KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Irreversible

Irreversible
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not pretty silly at all. The rape in Irreversible was more realistic for me than the stuff in Inside.

Your comment on the rape and sore ass IS stupid. Just get a sore ass, please.

Also I didn't say worse, I said more disturbing for me to watch. Not everyday a baby gets cut out of a stomach forcefully, unlike rape.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 10:29 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah I know where you're coming from but I watched this doco called 'She Stole My Foetus' and honestly I can't think of a worse crime than stealing a baby from another persons stomach. You have to kill the mother. Its the most wrong thing I have ever heard of.

And for it to be true and people actually do it? Just wrong.

I'm not a woman so can't really comment on rape, but I bet it would be very hard for women who go through it, but spare a thought for the women who are killed for their unborn child.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2008 10:49 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep, it's bad but a rape victim who isn't killed has to live with what happened for the rest of her life, a Mother killed for her child is obviously dead and doesn't, it's finished.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 05:52 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

True, but their familys would have to live with knowing their daughter was killed and her baby stolen.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 10:17 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Irreversible is a masterwork.

The fire extinguisher scene is one of the most affecting scenes of gore I have ever seen in any movie, while not overly bloody, it feels truly genuine which makes it very stomach churning.

And of course the rape scene is just awful, one of the most powerful scenes in existence.

Best thing about the movie though is that it's cerebral. The parts after the violence become among the most affecting in the film because they're cast in the shadow of the inevitable tragedy that we've seen but that the characters haven't. So things that would normally be seen as touching or moving are now tragic and heart breaking. Great film, can't wait for his new one, Enter the Void.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Irreversible is a masterwork.

The fire extinguisher scene is one of the most affecting scenes of gore I have ever seen in any movie, while not overly bloody, it feels truly genuine which makes it very stomach churning.

And of course the rape scene is just awful, one of the most powerful scenes in existence.

Best thing about the movie though is that it's cerebral. The parts after the violence become among the most affecting in the film because they're cast in the shadow of the inevitable tragedy that we've seen but that the characters haven't. So things that would normally be seen as touching or moving are now tragic and heart breaking. Great film, can't wait for his new one, Enter the Void.

I think the fire exstinguisher scene, and the fight right before looks strangely realistic. Almost as if that's how a face-bashing would go down. The movie had a lot of raw and strong emotions going for it, and that's probably why it affected a lot of people.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 11:01 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Very disturbing film. In the rape scene, I found the part where someone comes into the tunnel and just walks back out without helping more disturbing than the actual rape.

It's not something I would watch again but it's a must see once at least type of film. I also didn't like some of the camera work, the sort of inbetween bits where the camera goes all over the place. I don't care what it is suppose to represent, it just gave me a headache...

Oo, for disturbing. There is a film out in France at the moment only, called Martyrs, a French film that was first given a 18 rating in France. Now that was a higher rating compared to Irreversible, and Irreversible was a 16+. Martyrs has been edited back to a 16+ now though.

Ive watched it once and that was enough for me. The club scene was very brutal and the sad part is, they got the wrong guy. The rape scene was very disturbing. Monica Bellucci is a gorgeous woman and being rape is something I didnt wanna see her on.

Whats Martyrs about?

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 03:15 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K.Diddy
DiddyWood Style

beer Seen this movie last night,The rape and fire extinsher scene were done brilliantly,I like the way they made you watch the movie in reverse as well,It was very smart film making,The only real problem I had with this movie was the way they used the camera,I dont really know what they were trying to achieve with this,my guess is too try and purposely make the viewer feel uncomfortable when watching it,but It was damn annoying and just about unbearable to look at sometimes erm Anyway, 7.5/10

Old Post Dec 27th, 2010 04:11 AM
K.Diddy is currently offline Click here to Send K.Diddy a Private Message Find more posts by K.Diddy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimywaugh
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is not an easy film to watch, but considering what people can, and how violence can come from nothing and the unexpectedness of his masterpiece. The structure has what is essentially a story of revenge and turns a deaf ear to it, because we have to actually see how things get out of control very quickly and what people do when pushed to the limit.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2011 04:51 AM
jimywaugh is currently offline Click here to Send jimywaugh a Private Message Find more posts by jimywaugh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I saw this years ago when it first hit the shelves.

From memory I didn't think it was a "great" film.

I mean is a pro-longed rape, a brutal bashing & watching everything play out in reverse enough elements to make a film arty?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2011 03:48 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eliaslyn

I have already seen this movie. Irreversible is a story told in reverse - the first scene is the conclusion of the story, and each following sequence back through the events that led up to it.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2011 04:10 PM
eliaslyn is currently offline Click here to Send eliaslyn a Private Message Find more posts by eliaslyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anfernee06

Thanks

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 05:32 AM
anfernee06 is currently offline Click here to Send anfernee06 a Private Message Find more posts by anfernee06 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anfernee06

oppss double post

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 05:33 AM
anfernee06 is currently offline Click here to Send anfernee06 a Private Message Find more posts by anfernee06 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote