KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books

Comic Books
Started by: Darth Vicious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Vicious

Comic Books

evil face Whatup Guys , Since this is a SH section i assume some if not most of you read comic books, if any of u do, Which titles u like the most?, What has been ur favorite storyline of all time? and what r u currently reading?, wink hopefully no one wont be ashamed to post about it!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 12:28 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I'm insanely obessessed with X-Men, [see i'm not ashamed of my insanity, infact I enjoy it quite a lot]

Some of my others are:

Young Justice
Teen Titans
Spiderman [pretty much all titles]
Batman
Robin
Superman [some]
{And I was into SuperBoy, but they cancelled that...}

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 12:01 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Im pretty much a Marvel zombie, most comics that i read are Marvel comics, about 95%!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 12:45 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

I wanna find some good Marvel titles, any suggestions? I mean, I'm pretty much lost except for X-Men, Spidey, Fantastic Fou and...um, is Blade Marvel's?

I think it's cause, DC has so many different comic versions of the same character.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 07:03 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-NuT
Seeks the Ring

Spiderman because of the seemingly endless list of cool villains.

Frodo - My dear Sam.

Gollum - My Precious!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 07:22 AM
P-NuT is currently offline Click here to Send P-NuT a Private Message Find more posts by P-NuT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
borgasm???
sexy munky

spiderman (complete disregard to the popularity), and wolverine too ( who is also joining the super hero all star list.) it kind of irks me that they are so cliche, but maybe they are so popular bacause sometimes millions of people agreeing on one thing is for a good reason.

Wolverine's ORIGIN is the coolest storyline yet, with even cooler art.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 09:00 AM
borgasm??? is currently offline Click here to Send borgasm??? a Private Message Find more posts by borgasm??? Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Yup i agree "Origins" was pretty good and also if u guys havet read "The Sentry" u guys should its an awsome storyline and as far as the X-men my favorite storylines are Ageof Apocalypse, Onslaught, E for Extintion and the classics such as Phoenix saga, Exxecutioners Song, In Spider man, Ultimate Spiderman is awsome and Maximum Carnage from a few years ago and nything with the Black Cat in it!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 08:49 PM
Metroplex

Origins was pretty good. now we know where Wolverine comes from, the only thing i didint likd about itwas how it ended. I really like the new batman comics with Jim Lee pencilling it. The Daredevil stroy is pretty good too. Right now in the comic, Daredevil's identity is revealed by someone who works for Kingpin and everone is after him now.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 07:05 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

Well you know about me Darth. But, can i make a few complaints? Here they are:
Chuck Austen's Uncanny
Chuck Austen's Captain America
Chuck Austen's is going to take up Avengers (I loved Red Zone)
Morrisons leaving New X-men
Mark Waid leaving FF
FF art style (it didn't go with Unthinkable.)
No more Black Panther, which was the one of the best books by far.

Good things:
Hulk's getting better
I can't wait for 1602
Avengers/JLA is almost here
Amazing Spider-man is good
Ultimate Spidey. 'Nuff Said
FF
DareDevil
Ultimates
Avengers.

made by verauko

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 08:00 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

Also, Score for Darth in actually making this thread.

made by verauko

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 08:01 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

I really love the Ulimate titles: Ultimate Daredevil, The Ultimates, Ultimate Spidey and ultimate X-men. Really good story lines.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 08:18 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Is there an Ultimate DD, i stoped sollecting comics about 2 1/2 yrs ago and recently started again which i dont have to say im kinda lost for most titles except X-men which i always boughtin a regular basis!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 08:33 PM
duffy

Everyone should read the marvel max title Alias its amazinly good but is coming to an end soon sad

Withnail: What for?
I: Ask him about his house.
Withnail: You want me to call what-his-name and ask him about his house?
I: Why not?
Withnail: Alright. what's his number?
I: I've no idea - I've never met him.
Withnail: Well neither have I. What the **** are you talking about?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 12:56 AM
duffy is currently offline Click here to Send duffy a Private Message Find more posts by duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

I never really picked it up. Is there any TPB I can check out?
O yeah, one of may favorite stories is Bloodties (exodus, avengers, x-men crossover), Onslaught, and have any of you read Secret Wars? Also does anyone know what the Avengers/JLA crossover going to be about?

made by verauko

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 03:46 PM
Metroplex

I only have the conclusion of the secret wars where Warlock gets the infinity glove. Dont really know what happened before that

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 04:41 PM
duffy

Yeah the TPBs will be out quite soon i think

When it ends with issue #28 the main character Jessica Jones will join a new non-MAX series called 'the Pulse' which will co-star JJJ and Ben Urich and will take place at the bugle.

Withnail: What for?
I: Ask him about his house.
Withnail: You want me to call what-his-name and ask him about his house?
I: Why not?
Withnail: Alright. what's his number?
I: I've no idea - I've never met him.
Withnail: Well neither have I. What the **** are you talking about?

Last edited by duffy on Jul 22nd, 2003 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 10:04 PM
duffy is currently offline Click here to Send duffy a Private Message Find more posts by duffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Is there an Ultimate DD, i stoped sollecting comics about 2 1/2 yrs ago and recently started again which i dont have to say im kinda lost for most titles except X-men which i always boughtin a regular basis!

I think its only a miniseries. Its called Ultimate Dardevil and Electra. Its mostly about Electra and how she became an assasin and how her new profession interfere's with MAtt's moral choices. Really good.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 10:08 PM
Metroplex

If you are a big X series fan, go to http://www.snikt.com/COTA/index.htm They have lots of bios and comic guides for the X titles.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 10:12 PM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i love reading:

The Amazing Spider-Man
Spider-Man Unlimited
X-Treme X-men
X-Men:Evolution
Batman: Gotham Adventures
Gotham Girls
Spawn
Spider-Man and Daredevil Crossovers
*used to buy Sonic the Hedgehog and movie based comics*
(Anime: Inu Yasha and Tenchi Muyo)

i read mostly spider-man comics. i read the essentials, almost done with vol. 2. i collect mostly the comic books from the 80's and some other one's. most of them are quite old, so i keep them in their rappings and special collector's casing. i love x-men movies, and x-evo toon! after i saw the movie of spawn, i started reading the comics and drawing him. love his powers and suit.

Good Spawn Quote:

"the descisions that we make now, help decide who we're going to be for the rest of our lives." ~Collieon

haven't read comic books in a while, mostly mangas these days, but i'll get back to spidey!

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 10:34 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

I'm I the only one who thinks Dr.Doom and Magento should get there own ongoing series? I'm I also the only one who thinks Frank Queitly is not that good of an artist?

made by verauko

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 05:37 PM