KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Your favorite music

Your favorite music
Started by: Jedimaster3838

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedimaster3838

Your favorite music

I live in the US but most of my favorite bands/artists hail from across the pond. My favorite band is Oasis, those Gallagers are quite talented, more so Noel. I also like Richard Ashcroft, Robbie Williams, the dandy warols, and my favorite American bands are Third Eye Blind and Everclear.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2000 04:31 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

All Time 10 Favorites in no paticular order

Queen (B4 Freddy died)
Michael Jackson (Off the Wall, Thriller period)
George Michael
Janet Jackson
Gloria Estefan
Dire Straits
Madness
Phil Collins
Bon Jovi
Madonna in all her guises

Current Favs

Kandi: Don't Think I'm Not (And the Album Hey Kandi)
Anastacia: I'm Outta Love
BaHa Mans: Who let the dogs out
The Corrs: Irresistable & Breathless
Destinys Child: New Charlies Angels
Honeyz: Not Even Gonna Trip
All Saints: Black Coffee
Gabrielle: Should I Stay

Old Post Oct 24th, 2000 02:13 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

I'm just into anything rock, dance or garage.

My favourite song at the moment is Lady (hear me tonight) by Modjo

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 01:34 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I don't know...I'll listen to anything.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2000 05:19 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

My top three bands:

1. Stone Roses
2. Oasis
3. The Verve

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 01:41 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Sting and old Police are my absolute favorites. I'm kind of embarrassed to put my other likes on here, but go ahead and laugh. I like Celtic and Swing music. Hate country and rap. I listen to anything from Steely Dan and old Van Halen to Yanni. I also like a lot of 80s bands you dont hear from anymore, The Cars, DuranDuran, Big Country, Tears for Fears. Sometimes I go heavy like old Whitesnake or move into some stuff by STP or Toad the Wet Sprocket. I love Rush, Fleetwood Mac and Heart. Quite the mix, you see. cool cool cool

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 06:57 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Yeah Ratcat!

Phil Collins is #1! I also like:
Eagles
Eins Engel
Keßen du!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 09:03 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Good call EJ. I like the Verve too, but Richard Ashcroft(their lead singer) has a new album is very good.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2000 09:23 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Emenim
Kid Rock
Baha Men
Madonna
Third Eye Blind
Lenny Kravitz
Etc...

Just to let you know I HATE BOY BANDS LIKE NSYNC.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2000 02:48 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Did anyone else hear EvilJedi say he loved boy bands like NSYNC?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2000 08:41 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

I like classic rock and raggae. My all time favorites are Bob Marley and Dave Mathews Band.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2000 08:44 AM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Why did you say that Xiz?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 04:33 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xizor

Because it was funny. Loosen up EJ, you've been getting me mad recently for a few reasons. You try to be goofy and funny and often come off sounding vulgar and childish. I notice this and respond by teasing you or mocking your humor like I did above, and you play the victem and act like "why is he picking on me." A good example of this is in the role playing forum where you and DD were vulgar and dumb, talking about sex, hookers liquer, smoking and other more obscene things. I responded by writing a hilarious satirical story in which Xizor the SW's character ends up killing the conspiritorial EJ and DD. You reacted by not getting the humor, becoming defensive and eventual saying that I was wrong and then closing the site in an attempt to make yourself seem more mature. My story was great(I suggest all of you read it in role playing under 7,8,9)I'd appreciate it in the future EJ That if you wish to start such games be preparred to finish them.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 05:17 AM
theEvilJedi

I know it was funny.I was just responing to it sarcatically.Did you read what I said about that topic afterward Xiz?I said that role playing can go in any direction[funny,serious,etc,]I agree with you that the sex things shouldn't be allowed in role playing,therefore I will make a note about that on the forum.I got the humor it was just that you said you killed me after I already killed you.So I had to bring it up that's all.I actually thought it was very fuuny.I never said you were wrong.I just closed it so you two wouldn't get into any more arguments.Part of my forum is to continue the story forever never ending it.I'm sorry if you don't like my roles but that is the way it is.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 05:25 AM
Ratcat

Very eloquently put Xiz, but back on topic I'm quite surprised by some and totally unsurprised by others.

Dim,

You must have SOME favorites. I too will pretty much listen to anything from Heavy Rock to Classical, R&B to Punk and most in between but like most other things have my favorites.

Actually I did miss off one of my all time favorites and that's Meatloaf. He's brilliant. I saw him live at Wembley Arena last year and it was the best concert I have ever been to.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 09:26 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Ratcat who were you suprised by? I wasn't really suprised by any of them. For instance I knew that I wouldn't like anyone on EJ's list before he even posted it. We don't agree on anything.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 09:39 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

You don't even like Madonna?

Old Post Oct 28th, 2000 11:36 PM
KJ
Sausages

Not really. I've never liked her.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2000 10:55 PM
Xizor

RatCat, can I take it that by your comment you strolled over and read my story in the role playing forum or did you just like my post? How many of you like Dave and Bob? I bet ya Dim is a fan of all hose Lilith Fair ladies.wink

Old Post Oct 30th, 2000 09:54 AM
Ratcat

Just what you wrote above, but I will check out you RPG posting.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2000 08:08 PM