i know more older people than younger ones that read them! THey are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 12:24 AM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanie623
forever young with you

I think most people who read the Harry Potter books now are around my age range. Because Harry Potter became popular when I was 14, and I read it then. Now I'm 17, I'm still reading it. When I was 14, my older friends (20 +) like reading the books, and they still do now. So like, as Harry Potter grows older, I think more older people starts reading the book. Get what I'm saying? (I'm confusing myself)

But yes, my point is: As Harry Potter grows older, readers grow older, and more older people reads HP =) So it's not "just for children" anymore.

Happy Dance He's here, he's queer...! Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 10th, 2004 12:40 PM
shanie623 is currently offline Click here to Send shanie623 a Private Message Find more posts by shanie623 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote