KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men: Evolution

X-Men: Evolution
Started by: DaActor06

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (129): « First ... « 127 128 [129]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pyron_Knight
Eater of Worlds

What Did You LIKE About X-Men Evolution?

Well a lot of people hate on Evo but for me it has some good parts. If you feel the same, what good parts do you think of?

The first that comest o mind for me was Rogue. i loved her design and character in the show.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 03:43 AM
Pyron_Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Pyron_Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Pyron_Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
megaroguefan

i love rogue in x-men evo to but i also like pyro and gambit

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 06:48 PM
megaroguefan is currently offline Click here to Send megaroguefan a Private Message Find more posts by megaroguefan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

i liked X-Men evolution as a whole. I liked the New Mutant aspect the best (something i hope gets explored by Marvel studios).

I really liked Havok and Scarlet Witch too.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2008 11:50 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What Did You LIKE About X-Men Evolution?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
What Did You LIKE About X-Men Evolution?

I liked the continuation of the school aspect of the X-story that was established in the movie. It was a part of the story that was always kind of treated like a foregone conclusion but we rarely ever saw the school at work.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 05:13 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i watched it cos it was x-men... thats about it really...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 05:07 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage52
Restricted

Account Restricted

better animation?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2008 08:37 PM
carnage52 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage52 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was a different style of animation of course, but I didn't watch it for the animation. I watched it for the story. I thought the story was pretty good-at least unti Apocolypse showed up. I could have done with about 89% less Wolverine. But I did enjoy the Logan/Captain America plot. That was a nice way of weaving the character into the larger Marvel tapestry.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 01:04 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I liked the scene where Mag's Acolytes all come out of their metal pods one at a time, with Magneto coming out last and then they walk together like gangsters.

Also the scene where Magneto flies off to fight Apocalypse.

Gambit: What do you mean you don't need us?

Magneto: This is between higher evolutionaries... and I guarantee you, only one of us will survive.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 09:11 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Actually I watched it because of Mystique.... maybe was the glimpse they gave us on her relationship with Kurt & Rogue, which was ignored in the movies erm

by Scythe

Old Post Jul 15th, 2008 08:43 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Originally posted by Raoul
i watched it cos it was x-men... thats about it really...

i would have to say the same thing.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2008 02:50 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nighty101

Well I liked how they made the X-Men teenagers. It really made them more of a role model for children. Except for Rogue. Rogue was a downright Goth Evil person. Don't believe me? In the episode Impact she shoves the Mistique (previously turned to stone) off a cliff. Poor Kurt can't save her in time and she falls to the ground and shatters. Then she leaves Kurt to sob over his mother's dead body. Nice message to send to kids there Marvel --
"Bullying is wrong, kids. But shoving people off of cliffs is A-Ok!"
lmao no seriously... that was a little harsh for a tv show. But it was good. I liked it.

(Magneto, Mistique, and Sabretooth are soooooo screwed)

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 05:13 AM
Nighty101 is currently offline Click here to Send Nighty101 a Private Message Find more posts by Nighty101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BoratBorat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually liked it surprisingly though i absolutely hated season 1.

But personally i loved the way they portrayed apocalypse in X-men Evolution, he seems a little more god like as compared to apocalypse in the 90's animated series(who just can't shut his mouth).

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 06:17 AM
BoratBorat is currently offline Click here to Send BoratBorat a Private Message Find more posts by BoratBorat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

The whole thing was awesome, Spyke was successfully separated from Marrow, who he was obviously made from. Also, they downplayed Colossus so much again, it made me sad.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2009 08:23 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

True, though the thing that went on between him and Magneto in the series was kinda... interesting.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 07:21 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Basically, Magneto had his family hostage, that's why he was an Acolyte, and according to Xavier's vision of the future, since Pete was an X-Man, they apparently found his family and got them to safety. I remember that one episode when he finally decided to try and rough Magneto up, he held Colossus up against a wall, then he turned to normal and went to whoop his ass as a human. He also demolished that statue by swan diving into it, beautiful.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2009 07:23 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nighty101

I still don't believe that they gave Nightcrawler girl hair. WTF???

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:25 AM
Nighty101 is currently offline Click here to Send Nighty101 a Private Message Find more posts by Nighty101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Hey, chicks dig the fuzzy dude!! *German Accent*

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 05:18 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by KingD19
Basically, Magneto had his family hostage, that's why he was an Acolyte, and according to Xavier's vision of the future, since Pete was an X-Man, they apparently found his family and got them to safety. I remember that one episode when he finally decided to try and rough Magneto up, he held Colossus up against a wall, then he turned to normal and went to whoop his ass as a human. He also demolished that statue by swan diving into it, beautiful.

Indeed. smile Aside from most of the Apocalypse scenes, the part where Colossus confronts Magneto has got to be my most favorite part in the entire series. Still remember every bit of it like it was yesterday..

Magneto: Where have you been?
Colossus: I have continued the search for information, as ordered.
Magneto: I told you, I wanted reports every 30 minutes. Time is running out and you are failing me. Now if you ever want to see your family again, you will find answers.
*both give an angry look*
Colossus: Your wounded pride drives you to madness!
*Magneto magnetically tosses Colossus against some wall*
Magneto: I will crush you like a can!
Colossus: Then you will attempt it without the aid of magnetism.
*reverts to normal form*
Let us see how well you fight like a man!
*Gambit interferes and then they both walk away*

Originally posted by KingD19
Hey, chicks dig the fuzzy dude!! *German Accent*

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 07:07 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nighty101

yeah so it sounded more like

chick dig da fozzy dood!

LOL

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:43 PM
Nighty101

i like his accent it makes him sound so cute!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:43 PM