KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Irreversible

Irreversible
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I have GOT to find this movie.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 01:27 AM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

I'm sorry to ask this question, it may sound stupid, but in the end {beginning}, do they actually kill the right bad-guy? {The Tenia}

there were two guys standing there when Marcus finds the Tenia, and they both kinda look alike. And the guy that the camera zooms in on after the beating looks like the guy in the red hallway. But I could be wrong.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 09:56 PM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

no they dont.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 01:27 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BABOON
Call me Snake..

for those of you in the cleveland area who havent seen this movie theyre showing it at the cleveland cinemateque on sunday 9/14 at 7pm...even though i own it on dvd and have seen it like 3 times im still going just for the experience of seeing it in a theater. so if you can make it..be there!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 01:39 AM
BABOON is currently offline Click here to Send BABOON a Private Message Find more posts by BABOON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

its an amazing movie, i wish it would play around here so i could see it on the big screen, and see peoples reactions to the horros they see on screen.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 01:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

"Irreversible's graphic violence and flinch-inducing rape scene (eight minutes, uncut) made headlines when the film premiered in Cannes last May, with reports of audience members fainting, throwing up, or just plain walking out."

the movie isn't that horribly violent, I mean, come on, who the hell would faint. I would think people in this day and age could handle such things, and have probably seen much, much worse.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 01:52 AM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BABOON
Call me Snake..

quote:
Originally posted by A Talking Dog
"Irreversible's graphic violence and flinch-inducing rape scene (eight minutes, uncut) made headlines when the film premiered in Cannes last May, with reports of audience members fainting, throwing up, or just plain walking out."

the movie isn't that horribly violent, I mean, come on, who the hell would faint. I would think people in this day and age could handle such things, and have probably seen much, much worse.

HAHAHAHA...oh man..i would love to see that kind of audience reaction on sunday

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 01:57 AM
BABOON is currently offline Click here to Send BABOON a Private Message Find more posts by BABOON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

the movie isnt that violent, you are right...the only really violent scene is the fire extinguisher scene... but its not the violence that makes this movie so disturbing, disgusting and nausiating. its the way that teh violence is portrayed. it is not glorified whatsoever. the fire extinguisher scene is downright amazing, and the first time i saw it i couldnt believe it, it effected me because of its realism, if i didnt know better i woulda thought the mans head was really coming apart. and the rape scene.... same thing goes for that... the way its done is why its so powerful, no quick cuts, no music playing to enhance the drama and remind us that its a movie. it is shown in a true to life way, and most importantly, it is shown as nothing but a tragedy, which is what rape is. I for one, have not seen anything worse, i have seen more gruesom, and over the top, but not worse.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:03 AM
Waggy the Dog

Well, I guess I agree with you, in that the violence is very realistic, or as realistic as the film maker could imagine it and show it, and that it is not at all like a "Hollywood" produced movie, but even then, we have movies with the same feel to it, such as "Boys Don't Cry", and I don't recall as much controversy about that film as there was for this one.
I mean, don't get me wrong, both movies are deplorably violent, but my point is that people have seen this style of movie before, what makes this so different?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:10 AM
BackFire

ive never seen a movie with such realistic horror scenes before. the rape scene feels so incredibly long, which is how it would feel to the victim. tahts why it has such an effect, because the events that take place feel real, along with the atmosphere.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:12 AM
BABOON
Call me Snake..

now like most people of my generation...i have been very desensitized to violence in movies...video games..etc. mostly because ive seen so much of it. this is the first movie in as long as i remember that actaully made me feel kinda...disturbed i guess..by the violence..its shown in such a realistic fashion by letting the 2 most violent scenes run on for a long period of time..and never changing camera angles or cutting to anything else...if either of those things would have happened the scenes would have easily been much less gruesome...simply because that would have taken away from the realism and reminded the viewer subconsciously that they were in fact watching a movie...brutal stuff. brilliant movie.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:31 AM
BackFire

yep

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:47 AM
Waggy the Dog

how long is the film actually suppose to be?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 01:50 AM
BackFire

It's about 90 minutes

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 01:51 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Irreversible

Guy gets his skull caved in, chick gets raped in the underground, etc.

Discuss.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 07:16 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Very disturbing film. In the rape scene, I found the part where someone comes into the tunnel and just walks back out without helping more disturbing than the actual rape.

It's not something I would watch again but it's a must see once at least type of film. I also didn't like some of the camera work, the sort of inbetween bits where the camera goes all over the place. I don't care what it is suppose to represent, it just gave me a headache...

Oo, for disturbing. There is a film out in France at the moment only, called Martyrs, a French film that was first given a 18 rating in France. Now that was a higher rating compared to Irreversible, and Irreversible was a 16+. Martyrs has been edited back to a 16+ now though.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 10:19 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Very disturbing film. In the rape scene, I found the part where someone comes into the tunnel and just walks back out without helping more disturbing than the actual rape.

It's not something I would watch again but it's a must see once at least type of film. I also didn't like some of the camera work, the sort of inbetween bits where the camera goes all over the place. I don't care what it is suppose to represent, it just gave me a headache...

Oo, for disturbing. There is a film out in France at the moment only, called Martyrs, a French film that was first given a 18 rating in France. Now that was a higher rating compared to Irreversible, and Irreversible was a 16+. Martyrs has been edited back to a 16+ now though.

Sounds interesting.

I didn't really like Irreversible, but it was worth watching once like you said. They ended up killing the wrong guy and that was basically it.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 11:04 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

The most disturbing thing about Irreversible is the gay club. That was dirty and I never want to see it again. Actually, a friend of mine came up to Sydney from Canberra and I made him watch the fire extinguisher face bashing and he rang me back a week later and told me he kept having nightmares. And he is 23. I love it when I show my mates fukked up gore movies!

Seriously though, this movie is tame compared to Inside (A'linterieur). Now that is brutal.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2008 11:09 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Irreversible is tame on the gore side(the face bash) compared to Inside(gore nearly all the way through) obviously since that's more or less the only gore feature in it, but Irreversible wins for the rape scene, that is far more disturbing compared to anything in Inside. Still adore Inside though, good French film.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 12:15 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you think rape is worse than stealing a baby from a mothers womb, you are pretty silly.

The mothers die from loss of blood. When you get raped you just get a sore ass for a week.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 09:08 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote