KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Your favorite music

Your favorite music
Started by: Jedimaster3838

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

I just hate the way he goes on about how bad his childhood was. So what? Does he live in Ethiopia, Isreal or Bosnia? No, so he shouldn't be complaining all the time.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2000 03:36 AM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

What's the phrase? "But for the grace of God go I>"

Which is actually pretty hypocritical coming from me.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2000 06:08 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Well he did live in a gang populated area KJ.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2000 08:20 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, but he's more about how crapy his mother was and stuff like that. I just like the songs, I have no comment on theior content.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2000 04:24 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

He needs to grow up and get over it...and he grew up in Michigin...in a smallish town type area... So what if he grew up in a crappy area?..alot of people do and they don't make songs about killing their wives. But, I guess whatever will bring in the money... Don't get me wrong. I don't hate the guy, but all of his little antics gets on my nerves... He just does most of it to get attention..and to get rich.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2000 07:54 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I agree with that. Everything he does is for attention and to make money. Even the way he dresses. He is always wearing the same T-shirt so that he looks poor. But of course he isn't because he's a millionaire. EJ I live in a town with gangs in it, but doesn't everybody?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2000 10:12 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Dim you sound like my mother.laughing out loud And KJ,I don't live in a gang populated area. New Orleans is but that's at least 40 minutes away.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2000 11:04 PM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Your favorite music

Eminem grew up in Detroit. His music is very good, some of the stuff is wrong, but people who take him seriously are what makes him so popular. Your he just wants attention, what musician doesn't? And so what if he wears the same white t-shirt, thats what he likes. At least he's not one these rappers that wear the big gold chains and have more gold teeth than regular. Thats a disgrace. They care more about their look than their music, the same can't be said for Eminem.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2000 03:18 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Well I hope he enjoys his 15 minutes of fame bacause in 5 years nobody will care and there will be a new millionaire rapper acting poor, acting bad and being completly fake.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2000 09:35 PM
Darth Daft

I agree that he makes up all his songs and lines for attention. And the lines in "The way I am" are obviously his attempt to make people feel sorry for him because of all the criticism he gets. I really do like some of his lyrics and songs and he does have some talent, but nevertheless, he is annoying and a bit of a freak if you ask me.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2000 01:18 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Don't you hate it when white people pretend they are black?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2000 01:23 AM
Jedimaster3838

Your favorite music

First off, who says he'll be gone in 5 years? Dr Dre and Snoop Dog are still around and Eminem is better than they are. And he had a terrible childhood, so I kinda feel sorry for him. I don't care how rich one person is, money can't buy happiness. And as far as him acting black, so what? He can act however he wants.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2000 02:33 AM
Darth Heinous

Favorite Music

My taste in music is always changing. I used to like heavy metal and "gothic" music. I like Enigma, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Enya, Geri Halliwell and soundtracks. Relaxation music is also cool. My mood always dtermines what type of music I want to hear. When I'm angry I often listen to "dark" music. When I'm upset (very seldom) I listen to "sad" music. When I'm excited I like fast pace music. When I'm cheerful (most of the time) I listen to whatever comes to mind.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2000 11:46 PM
KJ
Sausages

Re: Favorite Music

In terms of world wide sucess I don't think you can say Snoop or Dr Dre are still around. They only sell records in America where as Eminem sells world wide. But not for much longer. How many times can you whine about your life before people see right through you?

DH- What kind of "dark" and "sad" music? Who by?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2000 05:44 AM
Darth Heinous

Music is a wonderful way to express yourself

No one in particular.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2000 11:37 PM
Ratcat

Re: Music is a wonderful way to express yourself

Like I said, I just listen to the music. It keeps me awake when i'm driving.

I like Eminem, as I said, but give me TLC, Destinys Child, Kandi, Samatha Mumba, Wyclef or a whole host of other Rap, Garage or R&B over him anyway.

If you can dance to it, I'm there!

Yes! Big, fat, 32 years old parents ARE still allowed to go clubbing, but only as long as they get a babysitter first!!!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 04:22 AM
Jedimaster3838

Your favorite music

I just got the new Oasis CD "Familiar to Millions" its a live show at Wembley Stadium. It might be the best live CD I have ever heard. Its really good. I just hope they can produce one more studio album before they split.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 05:57 AM
Xizor

Here is my little spoof on Eminems the way I am:

"I am Joseph R. Lieberman, and if I wasn't then why would God say I am? Because I am Joseph R. Lieberman, I like God that's just they way I am..."

EJ, I think you Dad sounds like a Tower of Power, but I could still take him. Hit 'em at knees..laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2000 10:49 PM
Xizor is currently offline Click here to Send Xizor a Private Message Find more posts by Xizor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I'm sure you could.laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2000 02:46 AM
KJ
Sausages

Oasis have put back a new album for at least six months but they are touring America in January with the Black Crowes. I don't think they will ever split up. In the sixtes if you were asked which band ,The Beatles or The Rolling Stones, would still be together 40 years later everyone would have said the Beatles. I think Oasis will always be there.
JM3838- Should I buy Familiar to Millions on CD or buy the video.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2000 03:35 AM