KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I didnt mean it to come accross as being condescending, that was not my intention...

sure... big grin

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:36 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Monk

I know it's really late in the argument, but several pages back, someone asked why Jango didn't use his flamethrower on Mace. It may be because his jetpack was disabled. The jetpack and the flamethrower run on the same fuel. If one is disabled, the other one might be, too.

"Who needs courage when you've got a gun?"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 08:07 PM
Click here to Send Insane Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Just call it a bump, and nobody minds as nobody ever comes here anyway.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 09:35 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FE Expert
Fire Emblem expert

Maybe you should start another thread like that in addition to thgis one in the versus forum, if it doesn't already exists. However, if such a thing already exists in that versus forum, then you can stick to that one.

Name a number between 1 and 10
Pandemonium

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 01:11 PM
Click here to Send FE Expert a Private Message Find more posts by FE Expert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Orestes
Well yes, Jango did do this (Komari Vosa is the dark jedi he took down), but he did that with all of his equipment still intact. Against Mace, he'd lost his jetpack and I assume also his flamethrower, since they drew from the same fuel source. AND he was down to ONE pistol as his only remaining weapon.

That's why I get so irritated when jedi fans make a big deal about this fight like it proved anything about jedi vs. top-end bounty hunters. Fact is, Mace DIDN'T beat Jango Fett -- the reek did. Or to put it another way, Lucas and the plot did. Mace was just an opportunist (granted, I probably would have been as well in the same situation) who jumped on a golden opportunity to take an easy win against a largely disabled opponent.

A similar fight (in terms of fairness to the characters) would have been Jango with all of his gear intact versus Mace with his lightsaber shorted out. In which case, of course, Jango would have killed Mace in less time than it takes to say, "The Force is NOT with you."

Except that Mace and Jango BOTH had the opportunity to jump out of the way of the reek. Mace got out with his weapon intact, Jango got trampled.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2005 05:45 PM
Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by General Kaliero
I'd say, at that point, he was pretty defenseless.

No, he was shooting at Windu with his personal blaster before Windu chopped his head off; I wouldn't consider that "defenceless".

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 02:25 AM
Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
08juggernaut

i would because jango has no hope in hell with one blaster against a jedi master i mean i personlly think jango fully armed could beat mace

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 02:10 PM
Click here to Send 08juggernaut a Private Message Find more posts by 08juggernaut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Re: Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
what might jango have done differently to survive the duel he had with mace windu?

Okay, this post is late as hell, but he might have thrown down his blaster and surrendered. Jedi are not allowed to kill in cold blood

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 02:24 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy1201
Me, obviously

i dont understand why jango didnt run away abit while shooting what i do on swg that tactics lets me kill lvl 90s so jango is dumb

Old Post Aug 28th, 2006 04:11 PM
Click here to Send Fishy1201 a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy1201 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Maliko
Jedi Knight

Well if Jango wasn't so cheap and would have had beskar armor and a beskar throat protector, then he COULD have survived.

Jango wasn't the best, but Boba grew up to be threw his hatred of Force-users. Boba wore beskar armor in LOTF: Invincible and he survived a body bisector slice by Jaina Solo during her "Jedi-hunter" training.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 01:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Maliko a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Maliko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 02:33 AM
Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Darth Maliko
Well if Jango wasn't so cheap and would have had beskar armor and a beskar throat protector, then he COULD have survived.

Jango wasn't the best, but Boba grew up to be threw his hatred of Force-users. Boba wore beskar armor in LOTF: Invincible and he survived a body bisector slice by Jaina Solo during her "Jedi-hunter" training.
EU trash.

Lol just kidding. Christ be with you.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Re: Re: Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

Originally posted by Council#13
Okay, this post is late as hell, but he might have thrown down his blaster and surrendered. Jedi are not allowed to kill in cold blood

yeah but do you wanna test that out in the middle of a war? wink

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 08:31 AM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Re: Re: Jango Fett vs. Mace Windu.....

Originally posted by Jovan
yeah but do you wanna test that out in the middle of a war? wink
Your post is late as hell.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

better late than never

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Hmm... this is quite late though.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 08:37 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BetrayedUnicorn
...its science,dear

he should have sniped mace from a distance...or dropped a nuke.

-Saint Nicholas-

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 08:05 PM
Click here to Send BetrayedUnicorn a Private Message Find more posts by BetrayedUnicorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sweet.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 09:01 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jango should have just kept flying around blasting at him instead of landing and facing him.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 11th, 2008 10:24 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Mace could have jumped up.

Old Post May 11th, 2008 11:31 AM