KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » An Oscar Performance?

An Oscar Performance?
Started by: GangusGrievous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
scifigunslinger

Hey Korri did you ever get my message?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 04:47 PM
scifigunslinger is currently offline Click here to Send scifigunslinger a Private Message Find more posts by scifigunslinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

yup i replied ages ago

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 04:57 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nopy

STOP CUSSIN KEANU FOR BEING IN BILL AND TED

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 11:24 PM
nopy is currently offline Click here to Send nopy a Private Message Find more posts by nopy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

oh my God!!

no, i am the biggest. Ud be scared if u walked in my room and saw what is on the walls. Hav u ever seen "One hour Photo"?
(alias neo)

Oh my God!! yes i have seen that moviee!! all that photos!!
so.. all the walls of your room ..are complete of keanu reeves???
WOoooooooooooooooooooW!!!
i want you'r room!!!! sad sad sad

so cooL! Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 05:23 AM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

gabimr2 when you want to quote someone all you have to do is press the quote button on the post that has the quote you want. Its at the end next to the EDIt buttonsmile
But seriously...Oscars.....Do they deserve them or not?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 12:29 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Re: oh my God!!

quote:
Originally posted by gabimr2

Oh my God!! yes i have seen that moviee!! all that photos!!
so.. all the walls of your room ..are complete of keanu reeves???
WOoooooooooooooooooooW!!!
i want you'r room!!!! sad sad sad

so cooL! Happy Dance

not if i get there first big grin

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 01:27 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

1. i don't think they deserve oscars because acting in that kind of movie isn't 'oscar-type' acting
2. movies like the matrix that are kind of 'sci-fi' and so on don't win for anything but special effects... that's just the way it goes

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 07:48 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

and if they dont win the special effects, i wouldnt be surprised cus everyone says that LOTR might win. i would like it if they pulled off a win though.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 09:17 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

it could be close..

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 09:43 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deimos_2003
Good Fur-nuthin' Slacker

Matrix2 won't win anything for acting - most are either incredibly dull, serious characters or (as AsthmaticZero said) meant to be confused and dumbfounded (it can't escape my notice that in most of his roles Keanu plays this kind of character; the guy can't act).

It might pick something up for original screenplay or something like that but to be honest, it's a very middle-of-the-road action flick and the Academy prefers to pick less popular films anyway. I think it will get something for special effects or something - there'd be a riot if it got nothing big grin

Deimos

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 11:28 AM
Deimos_2003 is currently offline Click here to Send Deimos_2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Deimos_2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-NuT
Seeks the Ring

Possible Oscars...

Visual Effects
Sound Editing
Best Sound
Film Editing
Cinematography

Frodo - My dear Sam.

Gollum - My Precious!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 01:25 PM
P-NuT is currently offline Click here to Send P-NuT a Private Message Find more posts by P-NuT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

ill tell u know it defin8ly deserves one!!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 04:09 PM
nickjs21

*sigh*

you keanu fangeeks are a little too much . . .

cuppy, release the "caps lock" button. no one's cussing reeves for being in bill and ted. i loved bill and ted ("69, dude! *air guitar*"), i was just making a point that his character in that movie isn't more than a short jump away from all his other roles.

y'know, aliasneo, you make a good point about lotr. the final battle was very impressive, IMHO. i'd be happy if either movie won the effects award, because they were both good.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 12:22 AM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

yeah....if i had 2 say one film of his i didnt like it would be The Devils Advocate

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 04:39 PM
pslice

special fx and maybe screenplay

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 04:20 AM
pslice is currently offline Click here to Send pslice a Private Message Find more posts by pslice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

ya

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 01:48 PM
nickjs21

nothing against the matrix, pslice, but i'll wager my left arm that it won't win screenplay. whether or not it's deserving, an action movie like the matrix will never win an award in that type of category. screenplay almost always goes to movies with lots of dialogue, little action. like good will hunting (not a bash on that movie, either, cuz i loved it).

but with the amount of philosophical whatnot in m2, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

"what we obtain too easily, we esteem too lightly." -- Thomas Paine

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 05:12 PM
nickjs21 is currently offline Click here to Send nickjs21 a Private Message Find more posts by nickjs21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

*sigh* thats such a shame coz it deffinatlry deserves it sad

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 12:05 PM
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Larry Fishburn........Great Actor.......watch the movies: Boyz in the Hood, A Nightmare on Elm St. 3, Always Outnumbered Always Outgunned, Deep Cover............Morpheus is actually the worst role he's ever played.
Jada Pinkett........she was decent in Demon Knight I guess.....other than that , the only reason you even know her name is because she is married to Will Smith.

Hugo Weaving..........I like him.........dry delivery.....good actor.

You forgot Laurence was also in Apoc. Now smile
Jada was in Demon Knight? Oh yeah, come to think about it... heh, I loved that movie, it was so crap, it rocked. And Hugo... well, he's Hugo. Mmm. Would write a load of drool about Keanu but I've already done that in another post or million!

~Iko

Old Post Jul 24th, 2003 02:57 PM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

lol same here Ikobe same here Llaughing out loudL

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 12:39 PM