KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Orestes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
and i speculate a jedi master in his prime, who is arguably second only to yoda, is going to kick jango's ass...

there was plenty of jedi cannon fodder in geonosis, i'd count Komari Vosa as one of em...

Fair enough. How you choose to imagine the fight might have transpired -- had it happened -- is up to you. smile

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Orestes a Private Message Find more posts by Orestes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I'd put Mace 1st and Yoda 2nd in episode 3 Mace neally beat palpatine but Yoda lost to palpatine. Mace kicks Jango's ass into our universe anyday

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 12:17 PM
Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Originally posted by steverules
I'd put Mace 1st and Yoda 2nd in episode 3 Mace neally beat palpatine but Yoda lost to palpatine. Mace kicks Jango's ass into our universe anyday

It sure would've been interesting to see if he could have done it, wouldn't it? wink

Shame they never really fought. I'd've loved to have seen. Tsk.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:08 PM
Click here to Send Orestes a Private Message Find more posts by Orestes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by Orestes

If the point I was making eludes you, nevermind. It's not critical. wink

Nope didnt allude me dear.. just too busy having a life to give a damn smile

But you have fun obsesing over miunutia and inapproriate and inaacuate analogies!! Good luck with that!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:10 PM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I totally agree, if only Ani hadn't come and stopped him then we probably would have seen palpatine's death then and there but you know they had to keep him so that it would tie in with all the other movies.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:12 PM
Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Originally posted by bilb
Nope didnt allude me dear.. just too busy having a life to give a damn smile

But you have fun obsesing over miunutia and inapproriate and inaacuate analogies!! Good luck with that!

You know, you don't become somehow more right just because you repeatedly insult people who disagree with you. And it's actually possible to disagree wholeheartedly and still be cool with the other person.

Anyway, it's just my opinion, but I think it's much easier to enjoy that whole "having a life" thing if you can do it without carrying a chip on your shoulder. That said, do as you will. It's only your own heart you poison -- no skin off my back.

So good luck to you as well. wink

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:19 PM
Orestes

I totally agree, if only Ani hadn't come and stopped him then we probably would have seen palpatine's death then and there but you know they had to keep him so that it would tie in with all the other movies.

Well of course I was actually talking about the other fight, but sure ... that one, too. stick out tongue As far as Anni goes, it's just a shame to find out that the supposedly "hardcore" Darth Vader was always kind of a second-rate little punk. Well ... my opinion, once again. wink

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:20 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i'm just at a loss to see how jango is so skilled... at all... sure he killed a jedi, who's attention was on dooku... he fought obi wan (who lost his saber quickly), and even with his ships help barely got out alive...

So what is it about jango?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 09:37 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Do you think Boba should have been the one to kill Mace? confused

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:17 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Do you think Boba should have been the one to kill Mace? confused

u asking me?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:21 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I'm asking everyone.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:45 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm asking everyone.

Imo no... we saw what luke did to bobba close quarters... i think mace outclasses either man, and i honestly dont see how either could beat him one on one...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 10:46 PM
steverules
The doctor

Good point I have friend who thought boba should be allowed revenge but if it was made it would probably be written by a boba fan.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 11:08 PM
kimmeh
vixen

Originally posted by pr1983
i'm just at a loss to see how jango is so skilled... at all... sure he killed a jedi, who's attention was on dooku... he fought obi wan (who lost his saber quickly), and even with his ships help barely got out alive...

So what is it about jango?

Boba was awesome (and yes thats a FACT paul! stick out tongue) so Jango is as well by default stick out tongue

And I for one would have loved to see Boba kill Mace big grin

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 04:35 AM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Part of me would have liked to have seen Mace killed by Boba, but honestly, it probably would have been a bad idea ... if only because he would have been too young to justifiably have pulled it off. Then again, it would have been a great "vengeance" side-story.

But oh well.

pr1983: Part of it is just that I dislike jedi in general, I think (I'll be honest and candid: I have a serious problem with a philosophy that holds that, among other things, supressing your emotions is a key to enlightenment). Part of it is his costume was really cool -- come on; you know it was! wink And then of course there's the fact that characters who live in moral shades of grey appeal to me.

But okay. Seriously? The movie didn't show much of what Jango could do, other than he had a solid showing against Obi. And yeees, I know his objective was not to kill Jango, but I also don't recall a single moment when he COULD have killed Jango even if he'd been trying to. The fight with Mace, given the jetpack fiasco, was a non-fight. And I've said enough about that already.

But Jango's genuinely impressive feats are covered partly in Open Seasons (a graphic novel) and partly in ... well, frankly, in a game. Bounty Hunter. But whaddaya gonna do? wink

Anyway, as I said before, he defeated Komari Vosa among other things -- here's a link to her bio since I keep tossing that name out:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/ch...arivosa/eu.html

No, it doesn't prove he could beat any jedi who ever lived ... not by a long shot. But it does at the very least prove that it was not entirely beyond him to defeat an experienced Force-user in a direct confrontation, and it sheds a little light on why he was chosen as the template for a clone army in the first place.

"he could......if he needed too....hed juss make up lies about how one was talkin smack bout the other and then they would fight, and after they foughtit out....he would suck the other weakened one into a blackhole." - King KAN explaining how Batman could defeat Thanos and Galactus

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:29 AM
steverules
The doctor

Well they were able to make a darthvader vs darthmaul comic who's to say they won't make boba vs mace only boba would be older of coarse.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 06:57 AM
Orestes

Well they were able to make a darthvader vs darthmaul comic who's to say they won't make boba vs mace only boba would be older of coarse.

It'd definitely have to be a "What if?" kind of thing since Mace is dead, but ... yeah.

Boba did get one shot at Mace in a little mini-series of kids' novels (which I thumbed through since I happen to work at a bookstore anyway, so hey wink ). He did better than you'd expect, but he still lost, although obviously he wasn't killed. But of course he was also still kind of young and nowhere near as experienced as he later becomes ... so take from that what you will.

Honestly, it would probably take a Boba Fett on the level he's reached by the end of the NJO series to actually go one-on-one with Mace with a decent chance of winning. By then, he's supposedly 18th level ... if you care about D20 stats. Mace was supposed to have been the same level when he died, I believe.

Well, of course D20 stats are hardly cannon material, though. But for whatever it's worth. wink

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 07:24 AM
steverules
The doctor

What was the mini series called?(Sounds like a good story).

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:06 AM
Orestes

What was the mini series called?(Sounds like a good story).

It was .. let's see ... okay, the larger collection of books it belongs to is "Clone Wars Novels." Each one about Boba was titled "Boba Fett" and then subtitled something else ... the last one being "Pursuit" (that's the one where he finally catches up with Mace). The five books before it pick up where the movie left off (with Jango's death) from Boba's point of view and go from there, and we get to see the beginnings of his career.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:40 AM
steverules
The doctor

Cool. So after being beaten by mace what does boba do, does he fly away or something or does Mace just walk away?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 11:07 AM