KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Star Wars love....Inherited?

Star Wars love....Inherited?
Started by: theEvilJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

What do your family memebers think about Star Wars? My sister went to see the movies but she isn't really a fanatic like me. My brother likes Star Wars too. My mom went to see Epi.I with me and liked it but she doesn't really care to see any more. My dad won't even give Star Wars a chance. He thinks it's to Star Trek-like.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 24th, 2000 07:31 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

I doubt my parents even know what SW is, *YES THEY ARE ALIVE*. My wife isn't into that sort of stuff, but she'll watch it to please me smile My dogs love it, but I dunno about the stall animals! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 24th, 2000 07:53 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I was wondering UBH,when you go to a movie like Star Wars do you watch it in German with captions or just German?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2000 07:56 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Re: Star Wars love....Inherited?

My sister really loves the movies but she doesn't have the same amount of knowledge as a true fanatic does. My mum is the same.
My girlfriend thinks the movies are okay but she prefers Star Trek.
As for my dad, he knows nothing. I reckon that he doesn't even know who Darth Vader is or how to hum the main theme tune to Star Wars. lol

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 05:19 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

My brother likes it a lot. My sister hates it, my father thinks it's kinds geeky and doesn't really give it the time of day. A few years ago we tried to get him to watch the Special edition, he wouldn't because "He saw the movie in 1977." My mom humors me about it, but its not her cup of tea. All these observations are coming from 3-5 years ago when I was in high school, my family and I aren't around enough to ever talk star wars.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 06:41 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

So basicly all of our fathers hate Star Wars.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 06:55 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

My parents like the movies okay but my dad really likes old star trek. My sister can take them or leave them, but my brother is enough of a junkie that I know he would love this forum, but the hosehead can't get around to buying a pc and he's 49 freakin years old. He and I saw all the special editions at the theatre together and we went to see TPM twice together at the theatre also. He knows a lot of stuff, but has not seen the OT as many times as I have. I think it has to activate a certain area of your brain that remains forever untouched in most peoples minds. And those people will never understand the constant obsessions we have with the whole saga. BOY DO I FEEL SORRY FOR THEM! stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 25th, 2000 08:14 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

I hate to break the streak but my dad is the one who turned me on to SW. I wasn't born when the OT came out(I am only 1cool and when I was a kid he showed me them and I was hooked. Of course, my mom and two sisters hate them.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2000 09:04 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

You're only 10? That's cool. You sound very mature for your age. And you're a much wiser man that I am. I foresee you will become a great Jedi Knight.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2000 09:17 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Sorry DD, I am eighteen, I don't know how that smile face came up there. Sorry to disappoint you but I like to still think I'm very mature smile

Old Post Nov 27th, 2000 10:41 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Darn,I'm still the youngest.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2000 10:45 AM
Dim
Creativity

Well, I don't think my parents ever paid attention to SW...or saw them. (I don't ever remember them going to the movies) And my brother(35) pretty much hates Science Fiction...

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 10:34 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Isn't that frustrating ? They just don't know what they're missing. Love the snow !!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2000 08:57 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Your brother is a lot older than you Dim. Did he pick on you as a kid?

Old Post Nov 29th, 2000 10:17 AM
Dim
Creativity

Yep, what good are big brothers if they don't torture you on a daily basis? He feels very guilty about it now though big grin

Old Post Nov 29th, 2000 11:26 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

My brother is 12 years older than me and he STILL picks on me constantly. But I can still run faster. evil face

Old Post Nov 29th, 2000 10:09 PM
theEvilJedi

My 22 yr. old brother picks on me a lot too. I on the other hand pick on my 20 yr. old sister.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2000 04:21 AM
Dim
Creativity

I just punish my brother by bringing up his love life...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2000 07:19 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Re...

I punish my brother by putting olives in his coffee when he isn't looking. I like to think of them as

Old Post Nov 30th, 2000 08:24 PM
Dim
Creativity

Re: Re...

Well, that's just nasty. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 1st, 2000 10:35 AM