KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » T3 General Purpose Thread - Misc.

T3 General Purpose Thread - Misc.
Started by: Senor_Pessoba

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alic88
Barzakh

wouldn't b cool seeing terminator 3 the highest grossing film of 2003. IT TOOK THEM 175 MILLION 2 make that movie, which i still am confused bout since T2 WAS 100 MILLION and i went like WOW. yeah i no the crane scene and everything but still . 175 MILLION? THEY BETTER MAKE UP FOR ALL THAT MONEY. i want it 2 gross 250 million. WOW THAT WOULD B COOL

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 12:36 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

Yea...but that just in USA and you must know they will make T4 and they must have mobey for another movie also...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 12:48 PM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

quote:
Originally posted by alic88
the one thing that was missing in t3 were the BLUE AND BLACK scenes, the one with endoskeletons and stuff like that. i guess that will happen in t4 IF IT COMES. T3 has grossed 110 million in 2 weeks in USA. it still is 2 b released in UK and globally. if it keeps going like this we might not c another terminator movie

Not true T3 was released in some parts of Asia already in the same week, not sure about Europe though.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 01:57 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
02blur

No offense CoCooN, but your English is not very good...

I liked the movie, I mean what other story did you wAnt? Not many people are really explaining, they just say it sucked.
I can tell you I was pretty emotionally involved when those T1-2(3,4,5,etc...) tank machines came rolling through there office mowing down everyone in sight! Just imagine if that happened...Then they went outside and were killing everyone. And the Nukes going off! Just imagine whats going to happen next!
Did that affect no one emotionally? Am I the only one!?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 02:34 PM
02blur is currently offline Click here to Send 02blur a Private Message Find more posts by 02blur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
02blur

At least your English is better than CoCooN's...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 02:39 PM
02blur is currently offline Click here to Send 02blur a Private Message Find more posts by 02blur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 03:34 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leobrn12

lol

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 04:53 PM
Leobrn12 is currently offline Click here to Send Leobrn12 a Private Message Find more posts by Leobrn12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

EUROPE IS A place where t3 can do very well. letz hope that happens. we will have 2 push hard for t4

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 05:42 AM
CoCooN

Yesterday was a big premiera in BERLIN!!!Arnie and Kristanna was here!!! Now i just hope it will be great movie for all people in Europe!

Prepare Mostow to be reach:-))))

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 05:52 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

OK. I speak much better Slovenisch. I'm wondering how many lenguages do you speak?! hm............just one I guess.

I'm not from USA or UK, but I'm trying to tell you as good as I can! sorry for mistakes...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 06:00 AM
CoCooN

Isnt funny that the T1-2 had written on his armor what's his name? "Hello my name is T1-2, and I'm very dangerous!":-))))

Very emotionally!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 06:19 AM
alic88
Barzakh

T3 IS AWESOME FOR A COMEBACK MOVIE AFTER T2

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 11:17 AM
Leobrn12

T3 will do fine in money matters, and there will be a T4 I dont think we have to worry about that.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 09:09 PM
Leobrn12 is currently offline Click here to Send Leobrn12 a Private Message Find more posts by Leobrn12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

Yep this movie will do fine money wise. People in the Asian and gulf countries love Arnold more then most American actor. (People in Asia love American action movies) They ever liked his more resent moves like the 6th day.

And we got to think about VHS/DVD sell they will be huge to

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 10:43 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

C'mon rather than saying people cannot criticize the directiing, the acting the casting and the story in this forum.. it should be the name calling the age bashing and the making fun of peoples spelling or english that should be left outside. First of all, most people who loved t3 were very young when t2 came out so there is no connection with the story, or little connection. An msot peole who think that t2 was better than t1 was for the same reason. Those of us who watch the movies over and over like i do and who are sci fi fans and are kinda detail oriented like t1 the best.. and it was the best. If the date and budget are included it was by far a better film than t2. There are abhout 1000 reasons why. But again even though this is an opinion when i explain why, most people agree. I went with a fellow diehard termianto fan, and medium terminator fan and two not really terminator fans and nobody there really liked it. The two who werren't fans saw t2 but don't remember t1. so i played it for them and they were blown away by t1. Even after 20 years t1 hold up well. Do you guys know why? because 1 the story, for 2 the arnold's evil character and thirdly the special effects were outstanding, especially for 1984! Compare robocop or any other sci fi in the eighties i dare any one and trmiantor is on top there too. Similar with t2 compare anything in the 90's and almost the same thing name better sci fi effects and story.. same result.

Verdict t1 A+
t2 A
T3 C

t3 had half of what make a good terminator flick, special effects and action and in the case of arnie dr silberman and tx, good casting. What was poor was the script, the lines, the plot and the music. The timing was poor. So it was half excellent and half shitty so i think it was ok as a movie, but when compared to what a terminator flick is it kinda sucked.
Remember both t1 and t2 wer blockbusters so the standards must be high.. Of course the quality of the direction and production will be compared to t1 and t2...who else to compare with.. people that did a toy story.. no we are talking trmiantor saga and that is the subject.. ALL aspects of the terminator saga. I feel eveybody who went to t3 hoped it wouldn't suck and looked at it thru a differrent set of eyes .. and some didn't like wjhat they saw. I n respose to what was suggested above.. I would like to slap everyone who thought t3 was excellent.. because really, it wasn't

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 10:12 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

I agree doing the same thing with now chage is boring.. but then again the more things change the more they stay the same.. there is a reason for that saying.. becuse it is true.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 10:14 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

And most of them who are saying T3 is the best of all...they didnt saw T2 in 1991, but they saw movie 3 years later, because they were to young to watch that movie...terminator has a dark future!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 10:20 AM
CoCooN

And they are comparing T2 and T3 as a profit. T2 get only 30 million in weekend and T3 44 million...but problem is, nobody ask WHY?! because in 1991 there were no internet and Tv were not on so high level, and cinmes were not in every small city like today. The way of life changed, thats why T3 gets more money as T2.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 10:23 AM
dulobast25

T2 did good because after seeing t1 peole lined up to see t2 and t3 did good becuase t2 was so good, but let;s keep in perspective. marketing being equal, terminator was the biggest suceess of all. they had to fight to produce it and actually do some un ethical things to convice that iw was a good movie and when the producers saw bits. they had to have it.
many don't take into consideration that t2 was the msot expensive movie of all time and was a megahit, but the terminator was a budget flick, a b movie with no named actors other that the two cops and an unknown director and shot on a shoestring budget.. arnold giving back a fe mil to to the t3 window truck scene was nothing... a poor use of money.. in t1 they actually ran out of money and could not pay camera men and wardrobe people or security.. so arnold had get his wardrobe out of the trunk of a car and cameron had to shoot some scenes himself with no one but he and arnold around.... They used a hydrulic crane to punch thru the windshied. Ti is condierd by most fil critics to be the better crafted film than the second. this is the reason why t2 made so much money... t1 was a budget flick that was shot on a night of living dead budget and achieved top gun status and reviews. Thusly t2's excellence pave the sales for t3.. not on it's own merits. Now if t4 does even better, it's because t3 was well liked or that people are hoping for t4 to redeem or explain t3. if t4 does bad at the box office and struggles to cover much over ot even make the 170 million, it will likely be the fault of t3. Most peole i know want to see a movie because of the previous and cause the trailer's and actos seem good. Most i know don't listen to what friends say if they liked the first... most go to see for themselves and that is what will give the us the answer how much money t3 and t4 will make. As for scenes, the talk to the hand was ill timed and the body movement poor... it was a little funny but James CAmeron would have left it out becasue although james liked humor, he felt it has it's place and that making a clown out of the terminator removes the seriouseness of the subject, the intesity of the t-800 and terminators in general and takes a way from the fact than in his programming, that he is only 1 digt away from pulling the hearts out people who threaten him or his mission. A mostow mistake. It was a little funny, but the scene should have went like...are you going to pay for that..(they show the red screen choose a response) are you shitting me? and they clerk says you'dd better pay or il'll
(the converstation interrupted, cut to the next scene showing the clerk being thrown through a the storefront glass window..followed by arnold stepping on the glass as he walks towards the truck. the clerk, hurt and scared read the plates and that's the scene. Now that would have been funny, but not at the terminators expense making him seem campy, but having humor intertwined with fear...mostow missed this point. And the glasses in the stripp club.. when he walked out and he put the ugly shades on, and took them off and stepped on them (copied cameron) It was funny, i won't lie, but the humor should have been @ the stripper's expense. I agree the whole hand thru stomach was unecessary and looked more like a horror flick than a sci fi flick. It lacked the intensity and grit of the heart fillet scent in t1. Also cutting the chest meat off looked fake and nasty, he should have just removed a small piece near a wound and opened the hatched and unscrewed a cylinder chamber. There is NOTHING wrong with those who don't really like t3. There's nothing wrong with peole that think a good car goes beyond a toyota carolla. Die hard terminator fans have high standards..and they should considerding the first 2 were groundbreaking films and were blockbusters. we should expect nothing but the very best int t3 and t4.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 12:25 PM
CoCooN

I must tell you, James Cameron didnt left terminator as a director of the franschise because of funny stuffs or money or other problems with presure on him by fans of terminator....he left because of story. I read James Cameron wasnt totaly prepared for T2, but Arnie came and help him to finish a script...and in the middle of the shooting (t2) Arnie help James to finish the story, because James was not prepared 100%, he lost ideas. In T3 he was not anymory interested in T3 script writing, he dont even give comentary to T3. He started to write a script for Alien 5, and Arnie will perhaps act in it. But the problem in T3 is, Mario Kassar and Andi Vajna were producers in T1 and T2...and the big question is, why they didnt help to Mostow to make movie like it should be!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 12:39 PM