KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » what do you think of the new metallica album?

what do you think of the new metallica album?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

ive been a metallica fan for about ten years now, i love metallica. to me there the kings of metal or were i liked all there albums up to st.anger to me it was just recylced music of there previous albums, im one of the fans who even liked re load i thought it was a succesfull transition for them but i guess alot others diddnt feel that way. yeah DEFFAINTLY pick up there other albums its worth it, there harder and better musicaly coordinated, Masters is probably their most talented album,that whole CD is filled with classics, my fav is and justice for all though deffaintly get and justice and maters before ride the lightning, Garage INC. is also spectacular they show off there diversity in music in that album

my fav songs are ORION, TO LIVE IS TO DIE, SANITARIUM

whats the new guys name?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 05:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Masters was awesome when it came out, I remember it blew us all away.
Considering at that time bands like Rat, Motley Crew, Poison, Night Ranger was considered the heavy kings sick

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 06:49 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah and it still blows away most all of modern so called metal band albums

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 09:06 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

yes

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 11:31 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowhand
Superguitarist

Personally, I think the album *sounds* like crap. I haven't listened to it enough to digest all the nuances of the arrangements and lyrics, but it sounds like they recorded the damned thing in a giant tin can. The drums sound like a cheapie set from the Sears catalogue and the overall tone is very reminiscent if Garage Days. While that was well and fine for garage days (being garage recordings and all) it cheapens Metallica to produce this awful sounding garbage when comparing it to the Black Album of Load and Rerload with thier nice, warm mids. Even prior albums produced by Fleming Rasmuusen(sp) in antiquated studios sound better than this crap.

IMHO.

With my spear and magic helmet,

~Slowhand

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:30 PM
Slowhand is currently offline Click here to Send Slowhand a Private Message Find more posts by Slowhand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

dont waste your time listening to the rest, its depressing. after burton it all went down hill. There is no rock that compares to old metallica

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 06:49 AM
finti

well that is just a matter of opinion, I can think of numerous bands that I consider far better than Metallica

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 07:53 AM
jinXed by JaNx

yeah i can think of many bands i like and think are far more talented than metallica but none have done as much for metal and none never will

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 07:19 PM
finti

well I think Priest and Maiden did just as much for metal as Metallica ever done and I aint no fan of either. they all have some good records but eveen though I was blown away about the Metallica once dont mean I like em too much

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 08:11 PM
jinXed by JaNx

metallica brought diversity to the table though.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 09:03 PM
diegocala
Replicant

quote:
Originally posted by Slowhand
Personally, I think the album *sounds* like crap. I haven't listened to it enough to digest all the nuances of the arrangements and lyrics, but it sounds like they recorded the damned thing in a giant tin can. The drums sound like a cheapie set from the Sears catalogue and the overall tone is very reminiscent if Garage Days. While that was well and fine for garage days (being garage recordings and all) it cheapens Metallica to produce this awful sounding garbage when comparing it to the Black Album of Load and Rerload with thier nice, warm mids. Even prior albums produced by Fleming Rasmuusen(sp) in antiquated studios sound better than this crap.

IMHO.
They did that on purpose...and failed. Bob Rock went for the moon.

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 10:27 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

Anyone see them play at the end of the MTV music awards?? I watched the very end of it and they played Frantic from there new Album and I thought it sound….pretty good but I have never seen them play in concert so I cant compare

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 06:34 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowhand
Superguitarist

quote:
Originally posted by diegocala
They did that on purpose...and failed. Bob Rock went for the moon.

Yes, I understand that it was recorded this way by design, not by accident. What I don't understand is why? After 20 years of recording, why make an album that sounds like crap? The only rational explanation I can think of is that they don't give a shit. It is my considered opinion that this album will only sound good to a die hard Metallica fan. It sounds ametuer and juvenile and sales will ultimately reflect that.

Does anyone else think that the "Unstoppable Juggernaut" that was Melallica is now dead or dying? St. Anger is a damned shame.

With my spear and magic helmet,

~Slowhand

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 04:58 PM
Slowhand is currently offline Click here to Send Slowhand a Private Message Find more posts by Slowhand Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moosooman
Restricted

Account Restricted

the new one is absoluteley awfull, yes they may have there heavines back but overall they have lost there escence

-TeamMir-

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 05:29 PM
Moosooman is currently offline Click here to Send Moosooman a Private Message Find more posts by Moosooman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

you think metallica's new album is heavy? damn its not hevy just repetitive shit, oh well metallica sucks any more and will suck untill they quit. People will rememeber when they were sitting atop the heavy metal throne though. They just forgot how to be hard rock

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 01:30 PM
Fire

it isn't their best album ever but I like some songs on it, as with every Metallica album the fans are divided, some like it some hate it
I'm a bit torn some numbers like frantic are just good others are very bad

But I have every Metallica album so I also have this one.
I've seen them live 2 already and a 3th time next year smile
I saw the St. Anger tour this year
and the nothing else matters tour (tho it has a different name) a couple years back that was the best tour ever

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 02:25 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

the best mettalica song is deffinatley Master of Puppets

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 02:36 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I still prefere don't tread on me

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 03:23 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

not sayin i dont like that song i just really love master of puppets

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 03:25 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

okie, np korri you dig what evr song you like

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 03:26 PM