KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Travolta's role in The Punisher

Travolta's role in The Punisher
Started by: Darth Vicious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Vicious

Travolta's role in The Punisher

the following is an article from Wizard 143: The comics magazine, "Superstar John Travolta has signed on for the role of Howard Saint, a former underground figure who goes straight but returns to the game once his son is slain, leading to conflicts with Frank Castle(The Punisher)", now that seems interesting because if thats in fact the character that he is gonna play its pretty much how Frank Castle became The Punisher, their origins are pretty much alike.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 01:10 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keif

who is howard saint???i haven't read the punisher since his orginal mini series by mike zeck,is thsi saint guy a charcter from his new series or is he made up for the movie???

Old Post Oct 25th, 2003 09:04 AM
keif is currently offline Click here to Send keif a Private Message Find more posts by keif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blind-Enemy
Lures of the syren

i think is made up for the movie

Ashes

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2003 10:44 PM
Blind-Enemy is currently offline Click here to Send Blind-Enemy a Private Message Find more posts by Blind-Enemy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

travolta is gonna kick ass in a punisher movie

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 12:50 AM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

this movie looks like shit. The punisher looks like a little *****. Watch the trailers, he's a little pretty boy who doesnt know how to hold a gun. Punisher is supposed to be intimidating not pussified. This movie is gonna be full of comic book cliche's and horrible comic book to movie adaptations. and to top it off Travolta is in it. GOD damn they only thing i can say looks positive in this movie, is during the trailers it looks like jack nicholson is gonna have a small part

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 02:25 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batmanrules

dude you are so wrong, this is the best punisher look ever, and jane is gonna give a great dark calm punisher performence which would make a good impact on garth ennis' comics.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 04:35 AM
batmanrules is currently offline Click here to Send batmanrules a Private Message Find more posts by batmanrules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asian Hulk

I think Thomas Jane will play the role as the Punisher.but Travolta will be as the Punisher's villain in the movie.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2003 11:54 AM
Asian Hulk is currently offline Click here to Send Asian Hulk a Private Message Find more posts by Asian Hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Fantastic
screw DC

What role is Kevin Nash playing in Punisher?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 11:11 PM
Mr. Fantastic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Fantastic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Fantastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Friend44

I like John Travolta, not for his early films like Saturday Night Fever (he looked too efiminate)but for his later roles - Broken Arrow, I even liked his sci-fi role as a villain (forget the title), Phenomenom was great...ect... Yet, I'm not to comfortable with him playing a role that goes into a specific persona of a comic.
I think that Travolta should keep with his own roles that are made for him. It's gonna bother me all the time if he's in the Punisher flick. I'll always think of something like the dancer against the Punisher...jokes, jokes, ect...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2003 11:27 PM
Friend44 is currently offline Click here to Send Friend44 a Private Message Find more posts by Friend44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Iron Falcon
Wing Man

I have seen the preview at www.apple.com/trailers
and let me tell you i think the new punisher is gay because they killed the story line, that i know anyway,
1. Frank is a sissy boy, that and they did not bring back Dolph
2. It takes place in what looks like Miami and not New York
3. It does not look like he is a cop. going to have to do more research on that one.
4. Travolta is in it. I like Travolta and i thought he would have learned his lesson with Battlefield Earth.
5. like RagesRemorse said his does not know how to hold a gun.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 06:27 AM
Iron Falcon is currently offline Click here to Send Iron Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Iron Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Iron Falcon
Wing Man

and another thing, as i just get finished the preview, Thomas Jane does not have the hard @$$ look about him, he just looks like a whinny child. they need some that can pull of hardcore out of their @$$

Old Post Nov 13th, 2003 06:43 AM
Iron Falcon is currently offline Click here to Send Iron Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Iron Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote