KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Qui Gon Jinn vs. Count Dooku.....

Qui Gon Jinn vs. Count Dooku.....
Started by: Rogue Jedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Qui Gon Jinn vs. Count Dooku.....

if Qui Gon were to duel Count Dooku, who would win?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

hmmm... I would have to say Dooku.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 08:12 PM
Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Probably Dooku.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 11:45 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

hmmm. thats a tough one.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 02:20 AM
Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

it would be a long, hard duel, but i think in the end, dooku would win.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 06:11 AM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Dooku, after all Maul did beat Qui Gon in TPM and he couldn't even do the lightning thing!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 02:08 PM
Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

the only advantage dooku would have is that he trained qui gon, so he would know his fighting style, and vice versa.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 08:00 AM
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
Originally posted by Baylin
Dooku, after all Maul did beat Qui Gon in TPM and he couldn't even do the lightning thing!

does it say in EU that Maul hadn't mastered the lightning thing? I'm just curious. I think that Qui Gonn wouldn't have beaten Dookie, but he could have beaten Maul under better circumstances.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 12:57 AM
Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

umm..no. Qui gon's not that of a good duelist. He wasn't a match for maul and he would certainly not be for dooku.
He was good at something else...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 10:57 PM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

and whats that?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 11:23 PM
Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

he's wise. If fully trained (if there is such a thing) he seems more force attunded than others.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2003 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

We was more focused on using the Force than dueling.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2003 03:38 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

qui gon is not a good duelist? which episode 1 version did you watch?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 06:08 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

and yes, qui gon could have beaten maul if he had done 1 or 2 things differently.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 06:10 AM
Dexx
wingless

umm..no, he couldn't.
Siths aren't to be joked with either.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 12:25 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

qui gon could have beaten maul if he had obi wan with him. i have already had this discussion and it looks like i have to relive it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 07:17 PM
Dexx
wingless

umm..i don't know.
Maul was a better duelist then any of them. but better then both at the same time...dunno..he might have been.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 11:28 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

ive said before that although qui gon fought valiantly, he should have waited for obi wan. i dont mean "hey, time out, maul" but he could have slowed his attacks and allowed obi wan to catch up. maul was obviously leading them into a trap. why do you think he was fighting a retreating battle the whole time? PS: have you read darth maul:sabotuer? its the one EU book i dont own. i cant find it anywhere. is it good?

Last edited by Rogue Jedi on Jul 22nd, 2003 at 08:01 AM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 07:52 AM
Dexx
wingless

nope..i tried to find it also. Didn't find it....oh..i think i saw it at chapters last year. Dunno why i didn't get it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 12:16 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

if it is half as good as shadow hunter, ill but it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 07:16 PM