KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Freaks

Harry Potter Freaks
Started by: SmokingIrishman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SmokingIrishman
The Loathsome Pessimist

Harry Potter Freaks

I was chatting in yahoo last night, as I sometimes do, and I came apon the Harry Potter role playing rooms, as sometimes happens.

Thing is, I'm a fan of the series and all, and the series has come across to me as a rather innocent fantasy story about the coming-og-age of a young man and his adventures therein. it's a story about kids, basically.

Now, anyway, in these rooms, (I've been there many times before), I've seen some pretty sick shit. Shit that pisses me off by simply seeing it.

I mean, as said, Harry Potter is pretty innocent in my opinion, and I've seen the memorable characters bastardized beyond repair.

For example, one person was playing Draco Malfoy, and had transformed him into a homosexual wanna-be Goth with multiple body piercings who hit on harry in the hallways.

Another: Innuendos of lesbian orgies with Teachers and Students. I mean, come the **** on people.

I can see that it's their right to write up fanfics and Rp however they want (America the mufugging beautiful...), but that is a bit much, in my opinion.

Then they get all insulted when I say something about it.

For a series that has no homosexual characters, there sure are alot of prepubesent wanna-be Goths whose daddies touched them wrong who seem to love it. At least in those rooms..Freaks.

I want your opinions.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2003 04:44 AM
SmokingIrishman is currently offline Click here to Send SmokingIrishman a Private Message Find more posts by SmokingIrishman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frootlooplucy
Misunderstood Ant

i havnt read anything like that, but ive heard from others, and yeah, those stories sound... weird. do you think the ppl that write them have even READ the books? coz it sure dont sound like they have.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 09:24 AM
frootlooplucy is currently offline Click here to Send frootlooplucy a Private Message Find more posts by frootlooplucy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moosooman
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol! you get sum weird people in these chat rooms... i don't go in them much myself!

-TeamMir-

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 10:39 AM
Moosooman is currently offline Click here to Send Moosooman a Private Message Find more posts by Moosooman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brookealicious6
Brookealicious!

Lmao...I think that those chat rooms are hilarious. And whats great about them is the people playing in them can change the characters to be whatever they want. Which is fanfiction! If you don't like it, that's your opinion but leave these people (that like fan fiction)alone to their opinion!

Why is it so small?
ttyl byez!

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 11:27 PM
brookealicious6 is currently offline Click here to Send brookealicious6 a Private Message Find more posts by brookealicious6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SmokingIrishman
The Loathsome Pessimist

Well in my opinion, their opinion, is nasty.

But, you are right, there is nothing I can do aside from not read their stories/ I just hate to see good work bastardized like that. I'm sure JKR would agree with me on this.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 02:17 PM
SmokingIrishman is currently offline Click here to Send SmokingIrishman a Private Message Find more posts by SmokingIrishman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote