KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » James Cameron or Jonathan Mostow?

James Cameron or Jonathan Mostow?
Started by: CoCooN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Yeah, i can.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 09:34 AM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Seriously though, why didn't Cameron direct it?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 05:24 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

As he said, it's because he didn't want to direct a film he didn't write {and the reason he didn't write it is cos he felt there was no more story left to tell}. Enter Mostow...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 08:36 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

He had considered an ending for T2 where SkyNET was annihilated completely. In fact, it was a last minute change to make the ending the highway at night again. The original ending showed Sarah with her grandchild in the playground with no nuclear fire.

Cyberdyne were dealing with technology too advanced to be controlled. Because of the presence of future technology in the present, it was perfectly feasible that technology should evolve faster than Mankind. Without Cyberdyne, it could still have been invented eventually in the natural course of things, but there is every reason to suppose that the hominids would know what they were dealing with by then.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 03:19 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Shaber - I've seen that ending on the "Ultimate Edition" DVD. It's so cheesy! "Judgement day came and went. And nothing happened. Michael Jackson turned forty. The nuclear holocaust never came. John continues to fight though... as a memeber of the senate {!}" Though I'm sure in retrospect it appeals to T3 haters {as it would remove the need for T3 entirely}, I just can't stand it! I'm SO glad Cameron changed it!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 09:19 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Your not the only one

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 01:02 PM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Shaber - I agree with you about your other point. In retrospect, it sounds silly to assume that blowing up one building would detract from the development of AI for the rest of human history!

But why do you say that the humans should be aware of what they are doing? The events of T3 seem to disprove that theory...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 04:24 PM
shaber
schizoid

I was making a vague philosophical point. SkyNet is technology that evolved faster than mankind. Something like that would happen in a time line with future technology sent back to the present. However, once natural order were restored, then from a story telling point of view, it should be the case that the reason for technology growing TOO fast is gone.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 05:18 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Then do you believe cyberdyne gaining control in T3, supposedly in 2003, was too fast?

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 07:34 PM
shaber
schizoid

I think that the fact that SkyNET took over anyway is too cynical embarrasment

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:01 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Machines overrunning the world - could happen, y'know...

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:48 PM
lau_timmy

Why did James Cameron let someone else make Terminator 3. Doen't the Terminator property belong to him so he could decide wheter there can be another movie. Besides he wrote the first 2 terminator movies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Connor: No, no, no, no. You gotta listen to the way people talk. You don't say "affirmative," or some shit like that. You say "no problemo." And if someone comes on to you with an attitude you say "eat me." And if you want to shine them on it's "hasta la vista, baby."
The Terminator: Hasta la vista, baby.
John Connor: Yeah! Or "later dickwad." And if someone gets upset you say, "chill out"! Or you can do combinations.
The Terminator: Chill out, dickwad.
John Connor: Great! See, you're getting it!
The Terminator: No problemo.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 12:50 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zero The Hero

I think that has to do with the rights of producer Kassar. I think he wanted a third movie, but Cameron didnt feel there was any stuff to tell.
So he hired Mostow for the job.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 09:00 AM
Zero The Hero is currently offline Click here to Send Zero The Hero a Private Message Find more posts by Zero The Hero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

quote:
Originally posted by Zero The Hero
I think that has to do with the rights of producer Kassar. I think he wanted a third movie, but Cameron didnt feel there was any stuff to tell.
So he hired Mostow for the job.

Yeah, like after other top producers turned down the chance to direct the third Terminator they hand it to an unknown. Good move(!)

Old Post Apr 13th, 2004 11:35 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Ah U - welcome back... and I see your cynicism has also returned!

Mostow was a virtual unknown, it true - but Breakdown was quite good...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2004 06:46 PM
shaber
schizoid

And the time line really is a hopeless mess! eek!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2004 03:09 AM
Discos
The Discmeister

right heres what I heard about all this....

James Cameron didn't want to direct it because the story was so shit, at first he DENIED any rights and whatnot of the terminator to ANYONE else, but in the end he changed his mind

Linda Hamilton didn't want to return - I heard she didnt want to return because her and Cameron were an item and she didnt want to remember jack shit about cameron and whatnot

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 01:18 AM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Its a pity he never came back, im sure he wouldve spruced up that pathetic effort by the new boys.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 01:52 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

it wasnt that pathetic, just far too much of this bleeding SFX nonsence,

when the TX first arrives threw time we see a huge lughtning field and a bloody sphere of some sort over it......bet that cost £5 (out of their £100 Million budget)

Cameron (in 1984) had a budget if £17 million and the stuff they used to make the lightning in the first terminator time machine.....is equavilant to what you would use in a physics experiment to do the stuff

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jul 6th, 2004 12:47 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

The movie was pretty lame, it was heavily CGI driven. There was very little story to back it up, and im totally convinced that it was all meant to end with T2, this is just a money-grabbing concept. Im sure cameron wouldve instilled more purpose for this movie, other than a showcase of how the machines take over. Only the last five mins of the movie really do anything different from T2.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 7th, 2004 08:58 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote