KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How Old?

How Old?
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

How Old?

How old were you all when you first got addicted to Star Wars? For me it was when I was 11.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2000 07:39 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

How old?

Believe it or not, originally I didn't like Star Wars. I was a little kid when I first saw them and it wasn't until I was about 12 or 13 that I really started to get into it.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2000 10:01 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Re: How old?

Hmmm, the first time, 4 years old...the second time around...25.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2000 10:50 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

ANH: 8
ESB+ANH rerelease: 11
ROTH: 14

queeq out

Old Post Dec 7th, 2000 08:18 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

8 years old when I saw ANH

Old Post Dec 7th, 2000 09:27 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

14 years old when I say ANH. Totally mind-bogglingly, unbelievely, incredulously, phantasmagorically, (pathetically) hooked since. smokin'

Old Post Dec 8th, 2000 02:25 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

-3 when ANH came out, I always loved the movies when I was little, but only as a casual fan. We'd watch them all the time on rainy days in elementary school. I wasn't hooked untill the new merchandise and Ep1 rumors came out in 1995 when I was 14-15.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2000 03:28 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I was 5. This sounds really sad but I used to watch Star Wars everyday!! I had a tape which my mum used to tape cartoons for me when I was at school. At the start of the tape was the action scenes from Star Wars. So everyday I'd rewind the tape to the start, watch Star Wars and then cartoons. I was hooked from then on but I can't remember the first time I saw it.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2000 03:42 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

When I was little I can't remember watching SW's outside of school. I watched Goonies, Secret of NIMH, Batman and Charlottes Web all the time.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2000 03:51 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

When I was little, and ANH came out home VCR's didn;t exist. sad

I remember being 9 and wanting to by ANH on 8mm film from the comic book.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2000 04:25 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

For me it had to be when I was in the USA the first OR second time, I am unsure. I dunno, its to hard for me, you do the math stick out tongue (Teens or 20's)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2000 05:48 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I think I was about 8 when I first saw ANH and I really loved it, so I ended up seeing the sequels. From then on I was a big fan.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2000 09:04 PM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I called the Bith musicians Dead Baby Heads when I was little...I thought they were gross.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2000 02:32 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

That's .... so morbid, Dim.

Yep, no VCR's when I saw TPM. I tried to read the English language novel when I was ten!!!! It was all I had, and it had great pictures. And then I read it again when I was 11 with a dictionary at my side. I got by in English when I was 12 without ever having had a lesson.

When SW finally came out on video I rented them taped them on a audio cassette and listen to it on my walkman. I was 14 or so. I knew the movies by heart, well the sound at least. A true SW nutter, I know.

queeq out

Old Post Dec 11th, 2000 03:28 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

to tell you the truth, I can't remember. I remember my brother had a lot of sw toys, and that I got ANH and ESB mixed up( I thought Luke saw Ben in the sand, not the snow)

Old Post Dec 11th, 2000 03:37 AM
Jedi Mercenary is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

When I was little I thought it was called the Emperor strikes back because when we watched in school we always watched the youngewr audience movies like ANH and Jedi. Empire was almost never watched so all I remembered from it was snow and the hologram emperor. Thats probably why it's my favorite film today.smile

Old Post Dec 11th, 2000 06:00 AM
UnknownBountyHunter

I liked ESB because Hoth has always been my favorite planet. *hence the snow* smile

Old Post Dec 11th, 2000 09:41 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I remember being at the theatre waiting to se ANH and I went to the loo and got lost and ended up in the theatre. I actually saw the Death Star destroyed before I saw the movie...

Old Post Dec 11th, 2000 06:33 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Bummer, RC...how did you ever recover ???

Old Post Dec 11th, 2000 08:37 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

He, I was eight and didn't even know what I'd just seen. I bounced back pretty quickly, I think it bwas around the time my mom bought the popcorn actually! laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 11th, 2000 09:37 PM