KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Best evidence that Neo's phone call happens at the end of Revolutions.......

Best evidence that Neo's phone call happens at the end of Revolutions.......
Started by: Evil Dead

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

What's confusing?

How many times have you watched the film Korri......just out of curiousity?

All through Reloaded we are told that choice is an illusion........people only believe they have choice, when in fact they don't. This was represented by the Merovingian when he sent the blonde woman in the restaraunt a piece of cake........he was controlling her.....she had no choice to make, he wrote a program that controlled her....taking away all choice.

The Oracle tells Neo "you have already made the choice......you are here now to understand why you made the choice".........then Neo asks why he can't see past Trinity being shot when she falls, why he doesn't see Trinity die. The Oracle tells him, "we can never see past the choices we don't understand"..............

Basically what it all means is.........Fate. Our destiny is pre-ordained.........if something is going to happen, it's going to happen....there is nothing we can do to change it.

On the architect's screens in the source are different choices Neo could make. Each time, the architect predicts the correct choice Neo could have made. Why? because the choice had already been made.......the architect understands why Neo made the choices he did so he can see past them. The Architect knew Neo wouldn't enter the mainframe........the architect knew Neo would choose to save Trinity.

This is where the illusion of choice came into play. Even though the architect already knew what was going to happen........he told Neo, "she is going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it".......then presented Neo with the 2 doors. This was the illusion of choice........the architect already knew what door Neo was going to take.......but presented him with 2 options to give Neo the illusion that he had a choice to make ...........when in fact he had already made the choice because it was pre-ordained (fate)..........

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:09 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
"Have you considered that the phone-call at the end of M1, may take place JUST before Reloaded begins? As you say yourself, the hacking starts at September 18th 1999. Very well, that means Reloaded starts at that date. Actually EtM starts a little earlier than Reloaded, since we go get the last transmission from the Oriris, and then get the “The machines are digging scene.”
So we’re at the very LEAST on the 19th of September at the end of Reloaded."

Incorrect...........Reloaded can not begin the same day as the end of the first Matrix film.........why? Because "the kid" is in Reloaded. We all know that in Reloaded the kid is up and walking around.........meaning he has already spent weeks having his muscles rebuilt due to atrophy while in the pod + he has hair. Therefore Reloaded can not begin the same day as The Matrix ends.

There's a time gap from the biginnig to the end of M1, we just dont know how much time passes in the movie. We do know that around 6month from the 1st to the 2nd. So during the kiss scene and the call sometime could have passed. Time in which the kid releases himself, make sence?blink

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:12 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

no i understand wot ur saying i just think that its a little hard 2 process all this information (i have a minute brain)

i watch M1 as much as possible n i have seen reloaded on 3 occasions

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:12 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

You are correct on your synopsis of the time frame.......

19 months pass in the first Matrix movie...........undoubtedly some time has passed between the "kiss scene" and the phone call scene at the end........Neo has learned he has a cool new power during that time gap (flying).

That's where the speculation that Reloaded and Revolutions take place between those two scenes in the first movie comes from.........there is a time gap.........yet the ending date of Reloaded is the same day as when Neo makes the phone call at the end of the first movie.

That coupled with the fact that Neo says at the beginning of that phone call, "I know you're out there........I can feel you now"......and at the end of Reloaded Neo says, "somethings different, I can feel them".......meaning that Reloaded takes place before that phone call.

One thing though.........we actually have no idea how much time passes. In Reloaded Morpheus says, "we have freed more minds in the past 6 months than we have in the past 6 years"..........Neo could have been one of those minds freed in the last 6 months that Morpheus was talking about.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:19 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

raver <There is some fiction in your truth,
and some truth in your fiction.> raver

<evil dead>

She doesn't quite chop your head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of you.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:20 PM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
You are correct on your synopsis of the time frame.......

19 months pass in the first Matrix movie...........undoubtedly some time has passed between the "kiss scene" and the phone call scene at the end........Neo has learned he has a cool new power during that time gap (flying).

That's where the speculation that Reloaded and Revolutions take place between those two scenes in the first movie comes from.........there is a time gap.........yet the ending date of Reloaded is the same day as when Neo makes the phone call at the end of the first movie.

That coupled with the fact that Neo says at the beginning of that phone call, "I know you're out there........I can feel you now"......and at the end of Reloaded Neo says, "somethings different, I can feel them".......meaning that Reloaded takes place before that phone call.

