KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

what might jango have done differently to survive the duel he had with mace windu?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 06:25 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the only thing he shouldn't have done was getting trampled by the Reek, that damaged his jetpack so he couldn't fly away when Mace made his final run

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 10:30 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimK68
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
what might jango have done differently to survive the duel he had with mace windu?

Good question John....... Jango is a PUNK!!..

I just got through watching ep I... Again,,, I feel myself more the padawan........

"If The Jedi Find Out What We Are Planning To Build, We're Doomed."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 10:45 AM
Click here to Send SimK68 a Private Message Find more posts by SimK68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He could have NOT attacked Windu in the first place.

That said, it was odd they had to fight at all, seeing as Windu had his sabre at Janho's throat earlier- a threat to kill him if Dooku tried something which Windu simply did not carry out! Despite having plenty of tiem to when the droids approached. Oh well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 01:40 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

a jedi cant kill someone in cold blood, regardless of how evil they are, right? jango was defenseless. for mace to strike him down then would have been of the dark side. this is what ive been led to believe, anyway.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 05:53 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Then Mace holding that sabre to Jango's throat at all was an utterly pointless gesture. I agree a Jedi should not kill in cold blood but he was really achieving nothing there. He could at least have disabled Jango.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 06:19 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

probably he was letting jango know that if he made a move" i will kill you". sort of like when a cop pulls his gun and yells"FREEZE, POLICE!" if you make a move, they will open fire.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 06:27 PM
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

Mace was just tellin dooku to stop the fight. So padme,Anakin, and Obi1 could live.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 08:36 PM
Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowhand
Superguitarist

With no jet-pack, Jedi wins everytime...

I agree that Jango's unfortunate trampling was probably the mitigating factor leading up to his death. Remember, it was only his jet-pack that saved him when he met Obi-Wan a few scenes before.

No grounded non-Jedi can hope to best a Jedi when a few scant feet is all that separates them.

With my spear and magic helmet,

~Slowhand

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Slowhand a Private Message Find more posts by Slowhand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

If you look, he was actually surprised. When Mace is running forward, a little burst of smoke and sparks come out of the jet thrusters. He would have timed it perfectly, and escaped in a very cool way. But, time and money was short, so Lucas decided to have him trampled instead.

The fact that he TRIED to escape doesn't negate the sorrow, but it softens the blow a bit.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 04:10 AM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

maybe he should have done a "fly by", you know like an LA drive by! his biggest mistake was diving for maces lightsaber.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 04:42 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Mace was playing for high stakes; he had made the threat on Jango, and he should have carried it out. If a cop points a gun at someone in a gang and tells the gang to stop and the gang tries to kill him, no-one would blame the cop for shooting the guy before attending to his own needs; he gave perfectly adequate warning!

As it is, Jango killed another Jedi before Windu had to kill him the hard way. Though not THAT hard, for Windu...

BtVS

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 11:46 AM
finti

nah it was a pretty easy kill, as easy as kill Jango had of that Jedi council member

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 11:48 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

but mace killed him in battle, not while he was defenseless.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 05:10 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I'd say, at that point, he was pretty defenseless.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 06:56 AM
Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Look, the moment Windu lowered his sabre Jango was taking a crack at him with the flamethrower. This was not some innocent civilian- it was a highly dangerous criminal whom Windu had put under forcilbe armed restraint. Jedi are not pacifists; they have to be prepared to kill under guidelines of reasonable force. Windu did not kill him out of hand- he made a reasonable threat to Jango and only endangered himself and everyone else by not carrying it through.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 10:34 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

you cant just kill someone in cold blood. ESPECIALLY if you are a jedi. are you saying that mace would have been justified if he took jangos head right away? regardless of how dangerous a person is, thats murder. i know that sounds crazy, it sounded crazy when i was typing it. but its the way i see things.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 06:58 AM
SimK68
Restricted

Account Restricted

But Jango had a gun, just like Xan had one in the club.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:43 AM
Click here to Send SimK68 a Private Message Find more posts by SimK68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimK68
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Duke it out like he did with Ob1 big grin

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:47 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

sorry, but it would probably be a weapons based battle.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 07:53 AM