KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Anybody Vote Today?

Anybody Vote Today?
Started by: Xizor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
theEvilJedi

Re: Bush is a great man

I couldn't have said it better myself Jedimaster.smile

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 02:46 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

And frankly EJ YOU DIDN'T!

You are making so mad and not on the issues of Gore or Bush, that's just politics but the abortion issue! That's something completely different.

How can you, a 17 year old adolecent boy, say that a woman who has been raped, i.e. BEEN FORCED TO HAVE SEXUAL INTERCOURSE AGAINST HER WILL, then be forced to endure 9 months of pregnancy and carry a baby she NEVER WANTED and DID NOTHING TO DESERVE.

To then go through the EXTREME pain of child birth with a baby she NEVER WANTED and DID NOTHING TO DESERVE.

Do you have any idea what pregnancy does to the female body and mind? Let me tell you, just as a husband who has one child and is now just undergoimng the 9 month journey to the birth of another, it's not all blooming and buying baby cloths.

There's the morning sickness, the cramps, the back ache, the weight gain, the interuption to certain activities such as working out, the time away from work for the birth. And that's just a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy.

A woman who has been raped would have to face all of these too, plus the emotional recovery from the rape, the impact on any existing relationship. Many rape victims end up losing any relationship they had before the rape.

You expect a woman to also carry a stragers baby to term and deliver it? WAKE UP AND SPELL THE DAMN COFFEE EJ. You have no idea of what you are talking about!

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 03:56 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

JM,
"And people that are put to death are never innocent, they go through so many appeals and trials that if there is any reasonable doubt they are not put to death."

New DNA evedience has shown that more than a few death row cases has shown that the defendent was innocent...but not that it matter now considering that the defendent ad already been executed..just a fact for you to think about.

And what some people are failing to realize is that they are trying to make these laws to cover a vast array of situations...from carelessness to rape..so the laws are unobjective and intrusive. And it's not as easy as saying "okay, well, raped women can have abortions" because you see, then you would have rape charges being brought up against some poor guy because his girlfriend, who might be underage or just crazy, wants to get an abortion..
And I can also add, that as a child bearing age woman...I do not appreciate some middle aged (mostly male) lawmakers who know nothing about me having that sort of decision making power over my life. That is between me, my partner and my doctor.

OKay...and lastly...I'm wondering if I should close this topic...I'll keep it open if everyone can remain civil...but lets not damage each other here guys. Okay?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 05:49 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Daft

Ratcat I totally agree with you about this whole abortion thing. You obviously know what you're talking about and I agree that when a foetus is only a few weeks old it is just a lump of flesh, barely even that. The brain hasn't even developed enough for it to be considered alive, so really having the abortion is not killing the baby, just killing something that would become a baby. Murder is killing another human being. Abortion is destroying an undeveloped foetus, which in my opinion is not a human being.
Nuff said.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 05:56 AM
Darth Daft is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Daft a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Daft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedimaster3838

Bush is a Great man.

Do not even attempt to make me out as a jerk or something because I am pro-life. I HATE rape and everytime I hear about it I get so pissed off I don't know what to do, and if someone I know ever had it happen to them I couldn't control my actions towards the person who did it. But anyway you slice it, a life is a life, and its not the babies fault a woman was raped, two wrongs don't make a right. I respect people who are pro-choice but a child has no choice in how it comes into this world. I have the greatest respect for women who carry children, I love that I can't carry children, but I just couldn't imagine being responible for killing a life that was inside of me.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 07:51 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

So RC,if your wife decided she didn't want to go through those awful nine-months and have an abortion you would be for it?As for the raped woman,people have made much harder sacrifices for things and not wanting to go through those nine months to save a child is still wrong.As for the executions,if you are executed you have been charged with a serious offense,therefore should be killed.

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 07:52 AM
theEvilJedi is currently offline Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Okay..this is getting stupid..EJ, you don't know how hard of a sacrafice that is...you really don't...and it's really crass and really insensitive to bring RC's wife into this..

And just because you're charged with a crime it doesn't mean you committed it...

JM, I see what you're saying I just don't think we can make those choices for other people..

Now...I'm closing this topic.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2000 11:07 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote