KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Irreversible

Irreversible
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Waggy the Dog

In relation to the "Cannibal Holocaust", there was a semi-remake of I can remember correctly called "Cannibal Ferox" also containing real animal slaughter, with the weirdest situation between a gigantic turtle.

...Back to rape, John Water's "Multiple Maniacs", that was just such bizzare rape scene. Has anyone seen it? Though no where near the intensity of Irreversible. {and I also think it was played for laughs}

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 05:55 AM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

cannibal ferox is NOT a remake first of all. they are 2 totally different movies. they are very similar, but holocaust is much more serious and overall just a better movie.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 09:21 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

I guess, sorry for the mistake.

Have you seen Multiple Maniacs? the Lobster Rape Scene!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 09:54 AM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Irreversible

Have you guys seen this movie. Just saw it and to say, it not the best foreign film I've seen. It's done well but I've seen better. And then blah,blah,blah...

To be frank, I was just in it for the Monicca Belusschi rape scene. eek!

Geez, if you thought she was hot in Matrix Reloaded in her white semi-transparent suit, you'll see her here, completely naked.

What do you guys think about the film anyway? smile

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 08:31 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

Haven't seen the film yet, but I really like Monicca Belusschi, she is sooooooo hot!!!

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 09:26 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BABOON
Call me Snake..

i saw irreversible and i thought it was great. the part where the guy gets beaten to death with the fire extinguisher was crazy as was the rape scene.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 02:43 AM
BABOON is currently offline Click here to Send BABOON a Private Message Find more posts by BABOON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

yes, it was an amazing film and i have a thread for it in the horror section. yes i consider this a horror movie. why you ask? it had incredibly dark images. and the rape scene itself i found to be very disturbing and horrific. the way the camera never moved and forced the audience to view it up close and personal, while not using camera tricks to make it seem intense and exciting like they do with most movies dealing with rape was brilliant, just blut, true to life rape the way it probably is in real life. slow, sad, sureal and absolutely stomach churning and heart breaking. i am somehow surprised that you speak of monica belluci like that though. she is a very hot woman, but the way you see her in this movie is not meant to be attractive in any way. the scene brought tears to my eyes because of its bluntness. it truley horrified me and stayed with me for days after i viewed it. again, for those who are in it for the rape scene so you can see monic naked. do not expected to be turned on by what you see, it is disturbing, horrific and sickeningly real. and the fire extinguisher scene was equally amazing and actually made me feel nautious. amazing how real it looked. amazing movie, amazing acting, one of th ebest of the year even if it does make you feel awful after seeing it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 07:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

haha, sounds funny. but back to irreversible. cant wait for it to come out on dvd finally. august 5th baby.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 07:43 AM
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Uh, ok. If you guys wish to see Monica naked, without having to feel awkward, go watch Melena. You at least see her breats there. I agree Backfire, one of the most intense and artful rape scene in cinema history, if you ask me. Well done!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 11:53 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Oh, i got it on DVD 3 days ago. Region 2 baby! Sorry!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 07:50 PM
jinXed by JaNx

het what is this movie about ive been hearing so much about this movie i hear all about the two realistic violent scenes in the movie but yet im still in the dark on what its about, can you give me a sentence or two on what its about , gonna grab it eigther way just wanna know if im gonna be satisfied thanx

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 04:59 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

its about a woman who is raped, and 2 friends of hers go after the rapist. the story is told backwards so you have a gods eye view of the events, you see them happen before the characters know about them. great movie, and as you said, contains 2 extremely amazing scenes.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 08:59 AM
jinXed by JaNx

well deffaintly gonna pick that up, bout time they start brining back creativity

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2003 09:33 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

well i got it earlier today. watched it twice. i must say, now that there are subtitles for me to read, and i can understand what they are saying, the movie is absolutely devestating and almost tramatic.... amazing movie that has to be seen to be believed.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 05:32 AM
jinXed by JaNx

hmmm sounds like a movie right down my alley, yeah i went to store in the mall and they said they werent going to be carrying it, havent checked blockbuster but gonna do so tomorrow

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 07:19 AM
Leog14

i saw the rape scene and it is the worst thing that could happen on a movie set. Especially to Monica Bellucci.

[SIZE=4]If that movie premiered in wide theaters here it would be nominated from best picture.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 07:54 PM
Leog14 is currently offline Click here to Send Leog14 a Private Message Find more posts by Leog14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i got mine at best buy.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 10:51 PM
Waggy the Dog

Irreversible

Does anyone agree with me, that the two scenes {fire extinguisher and rape} in this movie are very, very, very well filmed. Obviously, some parts of it were CGI, but even then, they are so realistic. The fact that you can see a face being disfigured in one "continuous" shot, is like, groundbreaking.

Does anyone agree with me?
{or am I just some guy who likes well-filmed lurid violence}

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 10:24 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

it was ok...but i dont remember much of the movie

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 10:48 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

i agree, so far the best use of cgi ever in film, period. the fire extinguisher scene is downright astonishing, and the rape scene is the most powerful, heartbreaking and realisitic look at rape ever filmed. brilliant movie.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 11:26 PM