One thing though.........we actually have no idea how much time passes. In Reloaded Morpheus says, "we have freed more minds in the past 6 months than we have in the past 6 years"..........Neo could have been one of those minds freed in the last 6 months that Morpheus was talking about.

Well in an interview Keanu says that 6months have passed smile

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:24 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

okay Mr. Smarty pants wink

In the movies we are given no point of reference to determine how much time has passed.......that better?

I'll take Keanu's word for it........he probably knows what he's talking about.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:37 PM
Kes
Philie

big grin yeh. Well you have Morpheous saying: "In the past 6months.." stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:42 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

blah

Morpheus never said it had been 6 months since the last movie......he just said they had freed alot of minds in the past 6 months.......Neo could have been one of those minds........that is if Keanu hadn't said in an interview that it had been 6 months since the last movie.

smart

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:49 PM
Kes
Philie

Well thats what I mean. All we get is Morpheous saying 6months. We just have to assume that it was after Neo big grin

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 06:58 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

WELL OKAY THEN!!!!!!

cool

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 07:08 PM
Kes
Philie

rock

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 07:26 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

hmmmmmmmmm....... rock

now is that arm protruding from the head.........or is the head protruding from the arm? very unsettling.....

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 07:30 PM
Kes
Philie

big grin

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 07:33 PM
FLIPMODE

This is the Best theory so far.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 11:34 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

I still think there is free will though.

Only the Oracle and The architect can se the Future so they can see"destiny" but everyone is just acting out free will, they are not following destiny, it's impossible.

Besides if Neo fell into thinking there is no free will, he'd be the merovingian.

Infact, that's why some think the merovingian is a former "The One"
because in order for persaphone to say the merovingian used to be like Neo, would mean he believed in free will at one time. Just like Neo eh?

And by the end of Revolutions, Neo is falling into that kind of thinking. it's the kind of thinking that comes without hope.

The merovingian is now hopeless.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 11:40 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Also I dont think the movie should end on the Phonecall for one main reason,..us fans ALLREADY LOVED that ending, and waited years to find out just hwat happens after it. And to this day there is nothing.

Well it would be better that after the climax of the film, or VERY near the end, Neo makes the phone call, and the continues to sum up the solution to the problem from there.

Like lets say the film is 2hrs and 45 minutes long. I'd say the Phone call should happen at about 2 hrs and 20 minutes into the film.

Giving a good 20minutes to wrap up from there with at leasting showing the beggining of the end IN PROGRESS. Satisfying fans.

I think in Revolutions Neo will Fight Smith early on, then Absorb him or something, then make it back in just enough time to save Zion.

*Just cuz Neo says Zion will be done in 24 hrs, does'nt mean it will...he's been wrong before.*

Then there's still pleanty of time in the film, the whole Bane-Smith thing Move the Story along.

INFACT: Picture this. REMEMBER...how in part 1 Smith captured and tortured a struggling Morpheus,...WELL Surely the Tides can turn and Morpheus may have the opportunity to return the Favor. They can all sorts of Info out of the Smith Bane Hybrid.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 11:50 PM
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by FLIPMODE
I still think there is free will though.

Only the Oracle and The architect can se the Future so they can see"destiny" but everyone is just acting out free will, they are not following destiny, it's impossible.

Well Neo sees the future blink

quote:
Originally posted by FLIPMODE

Besides if Neo fell into thinking there is no free will, he'd be the merovingian.

Infact, that's why some think the merovingian is a former "The One"
because in order for persaphone to say the merovingian used to be like Neo, would mean he believed in free will at one time. Just like Neo eh?

I've been thinking about that. About what Persephone says and I think (IMO) what she ment was that he wanted to be free at one point. Because he's a Rogue program and (as far as I can tell) Rogue programs are programs that should have been eliminated (destroied) but chose not to. (just like Smith says before the Burly Brawl (sp))

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 12:00 AM
Ikobe
The Swan's Princess

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
The reason it needed splitting is because what was initially going to be the sequel is now Reloaded AND Revolutions was too big as one film.

Too true. Joel Silver said that is was split and still filmed at the same time so it could be financially better, or something along those lines (go see the S:2 article or somethin').

~Ikobe

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 12:02 AM
Ikobe is currently offline Click here to Send Ikobe a Private Message Find more posts by Ikobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Well at one point he was like everyone else, and followed free will.

He's reaching the level of the oracle, but not quite. I think we'll see by the time this is done, he'll be talking and acting like the oracle.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 12:18 AM